DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By dgstorm
  • 3 Post By OneTenderRebel

Thread: Apple and Samsung's 'Thermonuclear War' may be over; discussing patent settlement

1. Editor in Chief
    Member #
    Liked
    2056 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Premium Member

Apple and Samsung's 'Thermonuclear War' may be over; discussing patent settlement

Steve Jobs once vowed to wage "Thermonuclear War" on Android, but now that he is gone, and clearer heads are prevailing, Apple may be starting to see the futility of their patent wars with Android. A new report indicates that Apple and Samsung may be in negotiations for a patent settlement. It appears that the war of attrition was taking its toll, even with Apple's ridiculous $98 Billion dollar cash reserve. Supposedly, the two companies have already spent nearly $400 Million dollars in legal fees during this fight, and the bulk of that was spent by the Apple camp. These are huge numbers, even with the mighty cash reserves in Apple's pockets. At some point, a wise business-person must look at the bigger picture and analyze whether the ROI (return on investment) for the action is viable.

It is likely that Apple is finally starting to see that there are a lot better things they could be doing with nearly half a billion dollars than throwing it away on legal battles that have a low chance of success. Perhaps this may even be partially due to some stock-holder pressure, although that is pure speculation.

On a separate note, this news could make you wonder about a possible career change. Apparently, patent lawyers make pretty good money...

Source: PhoneArena
    wicked and jroc like this.

3. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    353 times
    Twitter
    JefFullerMyself
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    The only people upset with this are the patent lawyers. They are currently in a group meeting discussing how not to let this happen, haha
    wicked, jroc and gunit34328 like this.
    Anytime someone dares me to walk a mile in their shoes I do it! Because, hey free shoes and I am now a mile away from that person!

Hatred is by far the ugliest trait any human can possess (think about it)
  4. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    164 times
    Phone
    Droid 1, X, RAZR, Rez, Maxx HD
    I hope it really is over soon. I will say I maye learned a little about patents and the law. Might wanna go to law school.
    The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.

MLK, Jr.
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    35 times
    Phone
    MaxxHD & G2
    Love the picture from Dr. Strangelove. Seen that movie a million times. I used to show it in class when I taught because I felt that anyone working on a B-52 or "Buff" should see the movie.

Links