DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: 4G LTE Coverage Comparison Maps Between Verizon and AT&T

1. Editor in Chief
    Member #
    Liked
    2079 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Premium Member

4G LTE Coverage Comparison Maps Between Verizon and AT&T

4G LTE Coverage Comparison

If you are trying to compare 4G coverage between Verizon and AT&T, then these maps might come in handy. As you can see from the map above Verizon, unsurprisingly, has a vast and dominating position of LTE service over AT&T. However, if you compare AT&T's 4G HSPA+ to Verizon's 4G LTE, (using the map below) then AT&T has a larger coverage. Of course, even T-Mobile, Sprint and AT&T themselves are eventually moving to LTE, because HSPA+ is really more like 3.5G, rather than full 4G. It's still interesting to see the range of coverage in a graphical representation.

4G HSPA+ Coverage Comparison

Regardless of the speed of their respective roll-outs, it certainly seems like there is a lot more of the country left to cover. How many of you guys live in any of the gigantic "no 4G" areas?

Source: PhoneArena
  2. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    25 times
    Twitter
    Rayzer53
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    " How many of you guys live in any of the gigantic "no 4G" areas?"

Here (hand raised)! I am on Verizon and we only have Boise with 4G. I travel occasionally for work and have used my GN on 4G and have been very happy with it. I was in a corporate store in town last week for my wife's phone and asked (again) if there was any progress report for our area getting 4G. The tech who worked on the phone said they had five sites in and started testing. Man, I hope they get them turned on soon - I like the speed
  3. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    15 times
    Phone
    3 original Droids
    Premium Member
    I'm in Wisconsin just about 10 miles north of the LTE coverage, and that might be even more frustrating, knowing they probably stopped just a few towers short of getting this are covered.
  4. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    I live between 2 cities that has 4g and it is probably about 20 miles North and south of me but not here. So if either Birmingham or Montgomery expands coverage I might get in.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums
  5. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    19 times
    Phone
    GALAXY NEXUS
    I live on the coast of MS. Basically Gulfport (for those who know about the MS Coast)

Verizon customer

Let's see....

New Orleans has LTE, and it goes all the way into half of Slidell, LA. So I'm off by about 50 miles that way
    Mobile has LTE, and it goes all the way into about Theodore, AL, so I'm about 50 miles off that way!

Now, MS Coast = about 200k residents being bypassed

ALSO, Hattiesburg (USM) & Jackson (State capital/biggest city) doesn't have it. Yet....Columbus, MS has it (Ole Miss/MSU are near Columbus if ya don't know....)

So I'm shaking my head at Verizon. Doesn't make sense! Yet, I remember how just a few years ago Verizon = ROAMING in almost of ALL of MS! They really just put their 3G put (I think they made an agreement w/Cellular South)
  6. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    111 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    Quote Originally Posted by blacksoxing View Post
    I live on the coast of MS. Basically Gulfport (for those who know about the MS Coast)

Verizon customer

Let's see....

New Orleans has LTE, and it goes all the way into half of Slidell, LA. So I'm off by about 50 miles that way
    Mobile has LTE, and it goes all the way into about Theodore, AL, so I'm about 50 miles off that way!

Now, MS Coast = about 200k residents being bypassed

ALSO, Hattiesburg (USM) & Jackson (State capital/biggest city) doesn't have it. Yet....Columbus, MS has it (Ole Miss/MSU are near Columbus if ya don't know....)

So I'm shaking my head at Verizon. Doesn't make sense! Yet, I remember how just a few years ago Verizon = ROAMING in almost of ALL of MS! They really just put their 3G put (I think they made an agreement w/Cellular South)
    I feel your pain. 18 miles north of me has 4G and 18 miles south of me has 4G. What gives? Yet, the town to the north of me is only 2K people and my town is 12K people and is the largest town in our county.
  7. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    400 times
    Phone
    HTC One M8
    I'm in central CA and my wife's TBolt has 4G coverage, but it sucks. Its fastest I've seen is 5mb but rarely does it get there. Upload also seems pretty bad. It loves to hand and has a huge latency. I laugh when my 3G DroidX is faster on the network than her TBolt is when it has 4G coverage.
    -------------------------------
    HTC One M8
    -------------------------------
  8. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    RAZR MAXX

No 4G here

I am in between the dots in Ohio but still bought a 4G phone. Was on the road this weekend through a few 4G areas and was actually surprised at how far outside the metro areas the 4G reaches. I can only hope it will get to my area before my phone is outdated.
  9. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    99 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus LTE
    im like 20-30 miles from an LTE city (youngstown), no lte here though (must be a small coverage area) One verizon rep I talked to said it would be expanded to where i live next month, another said we'd have it by june...so hopefully i see it soon (especially since i'll be getting my gnex in a few weeks)
    My cMetal 11.0 rom for the verizon galaxy nexus

Phone- The GALAXY NEXUS LTE a​ll the
    Rom- My own cMetal 11.0 rom (linaro enhanced cm-11.0)
    Kernel- ASKP or my modified mpokang v10 superram kernel
    previous phone the trusty ol' droid 1
  10. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Verizon Galaxy Nexus
    I live in Marion, Ohio..some of ther outer edges towards the south have an awesome 4G signal (I am not sure where the tower would be located; I don't think Delaware has 4G) I live in the northern part of the county and about 15 minutes North is also 4G in Upper Sandusky (Wyandot County). I am just surprised the majority of Marion does not have 4G since Upper Sandusky has a much smaller population than Marion; Marion has about 40,000 more people according to the 2010 census.

It seems to be all around me!!
    Last edited by CJLee89; 03-19-2012 at 03:11 PM.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Links