DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: [Updated] Hands-On Friday Quick Preview Pic With In-Stock VZW Samsung Galaxy Nexus

1. Beta Team
    Member #
    Liked
    450 times
    Phone
    The GALAXY NEXUS
    Quote Originally Posted by Chizzele View Post
    Verizon is making it really hard to like them...
    But they're making it really easy to hate them...
  2. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    Phone
    Galaxy SIII
    A single picture of the phone - nothing we haven't seen before - is an "exclusive hands-on" ?

At least here is an entire gallery: Ultimate Verizon 4G LTE Galaxy Nexus Gallery (Updated) – Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog
  3. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Quote Originally Posted by kodiak799 View Post
    I may have to look at the Bionic closely and decide if the other phones really are worth $100 more. Unless you watch a lot of video on your phone (and for the life of me, I don't know why people do) I think that favors the Bionic over the RAZR and Rezound. The camera in the Nexus might be worth $100 over the Bionic.
    Of the 4g phones out now on Verizon I think it is safe to say that the Rezound has the best camera, not really even close from what I've seen/experienced having had both the Razr and Rezound in my house. The zero shutter-lag is being marketed as more value that I think it is, the Rezound is really quick, but also takes really great photos, video is no slouch either, but I felt the Razr had a bit better vibration reduction in the video shots but pictures were lacking.

That said, I'm taking my "rented" Rezound back for the Nexus as soon as it is available and have a nice contact at the VZW store that will hold one for me. Nice enough to text me when they arrived this week, now if they would just let me pick one up!
    Member #
    Liked
    16 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    Come on!! I'm sorry Droid Forum admins, but this is getting annoying now. 1 picture with no useful information other than someone touched it and it still needs to come out. Samsung or Verizon must be paying you guys good.
  5. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    206 times
    Phone
    OG D1/G-Nex
    Quote Originally Posted by Raverrevolution View Post
    Come on!! I'm sorry Droid Forum admins, but this is getting annoying now. 1 picture with no useful information other than someone touched it and it still needs to come out. Samsung or Verizon must be paying you guys good.
    What do the admins have to do with this? News team is trying to keep up with this confusing phone. Lets not point fingers because everyone is doing the best they can. VZ doesn't even know what its doing yet alone the peeps trying to get a handle on it. If you want no info til its officially out then just dont come to the forum.... Throwing bribery insults is quite unnecessary (Illogical as well since just about every tech site and forum is also covering this phone so Vz would be putting out a lot of money if they did bribe people to keep it up in the news. . Also wouldn't make sense to bribe then give bad info to frustrate people.)
    dgstorm and DudeTotally like this.
    Turtle bit me.I thought they were slow....they snap so fast. ................. <3
  6. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    178 times
    Phone
    Moto X
    Quote Originally Posted by ilikemoneygreen View Post
    What do the admins have to do with this? News team is trying to keep up with this confusing phone. Lets not point fingers because everyone is doing the best they can. VZ doesn't even know what its doing yet alone the peeps trying to get a handle on it. If you want no info til its officially out then just dont come to the forum.... Throwing bribery insults is quite unnecessary (Illogical as well since just about every tech site and forum is also covering this phone so Vz would be putting out a lot of money if they did bribe people to keep it up in the news. . Also wouldn't make sense to bribe then give bad info to frustrate people.)
    Well, I wouldn't put this on the front screen/home page. Plus, it's a demo unit with a simulated image. Not really news worthy IMHO. I'm as excited (soon becoming frustrated) like the next man, but the title "[Exclusive] Hands-On Friday Quick Preview Pic With In-Stock VZW Samsung Galaxy Nexus" is a little suspect. Maybe it should be "Verizon getting Nexus demo shell's ready for retail stores"
    Phone History: Moto Startac > LG VX6000 > Moto e815 > LG Voyager > Moto D R O I D > GALAXY NEXUS > Moto X
    Rockin': Moto X w/ Root!
    Clockin': Nada

Free Wifi Tether w/o Root
  7. Editor in Chief
    Member #
    Liked
    2060 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Detonation View Post
    A single picture of the phone - nothing we haven't seen before - is an "exclusive hands-on" ?

