DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: New [RECOVERY] Touch Recovery Droid bionic

1. DF News Team
    Member #
    Liked
    583 times
    Twitter
    @DroidModderX
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus!!!!
    Premium Member

New [RECOVERY] Touch Recovery Droid bionic

New [RECOVERY] Touch Recovery Droid bionic-cwm-touch2.jpg

Touch Recovery has been all the rage lately beginning with the Team Win Recovery Project followed shortly be the release of the Touch Recovery by Unstableapps for the Galaxy Nexus which made a once clunky and very difficult to use clockworkmod recovery actually usable. Pretty soon Koush picked up on the need or want for the Touch based clockworkmod recovery and released an official version of his own. Now thanks to developer "Dhacker" we now have Touch based clockworkmod recovery on the Droid bionic! The new touch bootstrap is super easy to use you just drag up and down to scroll and the menu options become buttons. This is much easier than clicking through list with the volume rockers.

In this version you will not be able to use any physical buttons or even the capacitive buttons as it will cause the clockwork to freeze up and will require a battery pull. It should also be noted that this works perfectly if you are running stock gingerbread or a gingerbread rom. I installed this on Axiom AOKP which is an ICS rom. I was able to get into clockworkmod recovery but the touch functions didn't work and when I rebooted the phone i ended up in a bootloop which i was able to get out of thanks to the handy fastboot files. I then installed it on a fresh install of gingerbread and it worked perfectly. If you are brave enough to try this on an ICS rom just be sure to have the fastboot files ready. This should all be ironed out in later builds.

Via DroidHive

Last edited by DroidModderX; 03-13-2012 at 12:07 PM.
    My Phone: Galaxy Note 3 .. My Backup Device: Galaxy S4, My Backup Backup Device: Motorola Razr HD Dev Edition, My wife has taken over the old trusty Moto X

Follow Me On Twitter @DroidModderX
    for all the latest DROID News!

DroidForums News Team. If you have a Mod or Rom or Theme or App or Game or Anything Root Related PM me!

Links