DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: HTC Forecast is Gloomy

1. Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    1569 times
    Phone
    Nokia Lumia 928
    Premium Member

HTC Forecast is Gloomy

Amidst poor Q4 numbers HTC is predicting further drops in sales and profit margins amid strong competition. For the fourth quarter, HTC said it earned $369 million, or 44 cents per share, on revenue of $3.42 billion dollars. That’s a revenue drop of more than 2% from a year earlier. The bad news doesn't get any better neither. All Things D goes on to say that HTC reports even more trouble ahead;

The company forecast that, for the current quarter, sales will drop to between 65 billion and 70 billion Taiwanese dollars, with gross margins falling to 25 percent from last quarter’s 27 percent. HTC said it expects the dip in margins to be temporary.
    CEO Peter Chou put everything in perspective by saying “While short term performance may not meet the results as expected, we have gained further experience and advancement in the areas of brand management and product innovation. These fundamental strengths and the groundwork we have laid will take us into 2012 with a renewed focus and determination.”

With HTC focusing on fewer devices, and putting quality and innovation at the forefront, 2012 should prove to be a better and more profitable year.

Source: AllthingsD
  2. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    90 times
    Phone
    Moto RazR HD
    Wow, they are starting to get it... Instead of releasing a dozen half baked buggy phones and trying to fixed them while you create the next dozen buggy phones, they are instead going to try and release a few phones that actually work as promised?

Good for them. Let's see if they, and others, have finally seen the light.

If Apple can make billions selling the same stupid phone over and over again, HTC should so well selling a few select phones that are innovative, push the envelop and work properly...
  3. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    103 times
    Phone
    D1, X, Tbolt, DC, DB, GNex, S4
    Premium Member
    Actually HTC only released 4 phones on Verizon last year; the Thunderbolt, Incredible 2, Rhyme and Rezound. That's not many if you ask me.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    New to android or just need to brush up on the basics? Abe has every thing you need Here:
    "Guidelines of Conduct" for DroidForums.net

Respect is number 1 in the Forums.

We are the droid owners
    Resistance is Futile, YOU Will be Assimilated...

4. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    400 times
    Phone
    HTC One M8
    Quote Originally Posted by Quicksilver7714 View Post
    Actually HTC only released 4 phones on Verizon last year; the Thunderbolt, Incredible 2, Rhyme and Rezound. That's not many if you ask me.

Agreed and sadly, they weren't the best phones. The Thunderbolt was quite lackluster. It sold, but then dropped off. My wife has one and though shes fine with it, I don't really like it. The Rhyme I haven't heard anything about since it was released. the DI2 was ok and the Rezound isn't taking off like I thought it would. HTC has an issue with releasing updates within a decent amount of time.
    -------------------------------
    • • • HTC One M8 • • •
    -------------------------------
  5. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    103 times
    Phone
    D1, X, Tbolt, DC, DB, GNex, S4
    Premium Member
    I think after the fiasco with the Tbolt. HTC had a lot of unhappy customers. No updates, updates that made things worse and horrible battery life.

I had a Tbolt for a month but returned it due to crappie battery life ans no support with in the month. It totally turned me off to Buying another HTC phone for a while.

On the sprint side of things I don't think the EVO 3D fared any better. 3D is such a gimmick.

pc747 likes this.
    New to android or just need to brush up on the basics? Abe has every thing you need Here:
    "Guidelines of Conduct" for DroidForums.net

Respect is number 1 in the Forums.

We are the droid owners
    Resistance is Futile, YOU Will be Assimilated...

6. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    90 times
    Phone
    Moto RazR HD
    Only 4 phones on VZW, but what about the others?

The whole industry is messed up. Every carrier wants their own version, then they go and make the phone even worse by putting on all of their shoddy crap...
  7. RS Admin
    Member #
    Liked
    1699 times
    Phone
    moto droid
    Premium Member
    I think after the fiasco with the Tbolt. HTC had a lot of unhappy customers. No updates, updates that made things worse and horrible battery life.

I had a Tbolt for a month but returned it due to crappie battery life ans no support with in the month. It totally turned me off to Buying another HTC phone for a while.

On the sprint side of things I don't think the EVO 3D fared any better. 3D is such a gimmick.

The thunderbolt really hurt htc's credibility. Even though the rezound is a better phone than its getting credit for people were burnt by the thunderbolt and refuse to trust motorola again.
    combatmedic870 likes this.
  8. Developer Relations
    Member #
    Liked
    876 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Note 3
    Premium Member
    Could not agree more with the concept that the T-Bolt left a bad taste in user's mouths. I have never used one personally but having to deal with the one my GF owned I can certainly see it. I don't think they make bad devices though so we shall have to see how this year goes for them.
  9. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    198 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S4

About each of the major carriers had 4 HTC android phones released last year.

Overall if you look at them most of them are no different from the other.

For example the Rhyme and Inc 2 are essentially the same phone, at the same price, and launched shortly around the same time. HTC should have just saved the money, and made a plum Inc. 2 with an accessory bundle. T-Mobile had a bunch of the "same" HTC phones as well.

Then you had their tablet which I don't believe did well at all.
    pc747 likes this.
  10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    Phone
    Verizon Thunderbolt
    Thanks to my purchase of the Thunderbolt, I will not get another HTC phone again. Granted the 4G was nice and fast, but I'm not sure that makes up for the shortcomings of the TB. There are still things that haven't been fixed.
    I'm still waiting on the fix for the Bluetooth issue I've brought up many times. Now I find the birthdays show a day later when you go to your contacts.

I have to wait until Dec. of this year before I can exchange my phone under contract. And it will not be a HTC.
    Tom
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Links