DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ilikemoneygreen

Thread: Analyst Predicts Amazon May Sell as Many as 12 Million Kindle Fires Next Year

1. Editor in Chief
    Member #
    Liked
    2079 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Premium Member

Analyst Predicts Amazon May Sell as Many as 12 Million Kindle Fires Next Year

Citigroup analyst Mark Mahaney believes that the current incredible success of the Amazon Kindle Fire will likely continue into next year in a big way. So far, almost all predictions, even from Amazon themselves, is that the device will sell about 5 Million units by the end of the 4th quarter of this year. Mahaney predicts that the Kindle Fire will sell up to 12 Million units in 2012. If that happens, in just a year's time, Amazon will have captured 15% of the tablet market and generated about $3.2 Billion in revenue. The main reason Mr. Mahaney thinks that the tab will be such a runaway success is because he calls it an, “unmatched content cross-sell opportunity.”

Source: Kindle-FireForum via BGR
  2. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    206 times
    Phone
    OG D1/G-Nex
    i like that blanket.
    Javaknight likes this.
    Turtle bit me.I thought they were slow....they snap so fast. ................. <3
  3. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Twitter
    zecpull
    Phone
    Bionic and Rezond switching

Kindle Fire is amazing

I believe Amazon will sell as many as they can make.. I bought one on Preorder and got it a day before they were released. Amazon is also including a Month of Free Prime membership with the Fire. Even at Full Price Prime is worth it. Prime gives all Fire owners Free Streaming Video, and thousands of free Kindle Library books. It is a great Android also, and all the Apps I had already bought ( Or got free as Amazon as a free app of the day ) were all waiting for my Fire if I wanted them. Also any MP3 Album I had boughten was also in my Cloud, and easily added to my fire. I am very impressed so far, and it is also a very fast Web Browser.. I Expect Amazon to come out with a 4g/Lte version next year.. with Verizon.. and it could go to 25% of Tablets ..

Links