Verizon Wireless To Start Charging $2 Convenience Fee Starting January 15
I hate to be the bearer of bad news but before I begin, I just want to say please, keep things civil in this thread. :D
According to an internal document obtained by Droid-Life, Verizon Wireless plans to star charging customers an additional $2 “convenience fee” for paying their cellphone bill whether online and/or through the phone.
The $2.00 fee doesn’t start until January 15th and according to Verizon Wireless, customers will be warned before the fee is assessed and given other payment options to avoid the $2.00 charge. If you don’t want to pay it you can use these other payment channels:
- ACH (electronic check)
- Pre-enrollment APO (Autopay)
- Online from customer’s home banking service provider (online bill pay through your bank)
- In-store using My Verizon Express, BPK or a store representative
- VZW gift card, rebate card and friends and family referral rewards card
- Paper checks and money orders mailed to Verizon Wireless remit address via USPS
How are all you taking this news? Is $2 a month — $24 a year — a small price to pay for good coverage and 4G LTE (when it’s working)
:blink:. Or will this be the final straw sending you to more affordable carriers with possibly less coverage?