DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: Battle For CPU Supremacy: NVIDIA Calls Out Apple on Speed Claims of A5X vs. Tegra 3

1. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    89 times
    Phone
    Moto RazR HD
    Quote Originally Posted by czerdrill View Post
    Lol there it is. The "Apple must have paid them" argument. The go to argument when all else fails. I coulda sworn I said that before as the usual (and predictable) response from people like you. Oh yeah, I did...in my first post in this thread...
    Yes, people like me that did drink the kool-aid and then saw the light and found something better.

At least I don't need to sit in a forum and use the search button to find some insult against Apple for me to charge in and defend like it was my daughter's virtue. haha
  2. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    103 times
    Phone
    OG Droid UD 3.0 -- GB :)
    Quote Originally Posted by SquireSCA View Post
    Yes, people like me that did drink the kool-aid and then saw the light and found something better.

At least I don't need to sit in a forum and use the search button to find some insult against Apple for me to charge in and defend like it was my daughter's virtue. haha
    haha indeed (at you, not with you).
    Google Interview Q&A

Apple CEO, Verizon COO
  3. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    808 times
    Phone
    Verizon S4
    Premium Member
    It's a phone.
    czerdrill likes this.
    "...life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it."

Guidelines of Conduct
    The only dumb question is the one not asked.
  4. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    103 times
    Phone
    Quote Originally Posted by jntdroid View Post
    It's a phone.
    That's what I thought it was too...didn't realize it was a battle between good and evil! haha
    Last edited by czerdrill; 03-08-2012 at 12:32 PM.
    Google Interview Q&A

Apple CEO, Verizon COO
  5. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    89 times
    Phone
    Moto RazR HD
    Quote Originally Posted by czerdrill View Post
    haha indeed (at you, not with you).
    According to your link, Android users are less cultured, less successful, less educated, etc... Apple is the phone of the elite and Academia and women.

So why are you even here with us knuckle-draggers?

Apple has always catered to a certain crowd. And we all know exactly who those people are, and why they usually gravitate towards Apple. It's no different than seeing what crowd Harley Davidson appeals to, and why.

People can purchase status by purchasing certain brands. HD and Apple are probably the two most successful at selling this way, of any brands that I can think of. And in both cases, their products are clearly beaten in value, function, performance, etc... by the competition... and in both cases, that market doesn't care, they will pay top dollar for a Harley that is still using 1970's technology and handles like a river barge because they want the NAME. The Name imparts status, makes them a badass, a "real biker" even if all they do is ride their chromed out bucket of bolts to the local bar to strut around and pose with the other "bikers"... Half of them can't even ride for crap, but they all proclaim their "independence and individuality" by wearing the exact same bandanna and black and orange tshirt... LOL

Harley spent decades building up a marketing engine around selling you not a bike, but an image, status. And people buy into it in droves.

Apple is the only other company that I have seen in my almost 40 years on this planet, that plays that game as well as Harley.
  6. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    808 times
    Phone
    Verizon S4
    Premium Member
    And in both cases, their products are clearly beaten in value, function, performance, etc... by the competition... and in both cases, that market doesn't care
    Can't speak for Harley, but I think that is debatable on the iphone vs. android argument. Android might be able to "do" more, but it's also buggier in general. Some people want things to just work with zero issues and to be easy as pie to figure out. That's what you pay for with the iPhone. (Yes I realize it's not that perfect, but again, in general it's a less buggy, smoother experience than Android)

My wife is the perfect example. She's never owned an iPhone, and loves Android, got used to Android over the past couple of years. She now has a 4S, and within 2 hours she was touting how easy it was to get around and how simply it just worked. This is coming from a female who was an Android fan - not some overly biased diehard Apple user. Edit: I'll also add to this that it was almost 3 months before she stopped asking me "how do I..." in Android. Since the 4S, haven't had a single question. General smartphone familiarity plays a part in that, but it's worth mentioning.

There will always be users of big name brands that buy the brand as some sort of philosophical (or trend influenced) stance in life. That applies to Apple, Android, Microsoft, Toyota, Ford, Chevy, Harley, Triumph, etc. That shouldn't negate the underlying product's benefits, and why the practical users might or might not buy said product.
    Last edited by jntdroid; 03-08-2012 at 12:44 PM.
    akhenax likes this.

Guidelines of Conduct
  7. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    103 times
    Phone
    According to your link, Android users are less cultured, less successful, less educated, etc... Apple is the phone of the elite and Academia and women.

So why are you even here with us knuckle-draggers?

Apple has always catered to a certain crowd. And we all know exactly who those people are, and why they usually gravitate towards Apple. It's no different than seeing what crowd Harley Davidson appeals to, and why.

People can purchase status by purchasing certain brands. HD and Apple are probably the two most successful at selling this way, of any brands that I can think of. And in both cases, their products are clearly beaten in value, function, performance, etc... by the competition... and in both cases, that market doesn't care, they will pay top dollar for a Harley that is still using 1970's technology and handles like a river barge because they want the NAME. The Name imparts status, makes them a badass, a "real biker" even if all they do is ride their chromed out bucket of bolts to the local bar to strut around and pose with the other "bikers"... Half of them can't even ride for crap, but they all proclaim their "independence and individuality" by wearing the exact same bandanna and black and orange tshirt... LOL

Harley spent decades building up a marketing engine around selling you not a bike, but an image, status. And people buy into it in droves.

Apple is the only other company that I have seen in my almost 40 years on this planet, that plays that game as well as Harley.
    I never said any of that. I simply posted a link that disputed what you said...without a link.

According to you, Apple users are little kids who want to be cool, and Android users aren't. How exactly is your anecdotal, biased "evidence" (and i use that term loosely) any better then what i linked to?

If i say Android users are all nerds with no social life and provided zero evidence of such, would you agree with me? Or would you say something silly like I'm the "resident forum apple champion"? I already know the answer to that question, btw...
    Google Interview Q&A

Apple CEO, Verizon COO
  8. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    353 times
    Twitter
    JefFullerMyself
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    If all Apple consumers are dumb hipsters, all Android users are giant nerds still living in their parents basement playing Dungeons and Dragons or whatever roll playing game is popular right now. That right there has as much validation as the claims about Apple consumers.
    Anytime someone dares me to walk a mile in their shoes I do it! Because, hey free shoes and I am now a mile away from that person!

Hatred is by far the ugliest trait any human can possess (think about it)
  9. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    103 times
    Phone
    Quote Originally Posted by OneTenderRebel View Post
    If all Apple consumers are dumb hipsters, all Android users are giant nerds still living in their parents basement playing Dungeons and Dragons or whatever roll playing game is popular right now. That right there has as much validation as the claims about Apple consumers.
    haha...exactly what i just said...throwing out these biased statements and hoping for someone to give you a high five doesn't make it true...
    Google Interview Q&A

Apple CEO, Verizon COO
  10. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    808 times
    Phone
    Verizon S4
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OneTenderRebel View Post
    I knew someone was missing from this discussion!
    OneTenderRebel likes this.

Guidelines of Conduct
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Links