DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Motorola RAZR Developer Edition will include unlocked bootloader in Europe!

1. Kernel Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    90 times
    Twitter
    f1vefour
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus Toro
    DroidForums.net Developer
    Premium Member
    Interesting but not revolutionary. I for one am not interested in anything that is not quad core (if not out right now). Why would anyone want a device that already has its foot in the out door (technologically speaking of course)?

I am a die hard Motorola guy, the OG is almost indestructible as is the X (which is my current device)...but I need something more than a simple unlocked bootloader on my next device if it is to be Motorola. They have stepped on my proverbial rose bed and made me unhappy with the way they do business.
  2. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Phone
    d2vzw
    So thats why they refuse to unlock our phones... they want us to fork over the dough for this. Way to create an artificial scarcity on something our phones should already have...
  3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    38 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid RAZR MAXX HD
    Plus there is no warranty for this phone. Hopefully our Stellar Dev's can learn from the unlocked boot loader and unlock our Razrs
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    If they do this for the D4 Maxx I'm selling my nexus lol.

Sent from my GalaxyNexus using DroidForums
  5. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    61 times
    Twitter
    @listen2theman92
    Phone
    Rooted DROID RAZR
    Quote Originally Posted by Captmilk View Post
    Plus there is no warranty for this phone. Hopefully our Stellar Dev's can learn from the unlocked boot loader and unlock our Razrs
    I need some sort of hardware warranty, especially with Motorola. I have had to use my warranty too many times with my X to be comfortable.

X
    -Brad
  6. RS Admin
    Member #
    Liked
    1682 times
    Phone
    moto droid
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by brad92 View Post
    I need some sort of hardware warranty, especially with Motorola. I have had to use my warranty too many times with my X to be comfortable.

X
    That is my concern as well; whats to keep motorola for selling us bad razrs for 600 and say "no warranty you are out of luck, but thanks for the $600". They need to do better than that. I am all for manufacturers voiding warranty IF YOU unlock the phone. I mean if I buy a phone and day 1 unlock it with out atleast checking it over than that is on me. I would rather you sell it locked and let me play with it for awhile to make sure its a good device and then do like htc where I can unlock the bootloader via website and my warranty just be voided. And in any case where I will buy a phone that my warranty is voided upon unlocked I will definitely be buying through a company like best buy where they have solid insurace. Because verizon's 3rd party insurance do no cover jailbreaking, where best buy insurance quietly does. Yes its a step in the right direction but they need to go a little further.
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    They just need to offer a way to unlock the current bootloaders like HTC does. All this is and will be, if it even actually happens, is a very poor attempt at appeasement. "give the people that want an unlocked phone a "dev" phone for 600 dollars with no warranty or carrier and maybe they'll shut up about bootloaders"
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    38 times
    Phone
    Nexus 4 (Rooted Stock)
    Quote Originally Posted by prime View Post
    Interesting but not revolutionary.
    Their next product will be. It will be called the "OMG Razr Maxx Ultra HD" and will be released 5 days after the unlocked Razr Maxx is released in the US. It will be just like the Razr Maxx unlocked, but will include a 720p display. $299 at Verizon.
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    38 times
    Phone
    Nexus 4 (Rooted Stock)
    As for the warranty stuff...in their defense they do say this is a "developer" phone. It isn't really intended for the average person. It is intended for developers.
  10. Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    1559 times
    Phone
    Nokia Lumia 928
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pc747 View Post
    That is my concern as well; whats to keep motorola for selling us bad razrs for 600 and say "no warranty you are out of luck, but thanks for the $600". They need to do better than that. I am all for manufacturers voiding warranty IF YOU unlock the phone. I mean if I buy a phone and day 1 unlock it with out atleast checking it over than that is on me. I would rather you sell it locked and let me play with it for awhile to make sure its a good device and then do like htc where I can unlock the bootloader via website and my warranty just be voided. And in any case where I will buy a phone that my warranty is voided upon unlocked I will definitely be buying through a company like best buy where they have solid insurace. Because verizon's 3rd party insurance do no cover jailbreaking, where best buy insurance quietly does. Yes its a step in the right direction but they need to go a little further.
    I believe thats the way it will be done. The device ships locked and the consumer unlocks the device.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links