DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 76
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: Battle For CPU Supremacy: NVIDIA Calls Out Apple on Speed Claims of A5X vs. Tegra 3

  1. Droid Sensei
    tjk629's Avatar
    Member #
    24029
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    3,046
    Liked
    198 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    #61
    I'm not that surprised.

    Doesn't the new dual core SnapDragon out perform Tegra3?
  2. Super Moderator
    jntdroid's Avatar
    Member #
    6110
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    TX
    Posts
    6,438
    Liked
    808 times
    Phone
    Verizon S4
    Premium Member
    #62
    I can't wait to see the new Thundercat 5000 processor from HP (WebOS resurrection attempt)...



    ---
    Rezounded! whatever that means...
    "...life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it."

    Guidelines of Conduct
    The only dumb question is the one not asked.
  3. Droid Sensei
    OneTenderRebel's Avatar
    Member #
    53261
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Hampton Falls, NH
    Posts
    3,334
    Liked
    353 times
    Twitter
    JefFullerMyself
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    #63
    Quote Originally Posted by doublea500 View Post
    Does not matter if ipad gpu is slower or faster then nvidia. why?- the majority of apple users dont even know what a gpu is, and when was the last apple nvidia fan fan you encountered? im sure even the reporters had no idea, what tablets even include the nvidia driver. Though i cant say much about the android tablets, and i love android and hate apple with all my heart , i think the ipad controls on this race. Android tablet software cannot match the ipad software.
    So what you're saying is that you're smarter than everyone who owns an iOS product because you choose Android? I have nothing else to say.....
    Anytime someone dares me to walk a mile in their shoes I do it! Because, hey free shoes and I am now a mile away from that person!

    Hatred is by far the ugliest trait any human can possess (think about it)
  4. Droid Sensei
    jroc's Avatar
    Member #
    56815
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Washington DC
    Posts
    3,855
    Liked
    164 times
    Phone
    Droid 1, X, RAZR, Rez, Maxx HD
    #64
    Well since we are on the subject of Apple vs Android...my kids mother and a friend at work just got iPhone 4's...kids mother has the 4...friend has the 4S. Friend says the screen is too small coming from an EVO. She says she like how big the Epic 4G Touch is. Kids mother said its too slippery.

    So far....I like how the apps are on the iPhone. I just signed up for E Trade recently...and I like the app better on the iPhone. The Speed test app I like better on the iPhone. I dont want an iPhone...yet...lol, but I see why ppl like it. I'm going to try to talk my kids mother into keeping it. She has a family plan on Sprint and see doesnt like her Nexus S. And the camera on the iPhone 4 is very nice: front and back camera.
    The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.

    MLK, Jr.
  5. Droid Sensei
    OneTenderRebel's Avatar
    Member #
    53261
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Hampton Falls, NH
    Posts
    3,334
    Liked
    353 times
    Twitter
    JefFullerMyself
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    #65
    Quote Originally Posted by jroc View Post
    Well since we are on the subject of Apple vs Android...my kids mother and a friend at work just got iPhone 4's...kids mother has the 4...friend has the 4S. Friend says the screen is too small coming from an EVO. She says she like how big the Epic 4G Touch is. Kids mother said its too slippery.

    So far....I like how the apps are on the iPhone. I just signed up for E Trade recently...and I like the app better on the iPhone. The Speed test app I like better on the iPhone. I dont want an iPhone...yet...lol, but I see why ppl like it. I'm going to try to talk my kids mother into keeping it. She has a family plan on Sprint and see doesnt like her Nexus S. And the camera on the iPhone 4 is very nice: front and back camera.
    We have 2 iPhones a 4s and a 4 in my house and an iPad, all of them are extremely nice but now that I am accustomed to Android I just can't see myself owning an iOS device but I definitely know why people are buying iOS products like there is no tomorrow. Yes it's the big bad hype machine from Apple but they also make a great product. Just because it doesn't do what some of us here in forums want it to do doesn't make it any less great. People just need to take off their rose colored shades and appreciate the technology we have available to us.
    jroc likes this.
    Anytime someone dares me to walk a mile in their shoes I do it! Because, hey free shoes and I am now a mile away from that person!

    Hatred is by far the ugliest trait any human can possess (think about it)
  6. Super Moderator
    jntdroid's Avatar
    Member #
    6110
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    TX
    Posts
    6,438
    Liked
    808 times
    Phone
    Verizon S4
    Premium Member
    #66
    Quote Originally Posted by jroc View Post
    Well since we are on the subject of Apple vs Android...my kids mother and a friend at work just got iPhone 4's...kids mother has the 4...friend has the 4S. Friend says the screen is too small coming from an EVO. She says she like how big the Epic 4G Touch is. Kids mother said its too slippery.

