DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: New Study Shows that iOS Crashes More Often Than Android

1. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Twitter
    theoriginalvic
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    I've had the Iphone 4 and now the Iphone 4s, and I to this day have never experienced OS crashes. I'm personally over the whole Android is better than IOS and vice versa. I joined this these forums back when I got the OG Droid on launch day, but over time I noticed an increase in bashing on the Iphone.
    shiccy likes this.
    Galaxy S4 - Stock (For now)
  2. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    353 times
    Twitter
    JefFullerMyself
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    yeah people used to be pretty civil in regards to Apple threads in this forum but now it's always just an all out bash thread. Kind of sad, you still get the few who like to give a nice civil debate though. They just get overshadowed by the others most of the time.
    Anytime someone dares me to walk a mile in their shoes I do it! Because, hey free shoes and I am now a mile away from that person!

Hatred is by far the ugliest trait any human can possess (think about it)
  3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    49 times
    Phone
    RAZR
    Quote Originally Posted by OneTenderRebel View Post
    yeah people used to be pretty civil in regards to Apple threads in this forum but now it's always just an all out bash thread. Kind of sad, you still get the few who like to give a nice civil debate though. They just get overshadowed by the others most of the time.
    yep, gotta take a lot of this stuff with a grain of salt. i'm sure this happens on both sides though. everyone is passionate about what they own or aspire to own...it's "normal".
  4. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    353 times
    Twitter
    JefFullerMyself
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by jerkwad View Post
    yep, gotta take a lot of this stuff with a grain of salt. i'm sure this happens on both sides though. everyone is passionate about what they own or aspire to own...it's "normal".
    while I know this is an Android forum, the stuff some people say to back up their dislike of Apple is far from normal.
    Anytime someone dares me to walk a mile in their shoes I do it! Because, hey free shoes and I am now a mile away from that person!

5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    49 times
    Phone
    RAZR
    Quote Originally Posted by OneTenderRebel View Post
    while I know this is an Android forum, the stuff some people say to back up their dislike of Apple is far from normal.
    i meant the "passion" was normal - not the ass-hatery that can ensue on both sides of the fence (can i say ass-hatery?!) lol
    OneTenderRebel likes this.
  6. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    353 times
    Twitter
    JefFullerMyself
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by jerkwad View Post
    i meant the "passion" was normal - not the ass-hatery that can ensue on both sides of the fence (can i say ass-hatery?!) lol
    haha nice, yeah either way I have been pretty fortunate with my OG Droid and now my Nexus where I don't get too many app crashes, but I try not to download any apps that could be unstable.

7. Editor in Chief
    Member #
    Liked
    2023 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Happystranger View Post
    I've had the Iphone 4 and now the Iphone 4s, and I to this day have never experienced OS crashes. I'm personally over the whole Android is better than IOS and vice versa. I joined this these forums back when I got the OG Droid on launch day, but over time I noticed an increase in bashing on the Iphone.
    I did not intend the tone of the article to come off as iPhone bashing, in fact it was really the opposite, and was designed to give Android users a defense against iPhone users that bash Android users. Some people do; however, take things a bit too seriously and get "passionate" about their favorite tech, and bash the other side.

But really, both smartphone operating systems and the hardware that runs them are amazing advances in technology. I would hope that any "bashing" that is going on is simply fun banter between friends, like it is around the offices here. For what it is worth, I have seen the same "overly passionate" behavior on several different Apple sites when their users smack-talking about Android. I think we can all meet in the middle and agree that smartphones are one of the coolest pieces of tech to come out of the technology age, regardless of Android or iOS!
  8. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    353 times
    Twitter
    JefFullerMyself
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by dgstorm View Post
    I did not intend the tone of the article to come off as iPhone bashing, in fact it was really the opposite, and was designed to give Android users a defense against iPhone users that bash Android users. Some people do; however, take things a bit too seriously and get "passionate" about their favorite tech, and bash the other side.

But really, both smartphone operating systems and the hardware that runs them are amazing advances in technology. I would hope that any "bashing" that is going on is simply fun banter between friends, like it is around the offices here. For what it is worth, I have seen the same "overly passionate" behavior on several different Apple sites when their users smack-talking about Android. I think we can all meet in the middle and agree that smartphones are one of the coolest pieces of tech to come out of the technology age, regardless of Android or iOS!
    yeah, just because we are pro-android doesn't mean we have to be anti-apple. This whole "pick a side or we will kill you" (ok no one is threatening death) is a bit ridiculous.

9. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Twitter
    theoriginalvic
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    Well all I know is that if I could, I would have a G-Nex too...both OS's have something to offer.
    Galaxy S4 - Stock (For now)
  10. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    209 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    To be fair, a lot of the crashes on iOS devices occur when people fail to read the app description that explicitly tells them to reboot before running, and just go ahead and try to run it immediately after installing.

If the crash is caused by user error, the fault does not lie with the device or OS.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links