DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Google and Motorola Ordered To Hand Over Android Data to Apple

1. Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    1562 times
    Phone
    Nokia Lumia 928
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by syndicate0017 View Post
    That's exactly what would happen. Android is far and away iOS's biggest competition. You don't see too many questions on "Windows Mobile vs Android/Apple". It's always Apple vs Android. If Apple is successful in this current lawsuit, it could be devastating to any device not running iOS. I guarantee that if Android were killed off, a lot of forum members would run toward Apple. People have become dependent on their smart phone. If Apple is the only way they can get their fix, you're damn right that's where they'll go.
    I predict Windows Phone 8 will begin to syphon off iOS and Android users once Apollo launches. Just a hunch.....
  2. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    23 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    I would hang on to my bionic until it broke then look into windows mobile. But I think moto needs to dig deep into the patent chest and throw something at apple that is a huge blow.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums
    Sent with the Ruler of All Machines! My Droid Bionic now featuring Ice Cream!
  3. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    149 times
    Phone
    D1>D2>Inc2>Rez>Nexus>S3>IP5
    Google and Motorola Ordered To Hand Over Android Data to Apple-power_rangers_facepalm_space_delimited_demotivational_poster_1249607259_facepalm_collection-s640.jpg
    Nexus 7 2 4.3 PA
    Unlocked and ROM'ed Note 3!!!!!
  4. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    697 times
    Phone
    Note 2
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by illmatic636 View Post
    your trip to RIM would only be a short one. :-)
    Not if ios was my only other alternative. I've escaped the sheep pen and won't be going back. If they take my phone I'll get a blackberry. If they take my Tab I'll get a laptop.
    It looks to me like Apple isn't trying so much for 1 killer blow as much as death by a thousand paper cuts

Support Our Troops!!!
    <><
    A Rezound phone was used for this TapaTalk post
    Last edited by mountainbikermark; 03-06-2012 at 10:44 AM.
    The United States is the land of the free because of the brave.
    To all who serve or have served in the U.S. military and to your families, THANK YOU. Your sacrifices are NOT in vain!
    May God continue to bless the USA
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    176 times
    Phone
    Moto X / 4.4
    Quote Originally Posted by cereal killer View Post
    I predict Windows Phone 8 will begin to syphon off iOS and Android users once Apollo launches. Just a hunch.....
    Yep. I said last year that the things that Microsoft had planned for W8 and WP7+ looked VERY interesting. I almost got laughed out of the forum, but I still stand by that statement. I think they truly have some good stuff cooking up especially with their plan on OS and window scaling across devices.

We're about to see some really sweet tech from them within the next year.
  6. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    Twitter
    rossi636
    Phone
    D1 and iP4S

If ATF is ditching Blacberry, why wouldn't the military follow?

IMO, If ATF is ditching Blacberry, why wouldn't the military follow? More feds ditch BlackBerrys - POLITICO.com
    David

►o·pen/ˈōpən/
    Accessible to all.
    Allowing access; not locked up.
    Having no means of closing or barring.
    Free from limitations, boundaries, or restrictions.
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    OG Droid
    Apple deserves to go bankrupt, tho its basically impossible,but filing all these lawsuits n getting rulings in their favor says one thing...the courts n politicians have their pockets stuffed with Apple profits and they'll DO ANYTHING to make sure it stays top dog.
    Its sad n pathetic that a "tech" company of their magnitude has to resort to these ridiculous tactics. Instead of copying androids notification bar system and then try n sue for something like slide to unlock feature is an absolute joke.
    And to the guy who said we'd all flock to iOS if they managed to squash android, not me, I would NEVER support a joke of a company like Apple that doesn't know how to create any new innovative technologies since Mr. Jobs was laid to rest. Coming out with a "new" ipad that has a better processor and more memory doesn't count. Anybody could predict that, That's expected upgrades, where's the REAL innovation? Yea, its gone, it left with Steve, now dim wits r left running the gig. Its things like this that make everyone outside the USA despite it...its really not a good look.

Sent from my OG using DroidForums
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    176 times
    Phone
    Moto X / 4.4
    Quote Originally Posted by illmatic636 View Post
    IMO, If ATF is ditching Blacberry, why wouldn't the military follow? More feds ditch BlackBerrys - POLITICO.com
    The DoD OK'd Android devices about 2 months ago. Troops in the field are using Android powered devices with specialized apps too. I got to see a few at AUSA in DC last fall.
  9. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    168 times
    Phone
    D1<Galaxy Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by meishkov View Post
    And to the guy who said we'd all flock to iOS if they managed to squash android, not me, I would NEVER support a joke of a company like Apple that doesn't know how to create any new innovative technologies since Mr. Jobs was laid to rest. Coming out with a "new" ipad that has a better processor and more memory doesn't count. Anybody could predict that, That's expected upgrades, where's the REAL innovation? Yea, its gone, it left with Steve, now dim wits r left running the gig. Its things like this that make everyone outside the USA despite it...its really not a good look.

Not once did I say every Android user would flock to Apple. I said a lot would. Everyone saying "not me" and "I wouldn't" are the exception.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
    illmatic636 likes this.
    Don't be scared, adb is your friend.
  10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    OG Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by syndicate0017 View Post
    Not once did I say every Android user would flock to Apple. I said a lot would. Everyone saying "not me" and "I wouldn't" are the exception.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
    No I hear ya, the majority of android peeps, as in the ones who don't ponder thru these forums, I'm sure would go to iOS without even thinking about it. With no hesitation. They're just the ones who want a working phone with internet capabilities and could care less about any of these lawsuits. But to us, the people who question things, I have to ask how in the world can important people in high places make these stupid, hugely impactful decisions? Whatever happened to antitrust? Isn't there supposed to be things in place to prevent a "only game in town" scenario? I remember back in the day M$ got dragged into court every other week because they had the only OS on the market basically. When will it end? Probably never, or until all the idiots in charge of making crazy decisions like this are died off.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links