DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: [Updated] Galaxy Nexus Delayed...Again

1. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    476 times
    Twitter
    Trusstopher
    Phone
    G-Nex
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tp76 View Post
    I'd rather make my purchase at Best Buy, that's good news - although Best Buy opens at 10 Verizon at 9
    I'm just happy that I'm not on the East Coast... that way, no matter what happens, I can wake up and check on here and I will know for sure if people have been buying them or not before the stores here have even opened.
    If you always seem to have drama in your life, you are probably the one causing the drama.
    If customer service representatives or restaurant servers always seem to be rude to you, you are probably the one being rude.
    If your computer always seems to be freezing up on you, you're probably doing something wrong.

In my experience, drama begets drama, rudeness begets rudeness, and ineptitude begets ineptitude.
  2. Developer Relations
    Member #
    Liked
    361 times
    Twitter
    DroidForums
    Phone
    [MDK] S4
    Premium Member
    Yeah, that's a bonus

3. Team Sourcery
    Member #
    Liked
    131 times
    Phone
    Sourcerized GN
    DroidForums.net Developer
    Same bonus for me
  4. Developer Relations
    Member #
    Liked
    361 times
    Twitter
    DroidForums
    Phone
    [MDK] S4
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Chizzele View Post
    Same bonus for me
    I'll let you guys know how it is

5. Theme Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    90 times
    Twitter
    THE_Yakitori
    Phone
    TBolt, D1
    DroidForums.net Theme Developer
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SquireSCA View Post
    But you won't make as much money when a phone is delayed and you can't sell it, and if when it does go on sale you removed half of the reasons why anyone would even want that particular device(no delays, pure google, no bloat, etc...)
    Im not talking about making money off of selling the phone. Im talking about negotiations with google about the mobile pay feature. If verizon could NOT include Gwallet and implement ISIS...sure...delaying sales now would end up making them more money down the road.

In my opinion many buyers may not even know what bloat is. They just now it has preinstalled apps. Being vanilla/pure google is not a selling point that is going to win the hearts of the typical consumer strolling into a storefront. Ive seen verizon salesmen pitch the hell out of the Iphone when it first came to verizon....even though there were much better phones in the store. Ive seen them actually steer customers who were looking and playing with an android phone away from it toward the iphone and how its the "best" phone they have now. And the customers just this epiphany look in their eyes...."wow.....BEST phone". Start talking about features...most people will start yawning.

Then there's us....give us the phone...NOW. :P I dont care whats going on with it. If there WAS any bugs to squash...google will fix it quickly....or the dev community.
  6. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    90 times
    Phone
    Moto RazR HD
    Serious question here...

Knowing that already they have had some hardware issues... Knowing that VZW has put some bloat on it, and that going forward, you will NOT get "pure Google" without delays, that updates will have to go through VZW(and you know how that goes, present situation a prime example)... Knowing that it is not really faster than the Razr or Rezound, etc... Knowing that certain things like Google Wallet will be missing, knowing that the Nexus won't work like a USB Mass Storage device because it has only internal storage, etc...

What at this point is the real appeal of it? If it isn't faster, if it doesn't have more features, if it has issues and if you still have to wait on VZW to release code with bloat, what is the real advantage?

is getting ICS a month before your friends really worth it?
  7. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    103 times
    Phone
    OG Droid UD 3.0 -- GB :)
    Serious question here...

Knowing that already they have had some hardware issues... Knowing that VZW has put some bloat on it, and that going forward, you will NOT get "pure Google" without delays, that updates will have to go through VZW(and you know how that goes, present situation a prime example)... Knowing that it is not really faster than the Razr or Rezound, etc... Knowing that certain things like Google Wallet will be missing, knowing that the Nexus won't work like a USB Mass Storage device because it has only internal storage, etc...

What at this point is the real appeal of it? If it isn't faster, if it doesn't have more features, if it has issues and if you still have to wait on VZW to release code with bloat, what is the real advantage?

No chance any other phone will have ICS a month after this one haha. But that being said, I think its appealing to a lot of people here cuz it's open. Do what you want with it, run whatever software you want on it etc. No restrictions.

Also, it's still going to get updates from Google, there won't be any 5 month delays between updates.
    Google Interview Q&A

Apple CEO, Verizon COO
  8. DF News Team
    Member #
    Liked
    150 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tp76 View Post
    I'd rather make my purchase at Best Buy, that's good news - although Best Buy opens at 10 Verizon at 9
    What Best Buy do you go to??? Our store opens at 9 for the holidays
  9. DF News Team
    Member #
    Liked
    150 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Premium Member
    Serious question here...

I hardly think of My Verizon and Back Assistant as bloat. Just disable them if you don't use them but a lot of people do.
  10. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    Brigade, Droid 4
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkbird View Post
    Okay guys so just to give you an update. We got them in stock today. I'm off so I can't go sneaking a pic but I'll try on Saturday.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums
    Need a pic as proof or it didn't happen - LOL!
    "It was the multi-coloured presentation that drew me in."
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Links