DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 76
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: Battle For CPU Supremacy: NVIDIA Calls Out Apple on Speed Claims of A5X vs. Tegra 3

  1. Droid Sensei
    czerdrill's Avatar
    Member #
    22335
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    4,850
    Liked
    103 times
    Phone
    OG Droid UD 3.0 -- GB :)
    #21
    Quote Originally Posted by VirtualCLD View Post
    I'm not saying that Apple is known to lie, in fact the article I linked to 1) is not definitive proof they lied and 2) is claiming they MAY have gamed the system to have an advantage, but not lied per se. Plus, one instance 9 years ago is hardly proof they're doing the same now nor do I even suspect they are.
    The thing that gets me is, from an engineering perspective, I want to see the data or how the test or experiment was performed so it can be independently verifiable through peer review. This was a product launch, not a white paper, so I'm not expecting that level of detail from any company.
    Yeah of course. At a product launch, you want to catch the audience with your marketing and buzzwords. They can say whatever they want, but at the same time they won't do something so egregious as to just flat out lie with zero backing, because that would make them look foolish when people actually do the benchmarks (which anandtech will do).

    That's why I'd tend to believe anandtech over anything apple and android OEMs say because anandtech is probably the least biased site out there as far as things like this (the verge is another one i like to read). And anandtech has shown that a5 blows tegra3 out of the water. no reason to not think a5x will do the same.
    Google Interview Q&A

    Apple CEO, Verizon COO
  2. Droid Ninja
    akhenax's Avatar
    Member #
    87512
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    1,030
    Liked
    178 times
    Phone
    Moto X
    #22
    The A5X specs make me excited about three things:
    1. Seeing a first person shooter taking advantage of those specs.
    2. Knowing that Android devices have a new bar to shoot towards, and
    3. I have something to look forward to in a new Android device.
    czerdrill likes this.
    Phone History: Moto Startac > LG VX6000 > Moto e815 > LG Voyager > Moto D R O I D > GALAXY NEXUS > Moto X
    Rockin': Moto X w/ Root!
    Clockin': Nada

    Free Wifi Tether w/o Root
  3. Developer
    garrett's Avatar
    Member #
    180
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    In a van by the River......
    Posts
    2,019
    Liked
    15 times
    Phone
    Johns Phone
    DroidForums.net Developer
    DroidForums.net Theme Developer
    #23
    Quote Originally Posted by SquireSCA View Post
    But hey, lets be honest... owning an Apple product has NEVER been about performance. It's about owning an Apple product and making sure that everyone knows that you have an Apple product...
    You have to be kidding on this comment. Those of us that are grown adults use apple products because the performance, reliability, and build quality cant be matched by any other manufacturer out there. Im sure there are some that buy an apple product just because its a name and that happens with any brand.
    czerdrill likes this.
  4. Super Moderator
    jntdroid's Avatar
    Member #
    6110
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    TX
    Posts
    6,438
    Liked
    808 times
    Phone
    Verizon S4
    Premium Member
    #24
    Quote Originally Posted by garrett View Post
    You have to be kidding on this comment. Those of us that are grown adults use apple products because the performance, reliability, and build quality cant be matched by any other manufacturer out there. Im sure there are some that buy an apple product just because its a name and that happens with any brand.
    You obviously missed the commercials where the Razr slices through lamp posts.

    "...life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it."

    Guidelines of Conduct
    The only dumb question is the one not asked.
  5. Droid Ninja
    SquireSCA's Avatar
    Member #
    160016
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    1,198
    Liked
    89 times
    Phone
    Moto RazR HD
    #25
    Quote Originally Posted by garrett View Post
    You have to be kidding on this comment. Those of us that are grown adults use apple products because the performance, reliability, and build quality cant be matched by any other manufacturer out there. Im sure there are some that buy an apple product just because its a name and that happens with any brand.
    Except that you are not the norm. 15 year old girls and college kids that are more interested in the brand name because it is hip, and are willing to put up with a tiny screen, last year's features and dropped calls 10x a day are the norm.
  6. Droid Sensei
    czerdrill's Avatar
    Member #
    22335
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    4,850
    Liked
    103 times
    Phone
    OG Droid UD 3.0 -- GB :)
    #26
    Quote Originally Posted by SquireSCA View Post
    Except that you are not the norm. 15 year old girls and college kids that are more interested in the brand name because it is hip, and are willing to put up with a tiny screen, last year's features and dropped calls 10x a day are the norm.
    More proofless statements. While I don't know how reliable this is, at least I have some kind of link contesting your post...but its easier to just say stuff i guess.

    Some good points to take away from that: 37% more likely to have a graduate degree (those are some smart 15 year olds), 29% more likely to be 35+ (those are some old 15 year olds) and 67% more likely to have an average household income of more then $200,000 (those are some rich 15 year olds).

