DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: [Updated] Galaxy Nexus Delayed...Again

1. Super Moderator/RS
    Member #
    Liked
    40 times
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    Premium Member
    I truly do not understand how VZW is allowing these issues to continue. Sprint seems to have arrived at a solution!
    Forgive your enemies it messes with their minds!
  2. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    103 times
    Phone
    OG Droid UD 3.0 -- GB :)
    Quote Originally Posted by smokiedabong View Post
    I don't think this is true , only during last year I personally went to the Verizon store with 12 people and told them what phones to buy . I also moved 3 of my friends from Verizon to Sprint and each one had 3 lines , that's 9 lines taken from VZ . They are happier with Sprint cause they pay less and the speeds are way better , Sprint has 4G and better signal in their area and VZ doesn't . Also I'm an IT consultant for a company , guess who decides what phones the employees get to be setup on their network . I also talk to a lot of people about phones. I believe other technical people like me are also asked for their opinion when one of their friends wants to buy a new phone so I think we geeks are more than 1% of their sales .
    I dunno, even if us forumers were more then 1%, I don't see it being a huge number over 1%. Maybe 2 or 3%? While that's nothing to scoff at, the truth of the matter is more customers are going to be swayed by a commercial that says "your smartphone remembers what you do and learns from it" or whatever crap they're saying about the RAZR, then them saying "pure android". ICS really is a selling point only for us here because we know about it. If you ask the average user they wont have a clue what ICS is (or what a Nexus is for that matter).

The truth of the matter is, the group who want the Nexus are a negligible group to Verizon. I don't know the reason the phone is being delayed, whether its to unload RAZRs and Rezounds, or because there's something wrong with the phone itself (doubtful considering every 4G phone has had an issue), or because this was Verizon's plan all along. What I do know is VZW isn't just haphazardly delaying the phone to piss people off. They're a multi-billion dollar corporation, I give them a little bit more credit then they just felt like delaying something for no possible reason.
    Google Interview Q&A

Apple CEO, Verizon COO
  3. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    83 times
    Phone
    Moto X
    Quote Originally Posted by Malvado View Post
    This article was written because Verizon made an announcement. Check out the CNET article.
    The only thing that cnet article claims VZW stated is that "We haven't officially announced a launch date for the Galaxy Nexus". Am I missing something in the article? What announcement are you talking about?
  4. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    Brigade, Droid 4
    Verizon is just trying to get rid of their 3G stock of phones in warehouses by putting doubt in peoples minds about 4G. By January they'll flip the 4G switch back to ON and everyone will beatch about buying a 3G phone. I read it on the internet so it must be true!

"It was the multi-coloured presentation that drew me in."
  5. Theme Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    90 times
    Twitter
    THE_Yakitori
    Phone
    TBolt, D1
    DroidForums.net Theme Developer
    Premium Member
    this delay is NOT because of bugs.

Verizon never gave a crap about bugs. Thunderbolt is perfect example of that. OTA ....reboots....verizon just told people they are aware of it...and the next update took months. Finally the next OTA comes out....but guess what....HTC's source kernel = reboots. Although not as widespread.

Verizon doesnt care about bugs. They care about money. If there is any delay its not to squash "critical" bugs...its because google wants google wallet on the phone...and verizon wont put it there. Trust me...Verizon's focus has NEVER been about customer satisfaction or giving customers what they want...its about money in their pockets.

Many people buying smart phones are clueless about them. In fact...Id say MOST people are. We are a small percentage of customer base. Id say MOST people dont even know what a galaxy nexus is. Why would verizon announce it. They are not concerned about the 0.5% a customers who actually know more about their phones than they do...they cater to the mass of smartphone ignorant people. These people wouldnt be able to tell you the difference between a charge and a nexus. Thats the folks vzw wants to sell to.
    Last edited by yakitori; 12-08-2011 at 08:25 AM.
  6. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    90 times
    Phone
    Moto RazR HD
    Then why is VZW even carrying this phone? I mean, it only caters to a small percentage of the Android fan base. And the main allure to it is that it is straight Google, no delays, no bloat, no red tape.

So by taking the phone, delaying it, adding bloat, adding red tape, etc... What's the point? If all VZW cares about is the money, how does this accomplish that?
  7. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    42 times
    Phone
    GSM Note 3, Note 2, Galaxy S3
    Premium Member
    These repeated delays of the Galaxy Nexus are precisely why I switched all three of my lines from Verizon to AT&T back in March. I got sick of waiting for Verizon to release the Thunderbolt and went out and got an HTC Inspire 4G, and I've had no regrets.

-Mike
    GSM Galaxy Note 3 (Black) - Straight Stock
    GSM Galaxy Note 2 (Titanium) - Rooted running Jedi X20 Rom
    GSM Galaxy Nexus (Black) - Straight Stock

GSM Samsung Galaxy S3 (Red) - Rooted running Deadly Venom v8.0.1 Rom

8. Theme Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    90 times
    Twitter
    THE_Yakitori
    Phone
    TBolt, D1
    DroidForums.net Theme Developer
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SquireSCA View Post
    Then why is VZW even carrying this phone? I mean, it only caters to a small percentage of the Android fan base. And the main allure to it is that it is straight Google, no delays, no bloat, no red tape.

So by taking the phone, delaying it, adding bloat, adding red tape, etc... What's the point? If all VZW cares about is the money, how does this accomplish that?

Money, but i already mentioned that. The phone itself doesnt cater to a small percentage. The phone can be used and purchased by ANYONE. Features sell. My point is...on a small percentage of us who actually know a lot about our phones...and actually use features that are offered are following the nexus. Its certainly not an extremely advertised phone. Have you seen ads that appeal to the ordinary user? I havent. Nobody said anything about bloat. The problem is likely google wallet. Verizon ATT and Tmobile supposedly have worked on a payment system for mobile that is in the likes of Gwallet. They apparently are not wanting Gwallet included on the phone as it is direct competition with isis (when its finished Im assuming). However...google is first to market with this system...and a delay because of that reason is NOT because they care about their customers....its greed and politics about revenue potential.
    Last edited by yakitori; 12-08-2011 at 09:10 AM.
  9. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    90 times
    Phone
    Moto RazR HD
    Quote Originally Posted by yakitori View Post
    Money, but i already mentioned that.
    But you won't make as much money when a phone is delayed and you can't sell it, and if when it does go on sale you removed half of the reasons why anyone would even want that particular device(no delays, pure google, no bloat, etc...)
  10. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    19 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by akhenax View Post
    Don't believe the hype.

Attachment 43308
    LUNCH date? ? ?
Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Links