DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Google and Motorola Ordered To Hand Over Android Data to Apple

1. Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    1562 times
    Phone
    Nokia Lumia 928
    Premium Member

Google and Motorola Ordered To Hand Over Android Data to Apple

Google and a Motorola Mobility were ordered by the U.S. judge presiding over the Apple patent lawsuit to turn over information about the development of Google’s Android operating system. Google Inc. must also hand over to Apple information about their pending $12.5 billion acquisition of Motorola Mobility said U.S. Circuit Judge Richard A. Posner. Apple’s attorneys’ said “The Android/Motorola acquisition discovery is highly relevant to Apple’s claims and defenses.” Motorola shot back and opposed Apple's request by saying that Google is not a party to the lawsuit:

Google’s employees and documents are not within the ‘possession, custody, or control’ of Motorola, and Motorola cannot force Google to produce documents or witnesses over Google’s objections.
    Judge Richard A. Posner has scheduled back-to-back trials before separate juries starting June 11. The first will address six Apple patents, and the second will cover three Motorola patents.

And so it goes, just another day in patent lawsuit land.

Source: Bloomberg

3. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid

Apple better be careful...

Motorola is one of those companies you don't screw with. They have patents that refer simply to "radio." Not a specific type or frequency, just "radio." They need to play hardball with Apple and shut them up for good when it comes to patents.
  4. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    168 times
    Phone
    D1<Galaxy Nexus
    Maybe this is why Google and Moto stressed that they would remain separate entities? For Google to avoid handing documentation on Android to Apple?
    Don't be scared, adb is your friend.
  5. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    401 times
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    Wow. Apple's lawyers are no joke, even if this latest claim is. I'm not a legal expert, but I'm a little perplexed on what grounds a judge could have ruled in Apple's favor here. It basically screams "no fair, a Google/Moto combo means our victims start punching back...hard"

Apple is the proverbial kid caught with his hand in the cookie jar. They've been bullying everyone around and then Google & Moto look to combine and it's "Ohhhhhhhhh Shhhhhitackie mushrooms"
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Phone
    D3 Mav 4.0
    Every time I read about Apple filing a patent lawsuit against android producing companies it makes me sick. Someone is seriously carrying the Steve Jobs torch to "destroy android" and it's really tragically retarded in the business sense. Even if they were to thwart Google and kill Android, do they really think people will run out to get Iphones? lmao.
    What I think is funny about it are all the programmers I know from back in the day that are laughing at this whole situation with Apple suing everyone else for doing what apple did unchallenged, for years.
    Long live the "D"

D3-Maverick 4.0 witta hotspot hack!
    XOOM-Black ICE
    D2G-Liquid- retired
    D1-Project Elite-retired
  7. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    168 times
    Phone
    D1<Galaxy Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullitt6996 View Post
    if they were to thwart Google and kill Android, do they really think people will run out to get Iphones?
    That's exactly what would happen. Android is far and away iOS's biggest competition. You don't see too many questions on "Windows Mobile vs Android/Apple". It's always Apple vs Android. If Apple is successful in this current lawsuit, it could be devastating to any device not running iOS. I guarantee that if Android were killed off, a lot of forum members would run toward Apple. People have become dependent on their smart phone. If Apple is the only way they can get their fix, you're damn right that's where they'll go.
    Don't be scared, adb is your friend.
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    176 times
    Phone
    Moto X / 4.4
    If Android disappeared tomorrow, believe me when I say, I'd hang on to my Thunderbolt until MS got their act together. I figure I could hold out for two years.

The last thing ANYONE wants is for Apple to be the only game in town.
    The average consumer would be pounded in the buttocks with a fury never witnessed by mankind.
  9. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    Twitter
    rossi636
    Phone
    D1 and iP4S
    Quote Originally Posted by syndicate0017 View Post
    That's exactly what would happen. Android is far and away iOS's biggest competition. You don't see too many questions on "Windows Mobile vs Android/Apple". It's always Apple vs Android. If Apple is successful in this current lawsuit, it could be devastating to any device not running iOS. I guarantee that if Android were killed off, a lot of forum members would run toward Apple. People have become dependent on their smart phone. If Apple is the only way they can get their fix, you're damn right that's where they'll go.
    +1^^^^

That's what I did. Mainly because of all the Android device releases in the final quarter of last year. Just seems like certain manufacturers were "getting what they can, while they can" Every device seemed to be a "Flag Ship device" and the actual flag ship device (GNex) was terrible!! IMO

People will definitely go to IOS without Android around anymore.
    David

►o·pen/ˈōpən/
    Accessible to all.
    Allowing access; not locked up.
    Having no means of closing or barring.
    Free from limitations, boundaries, or restrictions.
  10. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    697 times
    Phone
    Note 2
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by syndicate0017 View Post
    I'd go to RIM

Support Our Troops!!!
    <><
    Sent from this Galaxy via Blue Tapatalk
    The United States is the land of the free because of the brave.
    To all who serve or have served in the U.S. military and to your families, THANK YOU. Your sacrifices are NOT in vain!
    May God continue to bless the USA
  11. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    Twitter
    rossi636
    Phone
    D1 and iP4S
    your trip to RIM would only be a short one. :-)
    David

►o·pen/ˈōpən/
    Accessible to all.
    Allowing access; not locked up.
    Having no means of closing or barring.
    Free from limitations, boundaries, or restrictions.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Links