DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Future Screen Tech Will Blow Your Mind

1. Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    1555 times
    Phone
    Nokia Lumia 928
    Premium Member

Future Screen Tech Will Blow Your Mind

Feast your eyes on some screen tech innovations that are simply mind blowing. Some of this tech is not far off, can you say Samsung Smart Window? The concepts in this video are the product of TAT’s open innovation project, and should find their way into your handset, work space and bathrooms sometime in the near future. This statement from TAT (The Astonishing Tribe) describes a company on the bleeding edge of tech looking to take things to a whole other level:

Capacitive screens has now become a commodity for touch screen devices. Screen technology is now taking the next leap and the coming years imagination is the only thing stopping us. We will soon have dual screens, malleable screens, screens built into wifi connected mirrors, desks or backside of gadgets clothed with e-ink screens, tactile feedback, color screens with great contrast in sunlight, holographics/stereoscopic screens, color e-ink touch screens, or screens actually knowing where they are in relation to other screens thanks to ultrasonic emitters and microphones.

We want to show some of these things in an “experience video”, that shows a normal day in a couple of years when all these technologies are affordable enough to be used everywhere.
    As an interesting sidebar, 2 months after this video appeared (2010), RIM picked up TAT. We'd love to see this tech hit some Android devices, how about you?

Source: TAT
    Via: Forbes

3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    That would be insane! It's only a matter of time

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums
  4. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    399 times
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    The expandable screens are pretty cool. I've been looking forward to those for some time - will pretty much eliminate the need for a tablet (and perhaps why Apple is so defensive over smartphone marketshare, because the smartphone eventually kills the tablet and pc space).

But spare me the wifi connected mirror. I can certainly afford not to be connected for 2 minutes a day (nor do I want to be!).
  5. RS/Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    71 times
    Phone
    S3, G2, M8
    Premium Member
  6. Beta Team
    Member #
    Liked
    193 times
    Twitter
    BlackBlizzNerd
    Phone
    Galaxy Note 2/Galaxy Nexus
    Premium Member
    If we are seriously able to get an expandable screen like that, my mind is officially blown. Literally, I might die from shock. How would that make that?! Those.. "bendable" screens is one thing, but wow!

This is why I love technology so much. Even though it's not complete reality, the ideas that lead to innovation is amazing.
    II New Signature Finally! Made by Me II II Rooted Galaxy Nexus II
    II - AOKP AXIOM MORPHR - II
    II Want a signature like mine? Ask on Twtter! II

II Link to my work: http://tinypic.com/BenLand150 II
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    36 times
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    All that new technology and they still use those horrible mac keyboard and mouse...
    I scream! You scream! We all scream for ICE CREAM SANDWICH!
  8. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    399 times
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    Quote Originally Posted by BenLand150 View Post
    If we are seriously able to get an expandable screen like that, my mind is officially blown. Literally, I might die from shock. How would that make that?! Those.. "bendable" screens is one thing, but wow!

This is why I love technology so much. Even though it's not complete reality, the ideas that lead to innovation is amazing.
    Good question. I always assumed this would be done with a "roll-out" type screen since there have been proto-types of that. But that is far more polished and looks more like a screen that "stretches". In that case, I would assume pixel density would decrease proportionally as you stretch. So a base 1920x1080 might stretch to triple the area to yield only 720p.
  9. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    14 times
    Phone
    OG--ThunderBolt--Galaxy Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by kodiak799 View Post
    The expandable screens are pretty cool. I've been looking forward to those for some time - will pretty much eliminate the need for a tablet (and perhaps why Apple is so defensive over smartphone marketshare, because the smartphone eventually kills the tablet and pc space).

But spare me the wifi connected mirror. I can certainly afford not to be connected for 2 minutes a day (nor do I want to be!).
    Agreed. I have no idea how those expandable screen would be made but I would pick one up in a heartbeat
    combatmedic870 likes this.
  10. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    130 times
    Twitter
    TLB687
    Phone
    Note 3 rockin 4.4.2 Kit Kat
    Technology,Simply mind blowing.My fav is when lady in bathroom brushing teeth,that was Awesome!!
    "I'll stop buying smartphones when they make One smarter than me."Where's the stylus pen on the new One?
  11. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    59 times
    Phone
    Droid X2
    I've been waiting for these type of screens for some time now. Anyone else remember that goofy SciFi show of a several years ago, that had bald androgynous aliens that
    seemed to be nice and help us but where here for their own reasons? Their communicator had a slide out screen, very useful, but only if it has a kickstand.
    Last edited by JohnnytheK; 02-20-2012 at 02:56 PM.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links