With all eyes focused on the Galaxy Nexus and RAZR lately, you might have thought the Bionic was left was for dead. That's not the case at all, Verizon has a major update coming out soon for the Droid Bionic that should patch a number of bugs and add some additional features. If you receive this update, be sure to sound off on in the Droid Bionic Forum
Check out the complete list below:
Email, Messaging & Data
- Improved stability of data connection on 3G and 4G.
- Fixed lockup that could occur while browsing during the handoff from Wi-Fi to 4G.
- “Data Roaming” pop-up message will display once when roaming in CDMA internationally.
- Jump to the most recent message after changing the device orientation while in message list view.
- The number of devices supported by Mobile Hotspot has increased to 8.
- Fixes have been deployed to keep the device from becoming stuck on a black screen and requiring a battery pull to recover.
- Improvements in device stability help avoid device power cycles.
- When connected to a Bluetooth® headset or HDMI cable, the device will no longer lock up and power cycle.
- Improved cold SIM card activation speed.
- “Low memory” warnings when using the Lapdock™ have been reduced.
- An improvement to the camera’s auto focus will reduce the shutter response time and enhance the quality of captured imagery.
- During Location Based Service setup, a Location Privacy message will display.
- Fixed issue where the device would automatically power back up after being powered down.
- The following Lapdock updates were made:
- • Improved stability.
- • The display will not turn off after use.
- • The calling screen will no longer be recreated, improving performance.
- • Reduced frequency of the “Low Memory” warning message
- Use a wired headset without the interruption of a high pitched tone.
- Volume on the “Low Battery” alert tone has been lowered while user is on a call.
- Within the notification area, the Visual Voice Mail alert stating the server is not responding after a power-up has been removed.
Applications & Widgets
- Playback media can be heard while using a Bluetooth headset.
- Place a call to the appropriate recipient using the Contact widget.
- Improvements in the use of the Messaging application.
- After updating the contact database from the Messaging App, the Messaging UI will display the latest contact information.
- When moving applications to the SD card, shortcuts to these Apps will remain.
- Properly post and play videos to Facebook.
- Fixed issue causing apps to disappear from the app tray when moved to the SD card.
- Ringtones purchased from the Verizon media store can now be saved to the device.
- Apps can now be launched from the “Recent” menu in the app tray.
Thanks for the tip, Nathan