    So far....I like how the apps are on the iPhone. I just signed up for E Trade recently...and I like the app better on the iPhone. The Speed test app I like better on the iPhone. I dont want an iPhone...yet...lol, but I see why ppl like it. I'm going to try to talk my kids mother into keeping it. She has a family plan on Sprint and see doesnt like her Nexus S. And the camera on the iPhone 4 is very nice: front and back camera.
    Yeah it seems, in general, apps have a more solid/streamlined feel to them on the iPhone. I'm not saying better, just streamlined. That's not a blanket statement covering all apps, mind you.

    It's interesting b/c a lot of people always say "my Android has been doing that for 6 months" (or a year or whatever). But Apple tends to make things easier. Facetime is a great example - yes there are tons of video chat apps, but Facetime is integrated with the system and with your contacts just like the phone is - very easy to get to and intuitive... fewer clicks, etc. Yes, you can make Android do that in a similar fashion by button assignments or shortcuts or whatever, but you have to make Android do that, which some people don't like to mess with.
    jroc likes this.
    "...life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it."

    Guidelines of Conduct
    The only dumb question is the one not asked.
  7. Super Moderator
    jntdroid's Avatar
    Member #
    6110
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    TX
    Posts
    6,438
    Liked
    808 times
    Phone
    Verizon S4
    Premium Member
    #67
    Quote Originally Posted by OneTenderRebel View Post
    ...appreciate the technology we have available to us.
    amen!
    jroc likes this.
    "...life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it."

    Guidelines of Conduct
    The only dumb question is the one not asked.
  8. Senior Droid
    DroidMastar2's Avatar
    Member #
    16622
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    JERSEY
    Posts
    172
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Moto Droid/iPhone 4
    #68
    Quote Originally Posted by SquireSCA View Post
    I am always skeptical of Apple's claims, as in the past they have outright lied in the PC market, to the extent that some countries made them pull their ads for "false advertising"...

    They used to claim that they had the fastest PC on earth. But only if you ran specially optimized code and compilers on the Apple computer and ran outdated non-optimized code on the PC, and it was always in some very obscure application that almost nobody even used...

    But hey, lets be honest... owning an Apple product has NEVER been about performance. It's about owning an Apple product and making sure that everyone knows that you have an Apple product...
    Im in no way an apple advocate... but one thing that apple does... is produce competitive hardware. And i don't know where you get your info from... but Apple sales pitch is ALWAYS about performance.
    I don't know where I would be without my Sexy DROID along side my Sexy IPhone 4, and my Sexy Atrix...
  9. Droid Ninja
    SquireSCA's Avatar
    Member #
    160016
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    1,197
    Liked
    89 times
    Phone
    Moto RazR HD
    #69
    Quote Originally Posted by DroidMastar2 View Post
    Im in no way an apple advocate... but one thing that apple does... is produce competitive hardware. And i don't know where you get your info from... but Apple sales pitch is ALWAYS about performance.
    And performance is where they have been caught fiddling with the numbers...
  10. Senior Droid
    DroidMastar2's Avatar
    Member #
    16622
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    JERSEY
    Posts
    172
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Moto Droid/iPhone 4
    #70
    Quote Originally Posted by jntdroid View Post
    Yeah it seems, in general, apps have a more solid/streamlined feel to them on the iPhone. I'm not saying better, just streamlined. That's not a blanket statement covering all apps, mind you.

    It's interesting b/c a lot of people always say "my Android has been doing that for 6 months" (or a year or whatever). But Apple tends to make things easier. Facetime is a great example - yes there are tons of video chat apps, but Facetime is integrated with the system and with your contacts just like the phone is - very easy to get to and intuitive... fewer clicks, etc. Yes, you can make Android do that in a similar fashion by button assignments or shortcuts or whatever, but you have to make Android do that, which some people don't like to mess with.
    One thing that will ensure apple's hardware will excel beyond Android's is the software that is created specifically for one set of hardware. Meaning they can come out with performance hardware that has software built for it and around it.
    I don't know where I would be without my Sexy DROID along side my Sexy IPhone 4, and my Sexy Atrix...
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-28-2012, 10:35 AM
  2. Nvidia Tegra Zone
    By the3dolla in forum Motorola Droid X2
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 05-31-2011, 07:36 PM
  3. NVIDIA Tegra Zone
    By tp7six in forum Motorola Xoom
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-01-2011, 12:30 PM
  4. Replies: 24
    Last Post: 02-25-2011, 03:10 PM
  5. Gamers: Nvidia's Tegra 2 and Tegra Zone will delight you.
    By cereal killer in forum Android News
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-07-2011, 09:19 PM

Search tags for this page

a5 vs a5x

,
a5 vs a5x processor
,
a5x chip speed
,

a5x speed

,

a5x vs a5

,
a5x vs tegra 3
,
a5x vs tegra3
,
apple a5x speed
,
tegra 3 vs a5
,
tegra 3 vs a5x
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.
Find us on Google+