DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By dgstorm

Thread: Motorola Webtop Beta 3.0 Video Demoed on a Droid RAZR with ICS

1. Editor in Chief
    Member #
    Liked
    2023 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Premium Member

Motorola Webtop Beta 3.0 Video Demoed on a Droid RAZR with ICS

If you are excited by the idea of converting your smartphone into a PC with a dock, or you just want to see ICS running on a Droid RAZR then the above video may be of interest to you. Supposedly this is a leaked video demonstration of Webtop 3.0 beta running on a Motorola Droid RAZR with Ice Cream Sandwich. It even has a customized version of the stock browser instead of Firefox. For now, there is a lot of room for advancements before this tech is truly as useable as the manufacturers purport, but at least they are working toward perfecting it.

Source: RAZRForum via Engadget
    obxsalvo likes this.

3. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    198 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    Did they just make it the tablet version of ICS? Kind of looks lame now.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Holy crap that looks awesome! So jealous of razr owners.... I want ICS on my bionic already!
  5. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    DROID RAZR MAXX, BIONIC

Looks like Mirror Mode!

It doesn't appear that he is actually in webtop mode. It looks like all he is doing is HDMI mirror mode. I can run Gingerbread in big screen mode (HDMI Mirroring) too! Maybe that is what they changed?

Droid Bionic.
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    57 times
    Phone
    Vzw Droid RAZR
    The new webtop makes the lapdock look like an ics tablet. Ask of your apps and settings are accessible. It is a thousand times better than it used to be. It is not a mirror off your phone because you can configure your lapdock one way and it does not impact the phone. I have a different background on my phone and a different set up all together on my lapdock as far as widgets snapped I would use most. As far as the browser, it is just like the phone and you choose what browser to use by default if you have an alternate browser installed.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Xparent Purple Tapatalk
  7. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    DROID RAZR MAXX, BIONIC

Cool!

Quote Originally Posted by Jungle King 76;[URL="tel:2071836"
    2071836[/URL]]The new webtop makes the lapdock look like an ics tablet. Ask of your apps and settings are accessible. It is a thousand times better than it used to be. It is not a mirror off your phone because you can configure your lapdock one way and it does not impact the phone. I have a different background on my phone and a different set up all together on my lapdock as far as widgets snapped I would use most. As far as the browser, it is just like the phone and you choose what browser to use by default if you have an alternate browser installed.

That seems like a lot more goes into the new WebTop. I would guess that it has the potential to use less RAM because now it's just running one OS at a time. The current webtop just gives you a full Firefox browser and access to your regular phone screen (mobile view). I wish that they still had the full Firefox web browser though. It's nice to get the full computer feel on the lapdock.

How is ICS running on your RAZR? Everything that I've tried with ICS or HoneyComb has been super laggy except for the original Asus Transformer (I haven't seen a Prime yet). I couldn't stand playing with the Galaxy Nexus the other day at the Verizon store, it was just so laggy in the UI. And all of the Android Tablets that I tried (honeycomb I'm pretty sure) were super laggy too!!

I hope Motorola makes ICS work as well as they have made Gingerbread run on my Bionic (RAZR is even a step above the Bionic). From what I've seen of ICS, I'm in no rush to get rid of my super running Gingerbread.

Stock Droid Bionic.
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    57 times
    Phone
    Vzw Droid RAZR
    Quote Originally Posted by djembeman View Post
    That seems like a lot more goes into the new WebTop. I would guess that it has the potential to use less RAM because now it's just running one OS at a time. The current webtop just gives you a full Firefox browser and access to your regular phone screen (mobile view). I wish that they still had the full Firefox web browser though. It's nice to get the full computer feel on the lapdock.

How is ICS running on your RAZR? Everything that I've tried with ICS or HoneyComb has been super laggy except for the original Asus Transformer (I haven't seen a Prime yet). I couldn't stand playing with the Galaxy Nexus the other day at the Verizon store, it was just so laggy in the UI. And all of the Android Tablets that I tried (honeycomb I'm pretty sure) were super laggy too!!

I hope Motorola makes ICS work as well as they have made Gingerbread run on my Bionic (RAZR is even a step above the Bionic). From what I've seen of ICS, I'm in no rush to get rid of my super running Gingerbread.

Stock Droid Bionic.
    I personally use maxthon browser and on the lapdock, it is no different than using a laptop. Full internet browsing experience. Yeah, the old version of the webtop just didn't seem complete to me.

Ics is running great but there is some lag in the drawer. Otherwise, I have only had FC's for one app that I assume has just not been updated or optimized for ics yet. Everything else works without issues.

Links