DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Android 4.0.4 is Rolling Out to Select Devices

1. Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    1562 times
    Phone
    Nokia Lumia 928
    Premium Member

Android 4.0.4 is Rolling Out to Select Devices

News broke yesterday that 4.0.4 was pushing to AOSP, and things have been moving fast. Owners of the UMTS/GSM Nexus S, Xoom Wi-Fi, and HSPA+ Galaxy Nexus devices, will be getting a nice little treat starting today. Google has begun pushing the newest version of ICS to those select handsets and tablets. Keep in mind that Verizons Galaxy Nexus is not on that list and Sprints Nexus S is not on that list. Those two particular handsets should be seing the update in the coming weeks according to Google.

We’ve started rolling out Android 4.0.4, Ice Cream Sandwich, to UMTS/GSM Nexus S, Xoom Wi-Fi, and HSPA+ Galaxy Nexus devices, and we'll be rolling it out to more devices in the coming weeks. Some of you will be receiving Ice Cream Sandwich for the first time, while others will be receiving an update to your existing Ice Cream Sandwich experience with stability improvements, better camera performance, smoother screen rotation, improved phone number recognition and more.
    This certainly will not sit well with Verizon Galaxy Nexus owners. Buying the Nexus meant receiving those updates in real time, not weeks or months after, but this is life on Big Reds Network. We will keep on top of this story and bring you the latest on Verizon's update schedule when it becomes available. Verizon Galaxy Nexus owners sound off in the comments. Does this upset you that the LTE Galaxy Nexus is being left out of the current update schedule?

Via: Androidguys
  2. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    808 times
    Phone
    Verizon S4
    Premium Member
    This is a repeat of a post I just did in another thread, but in my mind this just shows that Google/Android will pretty much bend over backwards for the carriers, meanwhile Apple (and even Windows Phone to a certain extent) truly seem to have control over their devices. But this is pretty much what Google/Android wanted the whole time anyway...
    "...life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it."

Guidelines of Conduct
    The only dumb question is the one not asked.
  3. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    178 times
    Phone
    Moto X
    Everytime I see an Ice Cream Sandwich on DF I get hungry for one. They all just look so tempting!
    jntdroid, WoZzY and jroc like this.
    Phone History: Moto Startac > LG VX6000 > Moto e815 > LG Voyager > Moto D R O I D > GALAXY NEXUS > Moto X
    Rockin': Moto X w/ Root!
    Clockin': Nada

Free Wifi Tether w/o Root
  4. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    most of us have been on 4.0.4 for a month or two, thats why a lot of us got a Nexus
    Droid > Droid X > Droid X2 > Galaxy Nexus
  5. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    OG Droid vet / G-Nex fanboy
    LTE = Less Than Excellent.
  6. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    14 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    As long as I am not waiting 3-4 weeks for updates I won't be upset. If it's a lenghty delay then I'm not going to be too thrilled. I want it on my GNex and Transformer Prime.
  7. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    As somebody who purchased a galaxy nexus because I wanted to have the latest and greatest from Google, I am extremely disappointed. I won't be too upset if the delay is a week or so, but if other devices (transformer prime) start getting 4.0.4 before me, then I have to wonder what the point of getting a galaxy nexus was.
  8. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    712 times
    Phone
    D1/DX/DB/Nex/Note2
    Take yer time and get it right Google. Lot's of issues to work through.. PS, I'm not taking the OTA anyway!
  9. The GRD Dev Team
    Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Twitter
    THEGRDDEVTEAM
    Phone
    HTC Evo 3D Virgin Mobile
    DroidForums.net Developer
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tgyberg View Post
    Take yer time and get it right Google. Lot's of issues to work through.. PS, I'm not taking the OTA anyway!

Its not google delaying The update Big Red is ...I figured this would happen wiht Verizon not allowing google to push updates as google sent them out I figured Big red would show its true colors with the galaxy nexus even know most of you have had it for a awhile now it still is not right for verizon to hold off the update Especially for what you pay them per month these are the 2 main reasons I left verizon
    WoZzY
  10. DF News Team
    Member #
    Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
    Liked
    158 times
    Twitter
    DroidNCState
    Phone
    Galaxy Note 3
    Premium Member
    I have been so disappointed with how so the updates are rolling out. I have had 4.0.2 since day one. There has not been any updates since. I thought that it would roll out faster since this is a Google phone. I do not root but know I am tempted to root if we do not get an update in a couple of weeks. I never rooted before and am tired of waiting for the upgrade to come. I am still using 4.0.2. Do I need to up date to 4.0.3 before upgrading to 4.0.4 on my Verizon version of Galaxy Nexus?
    Follow Me On Twitter DroidNCState
    Proverbs 3:5-6 5Trust in the LORD with all your heart And do not lean on your own understanding.6In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He will make your paths straight.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links