DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: [Updated] Hands-On Friday Quick Preview Pic With In-Stock VZW Samsung Galaxy Nexus

1. Editor in Chief
    Member #
    Liked
    2079 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Premium Member

[Updated] Hands-On Friday Quick Preview Pic With In-Stock VZW Samsung Galaxy Nexus

One of our amazing anonymous tipsters was able to score this quick pic of the Verizon Samsung Galaxy Nexus. It was in-stock (held in the back) at a Best Buy today, although the source reported they received them yesterday. The source got to play with it for a bit, and came away drooling. They didn't get much time with it, but were thoroughly impressed, and rather surprised that stores are "sitting on them" right now. Perhaps the phone really will release this weekend...

Update: Since we have received quite a bit of the same feedback regarding the relative "weakness" of this story from several different folks, I feel it is important that we take that input seriously. So, from that perspective, as the DF editor, I would like to take responsibility, and apologize that we didn't look over the picture better, and that the story's title was a bit too self-aggrandizing. Sometimes, we on the news team, get caught up in the excitement of a new release just like you guys do, because of course, we are Android fans too.

That doesn't excuse sloppy reporting though, and I want to thank all the folks for offering their constructive feedback. While technically, the story was "exclusive", because we were able to get a pic that was ours alone, sometimes, people think of that word, in larger terms than just that, thus making the story seem more "hyped' than it was intended. The article was really just meant as further confirmation that Best Buy and other retailers actually had stock and were sitting on it. The title should have reflected that better, and the article should have shared that the pic was of a demo unit.

It's great that we have members willing to share their input, as many of you did, and it will only help us improve as a news team to bring you better articles in the future. It's the openness of our forum members that makes DroidForums.net the best place on the web to come together and share about one of our favorite subjects. Thank you.
    Last edited by dgstorm; 12-09-2011 at 04:19 PM.
    ilikemoneygreen and ruvy01 like this.
  2. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    omgomgomgomgomgomgomgomg
  3. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    15 times
    Phone
    3 original Droids
    Premium Member
    Yea this weekend kinda seems strange but if everyone is sitting on them then there is no real issue. We already know there is an update with the launch. They can't change anything if there already at the stores. Maybe the plan is to do a sunday release so all couple hundred of us can pick it up no problem and then it can fade away. The average user doesn't really give a blank about this phone and wouldn't pay full price or try to do an extra early upgrade for it. A weekend release with no promotion shuts all of us up and doesn't hurt the Droid branded phone sales. The average person will think. Android 4.0 who cares I want a phone that thinks while im sleeping.

Just me trying to stay positive about this whole thing.
    ruvy01 likes this.
  4. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    403 times
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    I doubt VZW really is putting much thought into what a very tiny percent of its user base thinks. Truth be told, most of the people complaining on here aren't going anywhere because they aren't about to give up their unlimited data.

Only remotely rational reason I've heard so far is that VZW wants to add more bloatware, but I think they could do that with a update push at some point. It does sound like the LTE hiccup is probably the culprit - you don't want to release a high-end 4G phone with the network a bit under the weather as that's sure to generate plenty of unhappy customers, questions and returns (because the majority of buyers of the Nexus aren't going to buy for the reason we are, they'll just prefer it over the RAZR/Rezound/Bionic for whatever reason).
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    really....the tipster played around with the phone and was really impressed? seeing as how thats a non functioning demo phone I doubt he could get THAT impressed by it....notice in little words...the images are simulated and subject to change...kinda gives it away that its a demo phone. im still wishing it would release already..but i wont be able to get one...aint spending $700 on a phone...and no upgrade until next october
    dtdlurch and akhenax like this.
  6. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    Got 3 upgrades next month so hurry up and release already so I can see which phone has the least problems before I decide what to get.
  7. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    samsung something or other
    I actually got my hands on the Galaxy nexus yesterday in the Verizon store! Sweet little phone! It was not for sale yet, but the guy at the store let me play with it. Said he couldn't tell me when it was for sale, but they obviously have them stocked and the sales people are learning them! It is not for me, but i am sure people will love this phone. ICS is beautiful. I will buy the Bionic and wait for the ICS upgrade because that is in my price range right now, but all the rest of you have fun with the Galaxy Nexus!!
  8. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    403 times
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    I may have to look at the Bionic closely and decide if the other phones really are worth $100 more. Unless you watch a lot of video on your phone (and for the life of me, I don't know why people do) I think that favors the Bionic over the RAZR and Rezound. The camera in the Nexus might be worth $100 over the Bionic.
  9. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    14 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    It seems the sim card issues with the LTE radio are a bigger problem than what Sammy and Google had anticipated and still don't have it 100% yet. This 4G has been a problem with a lot of phones since the beginning of the year. Thunderbolt, Bionic, etc... I'd rather wait a few more days than pick up a phone with some serious software issues. I just hope the fix isn't a band aid the lowers performance for the sake of reliability. That will be disappointing.
    DDROIDJ and combatmedic870 like this.
  10. Team Sourcery
    Member #
    Liked
    131 times
    Phone
    Sourcerized GN
    DroidForums.net Developer
    Verizon is making it really hard to like them...
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Links