DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: Galaxy Nexus Specs Updated - Back to 32GB of Storage!

1. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    198 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    Quote Originally Posted by bjorn65 View Post
    try Google music store, I have over 3000 songs on it. With 4 G it updates very quickly. However you can't beat the songs on your device just in case you have no signal.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums
    One of the problems I've always had with Google Music is it not loading music right. Like on my OG and even Bionic at times when I'm listening to a podcast randomly it will completely skip a bunch of it.

It's like they'll be talking about one thing, and all of a sudden it's something completely different. Yet there was no time.

So it's like:

"Yeah, the ReZound is pretty neat! I really liked the... WP7 needs cooler hardware. Hopefully Nokia can do something". If I look at the time it didn't jump or anything. Just going as if that's the way it was on the file.

Never had that issue on AmazonMP3.
  2. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    401 times
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    Quote Originally Posted by tjk629 View Post
    Never had that issue on AmazonMP3.
    I'm thinking of going with Amazon's cloud. For starters, $20 a year and I've already gotten more than that in free "paid" apps. But mainly I've been looking for a cheap storage solution for about 10gigs or so of data plus a library of 40+gigs of mp3's.

Problem with Google Music is I don't see an easy way to later download all my music if my hard drive were to crash. I suppose you can cache everything, but then I still have the other data I want to back-up. Dropbox would have been nice if I knew enough people that wanted to sign-up to get me the 10gigs of free storage.
  3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    45 times
    Twitter
    @NexusICS1978
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    Waaaaaaaaaa sniffle sniffle what it does have 32gb sniffle sniffle oh i feel better now

Samsung
    Galaxy Nexus
    Rom all of them
  4. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    95 times
    Phone
    RazrMaxx/Droid1(retired)/dinc2
    Quote Originally Posted by JSM9872 View Post
    Galaxy Nexus = Emotional Roller coaster
    GNERC......

GNERC official release....
    I like the sound...

posted tomorrow using the space time continuum app on my D1...
    JSM9872 likes this.

new server if any of my links are dead notify me, I got new links!
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Twitter
    CoFoltman84
    Phone
    One X...For now...
    I'm probably gonna catch crap for saying this...but the biggest fault of this phone is it is made by Samsung. Unless something changes. it will take forever to update to the 'J' version of Android. I know, that's probably not going to be until like Q2 2012, but it's what i worry about...of course rooting would solve that issue...

6. Developer Relations
    Member #
    Liked
    876 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Note 3
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CoFoltman84 View Post
    I'm probably gonna catch crap for saying this...but the biggest fault of this phone is it is made by Samsung. Unless something changes. it will take forever to update to the 'J' version of Android. I know, that's probably not going to be until like Q2 2012, but it's what i worry about...of course rooting would solve that issue...
    The only thing that makes me disagree with you is the fact that it is a Nexus device and the updates come from Google and not Samsung. I would be hesitant to buy any Samsung device, besides this one, due to lack of support from them. Obviously anything can happen but this is how it will work in theory.
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Twitter
    CoFoltman84
    Phone
    One X...For now...
    Quote Originally Posted by JSM9872 View Post
    The only thing that makes me disagree with you is the fact that it is a Nexus device and the updates come from Google and not Samsung. I would be hesitant to buy any Samsung device, besides this one, due to lack of support from them. Obviously anything can happen but this is how it will work in theory.
    if that theory actually happens, it will be a great phone.

8. Developer Relations
    Member #
    Liked
    876 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Note 3
    Premium Member
    if that theory actually happens, it will be a great phone.
    I am hoping, the updates from Google are a major selling point to me. Granted I will most likely be rooted and not receiving the OTAs anyway but it is the thought that counts lol.
  9. Beta Team
    Member #
    Liked
    450 times
    Phone
    The GALAXY NEXUS
    Crap coming your way for sure. The thought that a Nexus device, even one made by Samsung (this isn't a Touchwiz device) not getting updates is completely absurd. Once this device launches, Samsung is out of the picture. Google will handle this device's updates until they decide to EOL it, which will be minimum two years. That's two years of cutting edge updates. Every tweak, every bug fix, Jelly Bean OS will come to the Nexus before any other device sans the Nexus 4. The same can't be said for any other device line on the market. HTC and Samsung don't manage the updates for the Nexus One and S, Google does. HTC, Moto, Samsung, and LG, can't and won't promise timely updates because they have to figure out a way to wrap their skin around Android in a way that doesn't break it. THAT is the reason to buy a Nexus.
    Last edited by sbenson; 11-22-2011 at 07:41 AM.
  10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    33 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    The only thing that worries me about a Samsung phone is build quality... will it take being popped out of my belt clip and bouncing down 2 flights of concrete stairs, or being dropped out of my shirt pocket on a loading dock onto a steel ledge then hitting asphalt, or being dropped from the seat of a shopping cart onto a tile floor?

And coming away from that with only a few minor dings on the outer casing(naked droid).

That and the the bad radios that Samsung has produced in the past?

I really want this phone mainly for ICS and the Zero shutter lag on the camera (this camera has really been a disappointment on my droid).

Is it really worth giving up that build quality to have these two items which I may not have if it takes a spill?

I have paid for insurance for the last two years on my OG which I luckily haven't had to use because of the great build quality on it. It would be nice not to have that extra expense of insurance.

But I think I would need to keep it with the Sammy because I know just in the nature of my job it is going to get dropped sometime within the next two years.

Right now I will wait for the people that pick it up to see what they have to say about the radio on it I think that will be the deciding factor for me.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Links