DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Leaked Best Buy & Amazon Ads Show Galaxy Nexus as Nexus Prime; Verizon Pic Disputes

1. DF News Team
    Member #
    Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
    Liked
    158 times
    Twitter
    DroidNCState
    Phone
    Galaxy Note 3
    Premium Member
    I do not care what they call it!!! I would like to call it mine!!!!
    Follow Me On Twitter DroidNCState
    Proverbs 3:5-6 5Trust in the LORD with all your heart And do not lean on your own understanding.6In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He will make your paths straight.
  2. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    I think all name fuss comes down to Samsung, Verizon and Google fighting over who gets "branding" rights.

At this point, "Galaxy", "Nexus" and "Droid" are all brand names that each company wants associated with the phone. Verizon loses because its gonna be a pure ICS phone with no bloatware.... so "Droid" gets dropped from the argument.

Now, Samsung probably argues they have what may be the top brand competitor to the iphone in the name of "Galaxy" and Google argues, that "Nexus" has become the name of cutting edge Android... neither one of them want their brand names left off the phone... so there's the rub. Galaxy Nexus vs Nexus Prime vs blah blah blah...

I am sure that the "S" in the Nexus S was Samsung's doing more than Googles... and now that the Galaxy brand has become even more successful with the SII... they don't want simply an addendum... they want credit for the whole damn phone.

Whose right? Whose wrong? Idk... but they better hurry before I break down and buy a razr. Specs be damned, the razr is a cool ass phone.

def
  3. Beta Team
    Member #
    Liked
    450 times
    Phone
    The GALAXY NEXUS
    Quote Originally Posted by dug-e-fresh View Post
    I think all name fuss comes down to Samsung, Verizon and Google fighting over who gets "branding" rights.

At this point, "Galaxy", "Nexus" and "Droid" are all brand names that each company wants associated with the phone. Verizon loses because its gonna be a pure ICS phone with no bloatware.... so "Droid" gets dropped from the argument.

Now, Samsung probably argues they have what may be the top brand competitor to the iphone in the name of "Galaxy" and Google argues, that "Nexus" has become the name of cutting edge Android... neither one of them want their brand names left off the phone... so there's the rub. Galaxy Nexus vs Nexus Prime vs blah blah blah...

I am sure that the "S" in the Nexus S was Samsung's doing more than Googles... and now that the Galaxy brand has become even more successful with the SII... they don't want simply an addendum... they want credit for the whole damn phone.

Whose right? Whose wrong? Idk... but they better hurry before I break down and buy a razr. Specs be damned, the razr is a cool ass phone.

def
    You're reading far too much into this. The name was decided many months ago and to consider the Best Buy ad as anything more than a mistake or fake would be ridiculous.

Sent from my Droid
  4. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by sbenson View Post
    You're reading far too much into this. The name was decided many months ago and to consider the Best Buy ad as anything more than a mistake or fake would be ridiculous.

Sent from my Droid
    lol, ok. Thanks for the enlightenment I always forget how trivial naming a flagship product is.

def
  5. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    353 times
    Twitter
    JefFullerMyself
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    Here is another HUGE reason they can't call it the Prime, because Asus just announced their transformer prime tablet. They got the name first. There is no way you would have two somewhat similar products named the prime.
    Anytime someone dares me to walk a mile in their shoes I do it! Because, hey free shoes and I am now a mile away from that person!

Hatred is by far the ugliest trait any human can possess (think about it)
  6. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    Which could mean that Nexus Prime WAS a possibility squashed because they thought Asus would be first to market...

def
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links