DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Verizon launching its 200th LTE market on March 15th

1. Editor in Chief
    Member #
    Liked
    2037 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Premium Member

Verizon launching its 200th LTE market on March 15th

Verizon just issued a press release sharing they will be bringing their 4G LTE access to several new markets on March 15th. This will bring their total 4G LTE market penetration number to 200 markets. Here is a quick list of new areas followed by their full press release below:
    • Dothan and Enterprise, Ala.
    • Naples, Fla.
    • Greenville, N.C.
    • Altus and Durant, Okla.
    • Longview/Marshall, Texas

Expanded 4G LTE network in:
    • Washington, D.C.
    • Elkhart, Ind.
    • Baltimore, Md.
    • Columbus, Miss.
    • Northern N.J.
    • Wilmington, N.C.
    • Duncan, Okla.
    • Allentown/Bethlehem, Harrisburg, Philadelphia and Scranton/Wilkes Barre, Pa.
    • Hilton Head, S.C.
    • Cleveland, Tenn.
    • Dallas/Fort Worth, Texas
    • Kenosha, Madison and Milwaukee, Wis.

VERIZON TO LAUNCH ITS 200TH 4G LTE MARKET ON MARCH 15

Company Plans to Double 4G LTE Markets by End of 2012; Offers the Widest Array of Popular 4G LTE Devices, Including Tablets and Smartphones

BASKING RIDGE, N.J. – Verizon Wireless, owner of the nation’s fastest 4G network, today announced its 4G Long Term Evolution (LTE) network will cover 203 markets on March 15 when it launches service in seven new markets and expands in 17 markets across the United States. Following the launches on March 15, including the 200th market in Dothan, Ala., customers on the nation’s largest 4G LTE network can take advantage of the speed and connectivity with more than 20 4G LTE devices, including tablets and smartphones.

Verizon Wireless plans to more than double the number of its 4G LTE markets, bringing the total markets to more than 400, by the end of the year. With the additional new markets and continued expansions, the company’s 4G LTE network will cover more than 260 million people in the United States by the end of 2012.

“Our plans to double our 4G LTE network coverage from the end of 2011 to the end of 2012 align with the aggressive and rapid deployment strategy we have taken with our 4G LTE network,” said David Small, chief technical officer of Verizon Wireless. “Our commitment to expanding and enhancing our 4G LTE network is enabling more customers across the country to enjoy the benefits of the most popular wireless devices. We will continue investing in our 4G LTE network and working with key partners to ensure our customers have access to the best products and services available.”

On Thursday, March 15, the company will introduce its 4G LTE network in Dothan and Enterprise, Ala.; Naples, Fla.; Greenville, N.C.; Altus and Durant, Okla.; and Longview/Marshall, Texas. The company will also expand its 4G LTE network in Washington, D.C.; Elkhart, Ind.; Baltimore, Md.; Columbus, Miss.; Northern N.J.; Wilmington, N.C.; Duncan, Okla.; Allentown/Bethlehem, Harrisburg, Philadelphia and Scranton/Wilkes Barre, Pa.; Hilton Head, S.C.; Cleveland, Tenn.; Dallas/Fort Worth, Texas; and Kenosha, Madison and Milwaukee, Wis.

4G LTE Speed

In real-world, fully loaded network environments, 4G LTE users should experience average data rates of 5 to 12 megabits per second (Mbps) on the downlink and 2 to 5 Mbps on the uplink. When customers travel outside of 4G LTE coverage areas, devices automatically connect to Verizon Wireless’ 3G network, enabling customers to stay connected from coast to coast. Verizon Wireless’ 3G network is the most reliable high-speed data network in the country and allows customers in 3G coverage areas who purchase 4G LTE devices today to take advantage of 4G LTE speeds when the faster network becomes available in their area or when they travel to areas already covered by 4G LTE.

4G LTE Markets

On March 15, Verizon Wireless’ 4G LTE network will be available in 203 markets. Visit www.verizonwireless.com/lte for a full list of 4G LTE markets and additional information about Verizon Wireless’ 4G LTE network.

About Verizon Wireless

Verizon Wireless operates the nation’s largest 4G LTE network and largest, most reliable 3G network. The company serves nearly 108 million total wireless connections, including 92.2 million retail customers. Headquartered in Basking Ridge, N.J., with nearly 82,000 employees nationwide, Verizon Wireless is a joint venture of Verizon Communications (NYSE, NASDAQ: VZ) and Vodafone (LSE, NASDAQ: VOD). For more information, visit Cell Phones - Smartphones: Cell Phone Service, Accessories - Verizon Wireless. To preview and request broadcast-quality video footage and high-resolution stills of Verizon Wireless operations, log on to the Verizon Wireless Multimedia Library at www.verizonwireless.com/multimedia.

3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    15 times
    Phone
    Kiss those 20 mb downloads good bye by next year =[

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    60 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    I don't get it; there already is 4G coverage in Dallas\FTW. Suppose they just mean they're filling in more of the small holes. I get crappy coverage in my apartment, and have a slightly uncovered area outside my apartment complex according to Verizon's 4G coverage map, but I just figure it's the poor reception when traveling through the walls. Suppose we'll find out in within the next week or so...
  5. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    droid x
    Quote Originally Posted by droidbionicmaster View Post

Well I don't think so? After all they only have 5 percent of their users on 4G and they do not have a plan like att to limit you to 4 gigs.

6. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    How about long island . Mire people here than most of these markets

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk
  7. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    69 times
    Twitter
    geoff5093
    Phone
    Galaxy Note II
    It's not listed, but Concord, NH has had 4G for the past several weeks.
  8. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    198 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    Quote Originally Posted by droidbionicmaster View Post

I don't know about others here, but I've noticed my speeds get better over time. Spots where I would get like 10mbps now get 30+.
  9. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    15 times
    Phone
    OG Droid Ret. Galaxy Nexus
    It's nice to hear, but two weeks ago my little town in Northeast Ohio started getting 4g, and were not even on the list.... Hope they don't turn it off...
    Don't try to run, you'll only die tired...

Samsung Galaxy Nexus - Finally!
    Rooted, Unlocked, and READY TO ROCK!
    ROM - AOKP Milestone 6
    Kernel - Lean Kernel
    Theme - Cobalt

Rooted Droid Original using the smooth way to go:
    http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dro...s-version.html

Try DropBox - sync files on any Android Phone - to any computer with Internet Access!
    http://db.tt/8tFXvhz
  10. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    Sexy Nexy
    does any one know where you can get a better view of this map, because its hard to see what the key at the bottom says
  11. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Twitter
    gdunn101
    Phone
    Droid Razr Maxx
    Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links