DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: [Rumor] Verizon Samsung Galaxy Nexus Coming to Best Buy December 11th

1. Editor in Chief
    Member #
    Liked
    2056 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Premium Member

[Rumor] Verizon Samsung Galaxy Nexus Coming to Best Buy December 11th

The above screenshot of an internal Best Buy database, seems to indicate that the retailer will not be getting the Verizon Samsung Galaxy Nexus in-stock until December 11th. This seems to fly in the face of the many rumors suggesting a December 8th or 9th launch; however, it is possible that Verizon worked out a deal to launch from their home stores a few days earlier than thrid party retailers.

However, it's also possible that this pic is a fake. The Engadget article that posted this pic points out that the specs on this SCH-i515, are a bit different than the original specs as listed on the Google spec pages; 9.34mm versus 9.47mm and 140g instead of 150g. Still, they weren't ready to call it out just yet. As is usual, we will just have to wait and see for now...

Source: Engadget

3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    100 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    I welcome everyone to our new home till Dec 11 , when a new release date will be announced , till then have fun in this thread .
    Last edited by smokiedabong; 12-01-2011 at 10:30 AM.
  4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Charge (broken)
    I just hope I like it better than the 4S that I'm holding. And I hope it comes to Verizon first because I'm currently taking advantage of the holidays return policy with the iPhone. If the GNexus kills it then I'll be getting it.
    Needs a Nexus Prime because the iPhone screen is way too tiny
  5. RS Lead
    Member #
    Liked
    1040 times
    Phone
    Galaxy s4
    Premium Member
    Got my fingers crossed for an earlier release on Verizon
  6. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Synack View Post
    I just hope I like it better than the 4S that I'm holding. And I hope it comes to Verizon first because I'm currently taking advantage of the holidays return policy with the iPhone. If the GNexus kills it then I'll be getting it.
    Just an FYI, I went in to a Verizon store and asked about the new return policy for the holidays. It only applies to unused/non-activated phones. If you activate the phone, it's still the normal 14 day return policy with the restocking fee. The holiday return policy is there for phones that are given as gifts basically. Hope you're still within your 14 days.
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    Phone
    Galaxy SIII
    In stock date (screenshot) does not necessarily mean street date. From the source article:

The image above, supposedly taken from a Best Buy inventory system, lists the SCH-i515 as hitting the stock room on December 11th of 2011. What it doesn't list, however, is a street date. The phones could go on sale that day, or the next or a week later -- it's really all just guesswork
  8. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    149 times
    Phone
    D1>D2>Inc2>Rez>Nexus>S3>IP5
    Quote Originally Posted by chikimonke View Post
    Just an FYI, I went in to a Verizon store and asked about the new return policy for the holidays. It only applies to unused/non-activated phones. If you activate the phone, it's still the normal 14 day return policy with the restocking fee. The holiday return policy is there for phones that are given as gifts basically. Hope you're still within your 14 days.
    I dont think this is correct. I asked the manager of the store when i was buying my rezound and he told me i would be able to return it until the january 15th. used or not.
    EDIT
    VVV
    I just called again and confirmed that at least at the store i purchased mine at, I can return my USED Rezound until the 15th of January for only the restocking fee and go to any phone i like.
    Last edited by combatmedic870; 12-01-2011 at 02:25 PM.
    Nexus 7 2 4.3 PA
    Unlocked and ROM'ed Note 3!!!!!

Links