At least here is an entire gallery: Ultimate Verizon 4G LTE Galaxy Nexus Gallery (Updated) – Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog
    We do the best with the resources we have brutha! Our source took a big risk to her job to bring us the one picture we got, and we thought you would at least like to see it.

I realize there are some blogs that focus more on grabbing the attention getting headlines than we do, but DroidForums.net is the best community for a combination of folks. We bring together developers, modders, Android-fans, and regular users. We provide a fantastic place where you can receive and discuss far more information than just a few news stories.

We are constantly striving to improve the news on the site and bring you more and more interesting news across the web everyday. In fact, just a year ago, we wouldn't have even had a pic like the one in the story. Still, I appreciate your feedback, and want you to know that we will work extra hard in the future to bring you more relevant and up to date news. Thanks for being a part of the best Droid community on the web, and thanks for your input!
  8. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    motorola droid
    Quote Originally Posted by kodiak799 View Post
    I doubt VZW really is putting much thought into what a very tiny percent of its user base thinks. Truth be told, most of the people complaining on here aren't going anywhere because they aren't about to give up their unlimited data.

Only remotely rational reason I've heard so far is that VZW wants to add more bloatware, but I think they could do that with a update push at some point. It does sound like the LTE hiccup is probably the culprit - you don't want to release a high-end 4G phone with the network a bit under the weather as that's sure to generate plenty of unhappy customers, questions and returns (because the majority of buyers of the Nexus aren't going to buy for the reason we are, they'll just prefer it over the RAZR/Rezound/Bionic for whatever reason).
    I'm reposting my own comment from a different thread:

This seems like most illogical of all possible explanations. The two most plausible are, A) shipping, they didn't get them all out to stores in time, possible, but still less likely than, B) they were still having 4G issues with the firmware, and the massive LTE outage this week. Verizon just released a firmware update for the Bionic to fix 4G issues, the massive 4G outage this week was probably from an update to the 4G system, (meant to ready it for the big 4G sale this weekend). You wouldn't want to be selling all these 4G phones/tabs when their 4G software wasn't ready.

Say you have a bunch of 4G stuff ready to ship already, you have a big sale planned, and you have one device running a totally new version of Android, with no real field testing yet, ( I mean mass release test results, totally different from QA testing). (Assuming the rumor of needing to get ICS 4.1 ready for the GN to fix 4G problems), which product do you delay? Do you delay the 10-12 GB/HC devices that are ready to go, to fix one ICS device, or do you make sure all your GB/HC devices are working properly and followup with the ICS asap? They haven't really even advertised the GN yet, and everything on sale this weekend has been receiving advertising.

I want the GN as bad as anyone else here. My OG Droid is starting to falter, but let's quit jumping to conclusion based on BS speculation, and put a little bit of logic and reasoning into it. All the pieces are there, to make this the more plausible situation. Or some combination of these two.
    dgstorm and DudeTotally like this.
  9. Developer Relations
    Member #
    Liked
    361 times
    Twitter
    DroidForums
    Phone
    [MDK] S4
    Premium Member
    I called Best Buy earlier and was told it's slated for Sunday unless something changes - fingers crossed

10. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    401 times
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    Quote Originally Posted by bemenaker View Post
    They haven't really even advertised the GN yet, and everything on sale this weekend has been receiving advertising.
    Yet all signs point to this phone being planned to release today. You can't pull advertising on that short of notice, so clearly they've been planning to launch it with little to no advertising initially. An unlocked phone with virtually no bloatware might not be something VZW has any intention of pushing, relative to the RAZR, Rezound and others. They don't make money on phones and don't really care what you buy, as long as you buy a phone requiring a data contract. Honestly, I think the RAZR/Rezound/Bionic are more appealing to non-geeks and the geeks don't need promotion/advertising for this.
    Last edited by kodiak799; 12-09-2011 at 12:59 PM.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Links