Equipped with Stylish Form Factor, the Samsung Illusion is Made from Post Consumer Material and Has Attained UL Platinum Rating
BASKING RIDGE, N.J. – Verizon Wireless and Samsung Telecommunications America (Samsung Mobile) today announced the Samsung Illusion™ will be available online at Cell Phones - Smartphones: Cell Phone Service, Accessories - Verizon Wireless
beginning Nov. 23 for $79.99 with a new two-year customer agreement. The Illusion will be available for free with a new two-year customer agreement between Thursday, Nov. 24 and Monday, Nov. 28 as a online promotion.
The sophisticated Samsung Illusion smartphone features a sleek form factor and is powered by the nation’s most reliable 3G wireless network. The Illusion boasts a 1GHz Samsung Hummingbird Application Processor, 3.0-megapixel camera, HTML Web browser, music player and integrated contacts, calendar and social networking applications, as well as access to more than 300,000 apps available to download from Android Market™.
Android 2.3™, Gingerbread– support for Google Mobile™ Services including Gmail™, YouTube™, Google Talk™, Google Search™ and Google Maps™
· SWYPE™ Technology – input text faster and in a more intuitive way with one continuous finger motion across the screen keyboard
· Unique curved-glass display
· Corporate email support for Microsoft Office Exchange® so customers can synchronize corporate email, contacts and calendars from their office email
· Full suite of messaging options, including text, picture and video messaging
Mobile Hotspot capability – share 3G connection with up to five Wi-Fi-enabled devices
· 6-axis accelerometer with compass
· Bluetooth® 3.0 technology – support for headset, hands-free, stereo, phonebook access and object push for vCard and vCalendar
· Wi-Fi Connectivity 802.11 a/b/g/n
microSD™ card slot with support for up to 32 GB (2 GB pre-installed)
Additional features – Designed with the environment in mind:
· UL Platinum Rating (Underwriters Laboratories) – the Samsung Illusion scored 84 out of 119 points to receive the “Platinum” UL rating
· Rear casing and battery cover are made from 70 percent post-consumer material and 35 percent of the front casing is post-consumer material
· Packaging made from bleach-free paper (post-consumer waste) and printed with vegetable ink
· Box material uses 60 percent recycled paper (post-consumer waste)
· High-efficiency charger with full-charge alarm
The Samsung Illusion will be available online at Cell Phones - Smartphones: Cell Phone Service, Accessories - Verizon Wireless
on Nov. 23, and will be available in Verizon Communications Stores in January 2012.
Customers that purchase a Samsung Illusion smartphone will need to subscribe to a Verizon Wireless Nationwide Talk plan beginning at $39.99 for monthly access and a smartphone data package starting at $30 monthly access for 2 GB of data.
For more information on the Samsung Illusion or for other Verizon Wireless products and services, visit a Verizon Wireless Communications Store, call 1-800-2 JOIN IN or go to Cell Phones - Smartphones: Cell Phone Service, Accessories - Verizon Wireless