LG X3 Unveiled; More Quad-Core Phones to the 2012 Deathmatch
This year is going to be a deathmatch of quad-core processor phones and tablets. We've heard about the Fujitsu quad-core phone, then we heard about the HTC Edge/Endeavor quad-core beast, and the SGS3 might be a quad-core. Now it looks like LG is bringing their big guns to the party too. The LG X3 was just outed over on Pocketnow. Here's a breakdown of "known" components for the device:
- NVIDIA Tegra 3 Quad-core CPU
- A whopping 4.7 inches HD Screen (1280x720)
- 8MP Rear Camera and 1.3MP Front
- 16GB on a microSD card.
- Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich from the factory
- 21Mbps HSPA or LTE depending on region and carrier
These specs are even more impressive when you take into account that the device is supposedly staying slim at less than 9mm. More than likely the X3 name is just an internal codename. We expect to hear something official on the device some time during Mobile World Congress in February, or CTIA in May at the latest.