DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Recap of Quad-Core phones coming out this year with potential release time-frames

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Twitter
    barski_x
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    I have yet to be impressed with any device with the Tegra 2. I really don't expect much of the Tegra 3 and from what I've seen of it already I'm not impressed.

Its to bad that a company doesn't take the Apple approach, yes APPLE approach. Build 1 main phone, work most the bugs out of it, give it amazing hardware, nice slick design, and make it smooth. Yes i know the iPhone has bugs, but it's nothing compared to Motorola, or HTC devices when they launch. Releasing phones every time something new becomes available isn't helping them. For example the Droid X2, ooooo a Tegra 2 processor. Motorola says slap it in a phone and ship it out. they did, and it's ****. Another is Asus with the first prime.

One of my friends asked me to jailbreak their iPhone 3G, i was honestly shocked at how smooth it was and when i pressed on anything. Everything opened right now, not in 2 seconds, now. I've owned an iPod touch and sold it a year ago, but it was shocking to see how smooth that device was compared to my Moto's running custom roms.

Not an apple fan at all. All in on Android.
  2. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    130 times
    Twitter
    TLB687
    Phone
    Note 3 rockin 4.4.2 Kit Kat
    Quote Originally Posted by barski View Post
    I have yet to be impressed with any device with the Tegra 2. I really don't expect much of the Tegra 3 and from what I've seen of it already I'm not impressed.

Its to bad that a company doesn't take the Apple approach, yes APPLE approach. Build 1 main phone, work most the bugs out of it, give it amazing hardware, nice slick design, and make it smooth. Yes i know the iPhone has bugs, but it's nothing compared to Motorola, or HTC devices when they launch. Releasing phones every time something new becomes available isn't helping them. For example the Droid X2, ooooo a Tegra 2 processor. Motorola says slap it in a phone and ship it out. they did, and it's ****. Another is Asus with the first prime.

One of my friends asked me to jailbreak their iPhone 3G, i was honestly shocked at how smooth it was and when i pressed on anything. Everything opened right now, not in 2 seconds, now. I've owned an iPod touch and sold it a year ago, but it was shocking to see how smooth that device was compared to my Moto's running custom roms.

Not an apple fan at all. All in on Android.
    Very well said sir.I too had an Apple 4s,and was truly inpressed how smooth it is,even when running all the apps I have rite now on my Nexus.We can all agree, that Appple has done some shady stuff,but when it come to their hardware and softwear,its one of or the best in the biz.
    "I'll stop buying smartphones when they make One smarter than me."Where's the stylus pen on the new One?
  3. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    64 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    What exactly is so great about iPhone hardware? Cause I hear it a lot that they have amazing hardware but unless I have the wrong definition of hardware then I just don't see it at all.

Also every friend I have that jail breaks their iPhone has problems. Jail broken iPhones are only good for one thing...free apps. As far as stability goes they suck!

Android is the opposite. Hacking makes it far better. So the iPhone becoming smoother after hacking it is in your head not a real thing because I'm pretty sure hacking your iPhone is not done for performance enhancements. Just for cydia and instalous and whatever else they use for free apps
  4. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Quote Originally Posted by tjk629 View Post
    You can never have too many cores!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums
    More cores == bigger battery,appropriate os,appropriate apps, and overall more expense.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums
  5. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Thunderbolt
    More importantly, which of these phones, if any, is verizon going to get?
  6. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by alboboy10 View Post
    What exactly is so great about iPhone hardware? Cause I hear it a lot that they have amazing hardware but unless I have the wrong definition of hardware then I just don't see it at all.
    The 4s has one of the best mobile gpus out there. The new iPad has the most powerful hardware of any mobile device out. Their OS may be primitive and stale, but you can't say their hardware is underpowered.
    jroc likes this.
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Twitter
    barski_x
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by alboboy10 View Post

Also every friend I have that jail breaks their iPhone has problems. Jail broken iPhones are only good for one thing...free apps. As far as stability goes they suck!

Android is the opposite. Hacking makes it far better. So the iPhone becoming smoother after hacking it is in your head not a real thing because I'm pretty sure hacking your iPhone is not done for performance enhancements. Just for cydia and instalous and whatever else they use for free apps
    When an iPhone is released the spec's on it are right up there with all the others. But the biggest plus they have going for them is programming iOS to work next to perfect with the hardware they choose. So in essence, iPhone doesn't even need to have the best spec's. They know how to take full advantage of what they have and it in end makes everything work better than the latest and "greatest" spec'd phones.

On the iPhone i jailbroke, it was smooth as butter stock. I didn't do anything after jailbreaking, just jailbroke and gave it to him. As an IT pro i get this stuff, rooting a stock phone isn't going to make anything different. Same as jailbreaking. Its all what you can do with it after being rooted and jailbroke. As for the free apps after jailbreaking, it's pretty rare to see one of those paid apps we get for free crash. ik people with jailbroke ipod touchs, ipads, iphone's and they don't experience crashing problems. From what i've could tell it is the same exact app from app store placed on a file server.

Don't mean to start a war, but its obvious why iOS is doing so well.
    jroc likes this.
  8. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Razr Maxx /Galaxy S III

Wink more battery juice

More battery life sucked up.
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nex΅s
    I really can't choose between an iPhone or Gnex. Iphones are so smooth and I love that. As for android can be laggy at times and it pisses me off. Maybe just cause I have D1. Not sure how the high-end android devices work and feel.

Sent from my CushZero using Tapatalk
    Samsung Galaxy SIII - TW 4.1.2 VRBMF1
    Running JellyBeans Builds
    • Just Smooth...
    LeanKernel 3.0 EXP
    • Incredibly Awesome •
    ———————————Direct Injected——————————

10. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    64 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by thesandman00 View Post
    The 4s has one of the best mobile gpus out there. The new iPad has the most powerful hardware of any mobile device out. Their OS may be primitive and stale, but you can't say their hardware is underpowered.
    So gpu only? Its a glass phone with dropping call issues and even the GPS on it isn't that great. Every physical component of that device isn't that great. I'm not saying its a bad device, it's a great device BUT the hardware being great argument is getting old and tbh its pretty exaggerated
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links