    Again, who knows how they did that survey or how reliable it is, but I'd love to see your survey that shows that 15 year old girls and college kids are the "norm" Apple users. Take your time.
    Google Interview Q&A

    Apple CEO, Verizon COO
  7. Droid Ninja
    SquireSCA's Avatar
    Member #
    160016
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    1,198
    Liked
    89 times
    Phone
    Moto RazR HD
    #27
    Quote Originally Posted by czerdrill View Post
    More proofless statements. While I don't know how reliable this is, at least I have some kind of link contesting your post...but its easier to just say stuff i guess.

    Some good points to take away from that: 37% more likely to have a graduate degree (those are some smart 15 year olds), 29% more likely to be 35+ (those are some old 15 year olds) and 67% more likely to have an average household income of more then $200,000 (those are some rich 15 year olds).

    Again, who knows how they did that survey or how reliable it is, but I'd love to see your survey that shows that 15 year old girls and college kids are the "norm" Apple users. Take your time.
    Just walk down the street.

    Apple phones became a status symbol. Didn't matter if they were limited, locked down, dropped calls or were 12-16 months behind the curve when it came to a lot of features and functions. It was the hip phone to have.

    And it does cater towards noobs, as it is nothing more than an appliance. If I were to get my mom a smarthphone, it would be an iPhone? Why? Because it is idiot-proof and a monkey can use it.

    In any case, you are the forum's resident Champion of Apple, so I don't expect anything I say, or even common sense to make a difference here...
  8. Droid Sensei
    czerdrill's Avatar
    Member #
    22335
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    4,850
    Liked
    103 times
    Phone
    OG Droid UD 3.0 -- GB :)
    #28
    Quote Originally Posted by SquireSCA View Post
    Just walk down the street.

    Apple phones became a status symbol. Didn't matter if they were limited, locked down, dropped calls or were 12-16 months behind the curve when it came to a lot of features and functions. It was the hip phone to have.

    And it does cater towards noobs, as it is nothing more than an appliance. If I were to get my mom a smarthphone, it would be an iPhone? Why? Because it is idiot-proof and a monkey can use it.

    In any case, you are the forum's resident Champion of Apple, so I don't expect anything I say, or even common sense to make a difference here...
    Ah ok, so your claims are, just like I thought, based on anecdotal, baseless evidence. Got it.
    Google Interview Q&A

    Apple CEO, Verizon COO
  9. Droid Ninja
    SquireSCA's Avatar
    Member #
    160016
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    1,198
    Liked
    89 times
    Phone
    Moto RazR HD
    #29
    Quote Originally Posted by czerdrill View Post
    Ah ok, so your claims are, just like I thought, based on anecdotal, baseless evidence. Got it.
    Yes, I have read many articles. I have seen with my own eyes the ads, the customers, the people walking around with them.

    But by all means, a study probably funded by Apple and used to market their products is certainly free of bias.

    Point is, they have "skewed" things in their claims before. It isn't unreasonable to assume they might do so again.
  10. Droid Sensei
    czerdrill's Avatar
    Member #
    22335
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    4,850
    Liked
    103 times
    Phone
    OG Droid UD 3.0 -- GB :)
    #30
    Quote Originally Posted by SquireSCA View Post
    Yes, I have read many articles. I have seen with my own eyes the ads, the customers, the people walking around with them.

    But by all means, a study probably funded by Apple and used to market their products is certainly free of bias.

    Point is, they have "skewed" things in their claims before. It isn't unreasonable to assume they might do so again.
    Lol there it is. The "Apple must have paid them" argument. The go to argument when all else fails. I coulda sworn I said that before as the usual (and predictable) response from people like you. Oh yeah, I did...in my first post in this thread......that's called "coming full circle"
    Google Interview Q&A

    Apple CEO, Verizon COO
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-28-2012, 10:35 AM
  2. Nvidia Tegra Zone
    By the3dolla in forum Motorola Droid X2
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 05-31-2011, 07:36 PM
  3. NVIDIA Tegra Zone
    By tp7six in forum Motorola Xoom
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-01-2011, 12:30 PM
  4. Replies: 24
    Last Post: 02-25-2011, 03:10 PM
  5. Gamers: Nvidia's Tegra 2 and Tegra Zone will delight you.
    By cereal killer in forum Android News
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-07-2011, 09:19 PM

Search tags for this page

a5 vs a5x

,
a5 vs a5x processor
,
a5x chip speed
,

a5x speed

,

a5x vs a5

,
a5x vs tegra 3
,
a5x vs tegra3
,
apple a5x speed
,
tegra 3 vs a5
,
tegra 3 vs a5x
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.
Find us on Google+