DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Motorola Planning a 24 Hour Battery Longevity Event For the Droid RAZR Maxx?

  1. Administrator
    cereal killer's Avatar
    Member #
    88
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Austin
    Posts
    11,046
    Liked
    1562 times
    Phone
    Nokia Lumia 928
    Premium Member
    #1

    Motorola Planning a 24 Hour Battery Longevity Event For the Droid RAZR Maxx?




    My oh my how things evolve. It used to be, and to some extent it still is, all about processing power and how many cores, but the topic of battery life always seemed to make it's way into those conversations . With every new processor announcement the inevitable topic of "but how will battery life be?" always popped up.

    Enter the Motorola Droid RAZR Maxx powered by a massive 3,300mAH battery. Today Endgadget was tipped anonymously that on February 6th Moto will be streaming an event that will take the RAZR Maxx to task and see if the 24 hour battery life claim holds any water.

    According to Endgadget:

    We're told to expect a 24-hour marathon event, streamed out to the gaping masses, where the aforesaid handset will be powered on and presumably used for a full day
    A real world test streamed out to the masses is something everyone can get on board with. Bring it on Moto, lets see if your claims will hold up.

    Source: Endgadget
  2. Master Droid
    BJPalmer85's Avatar
    Member #
    162190
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Louisville, KY
    Posts
    260
    Liked
    19 times
    Phone
    Droid 3
    #2
    Quote Originally Posted by cereal killer View Post



    My oh my how things evolve. It used to be, and to some extent it still is, all about processing power and how many cores, but the topic of battery life always seemed to make it's way into those conversations . With every new processor announcement the inevitable topic of "but how will battery life be?" always popped up.

    Enter the Motorola Droid RAZR Maxx powered by a massive 3,300mAH battery. Today Endgadget was tipped anonymously that on February 6th Moto will be streaming an event that will take the RAZR Maxx to task and see if the 2 hour battery life claim holds any water.

    According to Endgadget:



    A real world test streamed out to the masses is something everyone can get on board with. Bring it on Moto, lets see if your claims will hold up.

    Source: Endgadget
    Is the bold supposed to say 24 hour instead of 2 hour?

    B
    Trying to decide on my next phone. I am torn between the DNA and the SGS3.
  3. Administrator
    cereal killer's Avatar
    Member #
    88
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Austin
    Posts
    11,046
    Liked
    1562 times
    Phone
    Nokia Lumia 928
    Premium Member
    #3
    Quote Originally Posted by BJPalmer85 View Post
    Is the bold supposed to say 24 hour instead of 2 hour?

    B
    Nice catch A 24 hour event condensed into 2 hours. That would be interesting. "No really, the battery lasted 24 hours!!!"
  4. Developer Relations
    JSM9872's Avatar
    Member #
    151157
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Somewhere In Pennsylvania...
    Posts
    12,927
    Liked
    876 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Note 3
    Premium Member
    #4
    This would make a number of people happy. Battery life is a huge concern.
  5. Droid Ninja
    metalspring's Avatar
    Member #
    158915
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    hermitage, pa
    Posts
    2,231
    Liked
    99 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus LTE
    #5
    Quote Originally Posted by cereal killer View Post
    Nice catch A 24 hour event condensed into 2 hours. That would be interesting. "No really, the battery lasted 24 hours!!!"
    yeah, but now the question is what exactly are they going to be doing during the 24 hours? are they going to have it on airplane mode with all background apps turned off, screen brightness on lowest setting, screen off for 90% of the time and only turned on to show the battery %? if all thats the case then 24 hours isnt that big of a feat considering most phones already claim a standby time of several days...for example the nexus claims
    Standard Battery: Usage time – up to 12 hours; Standby time – up to 150 hrs hours
    My cMetal 11.0 rom for the verizon galaxy nexus

    Phone- The GALAXY NEXUS LTE a​ll the
    Rom- My own cMetal 11.0 rom (linaro enhanced cm-11.0)
    Kernel- ASKP or my modified mpokang v10 superram kernel
    previous phone the trusty ol' droid 1
  6. Senior Droid
    IN AWE's Avatar
    Member #
    10133
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    157
    Liked
    5 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    #6
    Quote Originally Posted by metalspring View Post
    yeah, but now the question is what exactly are they going to be doing during the 24 hours? are they going to have it on airplane mode with all background apps turned off, screen brightness on lowest setting, screen off for 90% of the time and only turned on to show the battery %? if all thats the case then 24 hours isnt that big of a feat considering most phones already claim a standby time of several days...for example the nexus claims
    If they can keep the screen on for 24 hours straight i would be impressed.
  7. Senior Droid
    sonicxtacy02's Avatar
    Member #
    88407
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    244
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S3
    #7
    Quote Originally Posted by metalspring View Post
    yeah, but now the question is what exactly are they going to be doing during the 24 hours? are they going to have it on airplane mode with all background apps turned off, screen brightness on lowest setting, screen off for 90% of the time and only turned on to show the battery %? if all thats the case then 24 hours isnt that big of a feat considering most phones already claim a standby time of several days...for example the nexus claims
    Exactly. My bionic with extended battery can last 2 days if i barely get any calls on it. Stream netflix on it and see how long it lasts.
  8. Droid Sensei
    Stelv's Avatar
    Member #
    126298
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Western NY
    Posts
    2,665
    Liked
    28 times
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    #8



    Uploaded with ImageShack.us
  9. Droid Sensei
    tjk629's Avatar
    Member #
    24029
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    3,046
    Liked
    198 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    #9
    I'm sorry, but what's the big deal?

    It's just a razr with an extended battery in it. I don't get why moto is going though all this woo ha over it. They had that pre ces teaser and now this event.

    It's just a freaking extended battery.
  10. Developer Relations
    JSM9872's Avatar
    Member #
    151157
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Somewhere In Pennsylvania...
    Posts
    12,927
    Liked
    876 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Note 3
    Premium Member
    #10
    I agree they did go over the top with it. But to some battery life is their only focus so I can see why Moto thought to market it as such, still not saying they should have though.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Welcome to the Motorola Droid RAZR Maxx Forums
    By cereal killer in forum Droid RAZR MAXX
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 01-27-2012, 08:55 PM
  2. Droid razr maxx
    By fahszybear in forum Droid RAZR Support
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01-19-2012, 05:11 PM
  3. Droid Razr Maxx released already
    By booyaltz in forum Droid RAZR
    Replies: 73
    Last Post: 01-10-2012, 04:41 PM
  4. Motorola Droid RAZR Event Starting Soon
    By dgstorm in forum Android News
    Replies: 51
    Last Post: 10-18-2011, 11:26 AM
  5. Replies: 73
    Last Post: 10-17-2011, 03:10 AM

Search tags for this page

24 hour batteries

,
droid razr battery
,
droid razr maxx battery event 24 hour
,
droid with 24 hour battery
,
how long does aa battery charge droid razr
,
htc 24 hour batteries
,

motorola 18 hr battery life

,
motorola 24 hour batter
,

motorola planning 24-hour droid razr maxx longevity event fo

,
razr 24 hr battery
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.

Tags for this Thread

Find us on Google+