DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: [Follow-Up] Despite Poor Sales Acer Reports it Will Stick with Tablet Business

1. Editor in Chief
    Member #
    Liked
    2081 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Premium Member

[Follow-Up] Despite Poor Sales Acer Reports it Will Stick with Tablet Business

Previously, we reported industry rumors suggesting that Acer may drop out of, or greatly diminish their tablet business presence, due to poor sales. Acer's company founder, Stan Shih, came forward to comment on these rumors himself. He indicated that the tablet industry has too much potential too give up on, and that they will continue to build tablets and smartphones. He also shared (as stated in the BGR article) that,

"...there are currently no plans to make personnel cuts in its tablet or smartphone divisions as had been previously rumored."
    He also reminded that Acer started off slow in the PC notebook market before becoming one of the most successful manufacturers in the world.

Source: BGR
  2. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    13 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    Awesome, so glad they are sticking it out. Now I just wish they would fix the problem of Baltic feedback not working on my keyboard properly. I hate how to types letters twice in a row and practically dies with the option enabled. Its one of my favorite options

Sent from my A100 using DroidForums
  3. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    179 times
    Phone
    Moto X
    Didn't really care if they stayed in the game or left, but I think it's good business practice to stay. Tablets are big now, and to leave the market when it's just starting to take off is...well just silly.
    Phone History: Moto Startac > LG VX6000 > Moto e815 > LG Voyager > Moto D R O I D > GALAXY NEXUS > Moto X
    Rockin': Moto X w/ Root!
    Clockin': Nada

Free Wifi Tether w/o Root

Links