DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Dusty

Thread: Motorola Offers Their Assurance That Nothing Will Change After Google's Acquisition

1. Editor in Chief
    Member #
    Liked
    2060 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Premium Member

Motorola Offers Their Assurance That Nothing Will Change After Google's Acquisition

Previously, we had folks from Google, including Andy Rubin himself, reassuring us that Motorola will operate independently after the acquisition by Google. Now it seems that we are getting the same comforting from Motorola. Motorola's Senior VP of Portfolio and Product Management Alain Mutricy has recently gone on record assuring that Motorola Mobility will remain a separate entity after they are acquired by Google. Since the acquisition announcement speculation over how this will affect Google's mobile platform has risen. Google has previously stated that after the acquisition they will have nothing to do with Motorola's manufacturing plans and that it is solely meant to expand their patent portfolio, but this is the first time we have heard from Motorola on the subject.

So far it sounds like things are supposed to be business as usual between the two. What do you think?

By eDogNights

Source: PhanDroid
  2. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    176 times
    Phone
    Moto X / 4.4
    I don't think they understand. Us nerds just want to know if they're going to kick Blur to the curb and unlock the bootloader.

Anything else regarding Moto we really couldn't give a ...

What are THEY talking about when they say things will stay the same?
    dgstorm and CletusVanDam like this.
  3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Twitter
    barkleyfan
    Phone
    Razr Maxx
    I think I dumped a lot of money into Razr Maxx (3 of them) banking on the idea that the merger will bring change on software policy. Certainly hope it pans out.
    Droid 1
    Droid X
    Thunderbolt
    Xperia Play
    Razr Maxx

4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    55 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    I personally think that after the acquisition, some things at Motorola absolutely should change. There's a lot of room for improvement in Motorola's software integration with Android, if ya know what I'm sayin'...
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    37 times
    Phone
    Droid RAZR
    so were still getting screwed over by motorola and google now?

then again google started screwing with us when they decided to store info about us for their custom tailored "ads."
    dont forget to like !
    the cake is a lie
  6. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Barkleyfan View Post
    I think I dumped a lot of money into Razr Maxx (3 of them) banking on the idea that the merger will bring change on software policy. Certainly hope it pans out.
    I think that bet is a long shot. Their software policy might eventually change, but only for future devices.

When I first heard about the Google and Moto Mobilie merger, first thing I thought was, "All Motorola devices will be blur free, with unlocked bootloaders?!".
    Current - Galaxy Nexus LTE - Rooted

Retired: OG Droid - Rooted/CM7, Droid X - Rooted/Liberty
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Twitter
    barkleyfan
    Phone
    Razr Maxx
    Quote Originally Posted by CletusVanDam View Post
    I think that bet is a long shot. Their software policy might eventually change, but only for future devices.

When I first heard about the Google and Moto Mobilie merger, first thing I thought was, "All Motorola devices will be blur free, with unlocked bootloaders?!".
    I'm cool with timely updates, although I wouldn't complain about devs having kernel access. I'm honestly pretty happy with stock ROM. I just think devs could streamline the kernel for some amazing battery life given the chance. My thunderbolt absolutely needed developer intervention. This could get me by just fine without it. But I feel for OG Razr owners. They could use a leaner kernel.
    Droid 1
    Droid X
    Thunderbolt
    Xperia Play
    Razr Maxx

8. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid X2
    Things better change or I'll never buy another Motorola device again. First they better unlock the bootloaders, then I think they should strip the Blur to make upgrading current devices from the last two years easier. Lastly they need to guarantee all devices under two years old always get upgrades to the OS. Anything less and they are just another Android phone maker which makes the Google buyout only useful for patents. It would be sad to see that happen...
  9. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    401 times
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    I thought it's been pretty well established that VZW is behind locking the bootloaders. Moto might be able to better assert their will, but they appear to be targeting corporate and the govt more and more.

Links