DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Amazon Kindle Fire Gets CyanogenMod 7; Still Early and Rough, but Running

1. Editor in Chief
    Member #
    Liked
    2060 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Premium Member

Amazon Kindle Fire Gets CyanogenMod 7; Still Early and Rough, but Running

One of the modders over at XDA, JackpotClavin, was able to get CyanogenMod 7 up and running on his rooted Amazon Kindle Fire. It's still in the early stages and is running fairly rough according to his feedback. Here's a quote from theVerge article,
    Wi-Fi is operational, but the tablet's touchscreen controller is interpreting input incorrectly, which is rather slowing down testing on what else might or might not work.
    How many of you guys want to get this tablet just to play around with modding it?

Source: Kindle-FireForum via TheVerge and XDA
  2. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    36 times
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    My mom and my sister are getting one. I didnt pay attention to the Kindle Fire until then but I still really dont know whats so cool about it.
    I scream! You scream! We all scream for ICE CREAM SANDWICH!
  3. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    206 times
    Phone
    OG D1/G-Nex
    Mine just came in but cant open it til the 25.
    Turtle bit me.I thought they were slow....they snap so fast. ................. <3
  4. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Twitter
    zecpull
    Phone
    Bionic and Rezond switching

Why??

I am wondering why mod it? .. it does not come with a Bunch of Junk.. it is a really fast Web Browser, It plays Video, Reads any document sent to it. Comes with a Free month of Amazon Prime to watch Free Videos, It is also a great Reader, and music player, and runs almost all Android apps..? What more is to gain my Modding it and losing the Free stuff? I mean more power to you, But it is better than most tablets already, and Far better than anything in the Under $200 range. If you could Mod it to have GPS, and LTE... Or add an SD slot, then I might be interested.
  5. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    206 times
    Phone
    OG D1/G-Nex
    Quote Originally Posted by Zecpull View Post
    I am wondering why mod it? .. it does not come with a Bunch of Junk.. it is a really fast Web Browser, It plays Video, Reads any document sent to it. Comes with a Free month of Amazon Prime to watch Free Videos, It is also a great Reader, and music player, and runs almost all Android apps..? What more is to gain my Modding it and losing the Free stuff? I mean more power to you, But it is better than most tablets already, and Far better than anything in the Under $200 range. If you could Mod it to have GPS, and LTE... Or add an SD slot, then I might be interested.
    Android market....
    Turtle bit me.I thought they were slow....they snap so fast. ................. <3
  6. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid 2 Global
    It does not come with the android market. The only freebie you mentioned was watch videos with amazon prime...and thats only for a month, so whats so great about that? If you want to watch video there is always the ability to purchase Netflix or Amazon and continue to watch videos after adding CM7. As for the e-reader and music player, CM7 will not render these things useless. You just have to download Kindle App form the market and you can grab a music player of your choice on the market.
    How to SBF your D2G in Windows!
    How to SBF your D2G in Linux!

Retired Devices:Last Used Rom
    Motorola Backflip : Cyanogenmod 7
    Droid 2 Global : AOKP Build 39
    Current Device:Current Roms
    Droid Razr Maxx HD : Fuzion

I do NOT offer help through PM. Sorry!
  7. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Twitter
    zecpull
    Phone
    Bionic and Rezond switching
    I have one.. and I would Not mess with it. It works great.. There are Thousands of apps on Amazon.. and Prime is WAY cheaper that netflix. You can also have netflix without mod.. I have it. Every App I have ever gotten from Amazon was in my Cloud account..including all the app of the Day Free apps.. So as soon as I opened it , I could instantly add them. Even the ones I had Bought on my Droid were there to add to my Fire.
    Every MP3 that was Ever bought or gotten free from Amazon was available to add. Prime also adds Thousands of Free Books in the Prime Library, I was a Prime member before my Fire, and it is worth it because of the Free 2 day shipping. I am just saying it is a great Tablet without Modding it. The web browser is Fast, and You are not limited to Amazon Only videos. It plays You Tube.. and I added videos from ,my Phone and camera. I am still learning all it will do. But it is a great MP3 player... with head phones. Built in speakers are weak.. like the phones. I have already downloaded Top Gear Season 17 .. and have watched one it was great on the Fire.
  8. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    droid
    Because we can
  9. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    206 times
    Phone
    OG D1/G-Nex
    I have one.. and I would Not mess with it. It works great.. There are Thousands of apps on Amazon.. and Prime is WAY cheaper that netflix. You can also have netflix without mod.. I have it. Every App I have ever gotten from Amazon was in my Cloud account..including all the app of the Day Free apps.. So as soon as I opened it , I could instantly add them. Even the ones I had Bought on my Droid were there to add to my Fire.
    Every MP3 that was Ever bought or gotten free from Amazon was available to add. Prime also adds Thousands of Free Books in the Prime Library, I was a Prime member before my Fire, and it is worth it because of the Free 2 day shipping. I am just saying it is a great Tablet without Modding it. The web browser is Fast, and You are not limited to Amazon Only videos. It plays You Tube.. and I added videos from ,my Phone and camera. I am still learning all it will do. But it is a great MP3 player... with head phones. Built in speakers are weak.. like the phones. I have already downloaded Top Gear Season 17 .. and have watched one it was great on the Fire.
    It sounds like YOU pair great with Amazon. Stock is perfect for you it sounds that's the beauty of the whole situation. Customising it to your needs. Me personally i like Roms, android market, different themes, different launchers, i like it how i like it. Im glad to see you like it right out of the box, that should save you a lot of time.
  10. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Phone
    HTC One M8
    Quote Originally Posted by benb1974 View Post
    Because we can
    Such is Android.

Well played
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links