DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Turn Any Android Smartphone into a NFC Device

1. Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    1565 times
    Phone
    Nokia Lumia 928
    Premium Member

Turn Any Android Smartphone into a NFC Device

DeviceFidelity and SpringCard Launch Moneto, the World’s First Multi-Platform Mobile Wallet for iPhone and Android at CES. The SD Card contains an NFC radio and antenna that are encrypted together to deliver MasterCard PayPass technology to any Android Smartphone. Pretty exciting news for those that were feeling left out.

Read the full press release below:

Dallas, TX (PRWEB) January 10, 2012

moneto, developed by DeviceFidelity, Inc. and Spring Card Systems LLC, announced today the launch of the world’s first commercially available mobile payment solution that provides iPhone and Android users a convenient way to pay while on the go. The moneto iPhone wallet is powered by MasterCard PayPass technology and linked to a general purpose reloadable MasterCard prepaid card to enable iPhone users to make purchases with their phone at the hundreds of thousands of merchants that accept MasterCard PayPass.

“For over a decade, MasterCard has led the transformation of mobile phones into secure mobile payment devices,” said James Anderson, senior vice president, Mobile and Emerging payments at MasterCard. “We are excited to partner with moneto so that iPhone users can enjoy the convenience of paying for purchases with a simple ‘tap’ at thousands of PayPass locations around the globe.”

For the first time, NFC functionality is available directly to consumers at retail without the need to change devices, upgrade plans or sign new contracts. The moneto mobile payments technology uses a NFC-enabled microSD chip embedded in a patented, protective iPhone case. iPhone users simply need to sign up at moneto.me to receive the case, install the moneto app from the app store, and activate their account. Users can launch the moneto app to view their account balance, check transaction history and make everyday in-store purchases with a tap of their iPhone at any PayPass-enabled contactless payments reader at the point of sale. Users can fund their moneto prepaid account through direct deposit, ACH transfer or cash/credit/debit card-enabled third-party money transfer services such as MoneyGram, Western Union, PayPal or GreenDot.

“As this breakthrough mobile wallet launches in the US, it not only makes mobile payments available to iPhone users for the first time but it also opens the door for consumers to adopt NFC while pushing mobile commerce forward,” said Deepak Jain, DeviceFidelity President and CEO. “We are excited to partner with MasterCard and SpringCard to break the barriers for a rapid effective rollout that will spur both consumers and merchants to adopt this new wave of electronic commerce.”

moneto also comes with a companion prepaid MasterCard to give users the ability to access cash at ATMs and make online purchases, pay bills or shop at merchants that do not accept contactless payments. moneto also enables card-to-card and wire-fund transfers from a secure internet portal accessible via moneto.me.

“Consumers have been hearing about NFC and mobile wallets for years, now with moneto they can finally start using it and with the most popular smartphone device on the planet. The moneto mobile wallet app is focused on delivering a faster and easier shopping experience that is consumer friendly,” said Kevin Haddad, president of SpringCard. “Our vision is simple: People who use our applications should not have to worry ‘Will this work with my phone?’ as consumers can easily make secure purchases regardless of their phone, carrier, or bank.”

SAFETY AND SECURITY

The In2Pay technology behind moneto brings peace of mind to consumers. moneto users can prevent unauthorized access to their account using a PIN that is safely stored in a secure chip inside the microSD. The sleek and durable case design protects the iPhone and the NFC enabled microSD securely stores and encrypts the card information. Additionally, the moneto account is backed by MasterCard’s Zero Liability, which protects consumers against unauthorized purchases.

PRICING AND AVAILABILITY

moneto for iPhone will be available for online ordering in the U.S. immediately at moneto.me for $79.95 which includes $10.00 of pre-loaded funds. The moneto mobile wallet is available in limited release on the iPhone 4S, iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, and iPhone 3. A number of Android models will also be supported by 2Q12. Additional phone support will be added throughout the year.

The moneto prepaid MasterCard card is issued by University National Bank, member FDIC, pursuant to a license from MasterCard International Incorporated. MasterCard and the MasterCard Brand Mark are registered trademarks of MasterCard International Incorporated.
    Source: BGR
  2. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    61 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    So will Verizon not allow this app to be accessed on the market and claim they don't support this NFC payment application like they do for Google Wallet on a Galaxy Nexus?

My guess this is the nail in the coffin for Verizon not wanting to support Google Wallet on a Galaxy Nexus or this app
    My first smartphone was a Droid 1. Then I found the Nexus... Galaxy Nexus LTE unlocked & rooted...
    AOKP JB build ROM, IMO JB exp Kernel,
    Root Apps - Titanium Backup, Root Explorer, SetCPU, ROM Toolbox, Rom Mangler/ClockworkMod, CWMR Touch, Lightflow, SD Maid, Nova Launcher
  3. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    It sounds like a great idea. The only problem that I have with it, is that I already have an SD card with all my music on it installed. Is there any word about free space being on the card?
  4. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    400 times
    Phone
    HTC One M8
    Can I use my VISA debit card with it or is it only for MasterCards?
    -------------------------------
    • • • HTC One M8 • • •
    -------------------------------
  5. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by NickSaul View Post
    It sounds like a great idea. The only problem that I have with it, is that I already have an SD card with all my music on it installed. Is there any word about free space being on the card?
    The website does not indicate how much space is available on the micro SD card. But, there is documentation on how to transfer data from your current micro SD card to the new one.
  6. Super Mod/News Team
    Member #
    Liked
    594 times
    Twitter
    @Shadez69
    Phone
    Droid,Droid Bionic/Galaxy SIII
    Premium Member
    This really sounds cool...
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    131 times
    Phone
    Droid Maxx
    The article is very interesting. It says that it uses an NFC enabled microSD chip embedded in a protective iphone CASE. It's not in the phone??? How would that work??
  8. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    LG G2 (formerly G Nexus)
    Does it really take so long to take out a wallet and swipe a card?
    I have no signature...but I am adding this just to upset people that think they clutter up forums.
  9. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    808 times
    Phone
    Verizon S4
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCleaner View Post
    Does it really take so long to take out a wallet and swipe a card?
    about as long as it takes to pull out a phone and swipe it
    "...life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it."

Guidelines of Conduct
    The only dumb question is the one not asked.
  10. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    96 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Does this work with the galaxy nexus?
    Droid 1

Roms I have used: Ultimate Droid, BB and petes gpa's, pe, cyan, ss,miui, liquid, and chevy.

Now-[U]GPA19

Galaxy Nexus!

Roms i have used:Revolution, romans, zygot, codenamedroid, Gummynex

Now-romans with Lean Kernel.

Android Rule
    1. When saying what phone or rom you have, make sure to include the word rocking or rockin as a verb in the sentence.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Links