DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Motorola Teaches You How to Use Smart Actions on the DROID RAZR - Saves Battery Life

1. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Phone
    OG Droid
    I would never EVER buy a phone without a removable battery.

*would rather buy a new batery than get a new to me refurbished (USED) phone.

*I like to carry around spare batteries for when I have no charger available.

*I would like to be able to turn off my phone completely, without the chance of someone being able to access it when I think it is powered off (conspiracy theory side of me).
  2. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    25 times
    Phone
    RAZR
    so without even giving the new devices any type of timeframe to even see how the batteries work..or dont....you guys have just written em off....talk about ludicrous....the iphone has always had a non-removable battery and the sales for those things are horrible...its called progress...
  3. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Droid A855
    Quote Originally Posted by vonfink13 View Post
    so without even giving the new devices any type of timeframe to even see how the batteries work..or dont....you guys have just written em off....talk about ludicrous....the iphone has always had a non-removable battery and the sales for those things are horrible...its called progress...
    Doesn't sound like progress to me! Besides battery life is what it is there has little new there and forward progress is slow in this field from the phones that are already on the market. Some steps are being made but you won't see any new strides for some time like with the new Kal-el chips and the potential of carrier wave sustained charging but the latter is even further off. That said, other than a ever so slight reduction in size there is little difference in battery longevity than what you'll find in the phone that you are using now. Couple that with the increased demands on the power supply like 4G and the drain of the new processors there is no way it will perform well! So if you are going to fault us then fault us for what we are! REALISTIC! Ludicrous is thinking that they slipped a magic battery in the thinnest phone on the market!!!
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    25 times
    Phone
    RAZR
    Quote Originally Posted by jedihep View Post
    Doesn't sound like progress to me! Besides battery life is what it is there has little new there and forward progress is slow in this field from the phones that are already on the market. Some steps are being made but you won't see any new strides for some time like with the new Kal-el chips and the potential of carrier wave sustained charging but the latter is even further off. That said, other than a ever so slight reduction in size there is little difference in battery longevity than what you'll find in the phone that you are using now. Couple that with the increased demands on the power supply like 4G and the drain of the new processors there is no way it will perform well! So if you are going to fault us then fault us for what we are! REALISTIC! Ludicrous is thinking that they slipped a magic battery in the thinnest phone on the market!!!
    you mean my new razr isnt magic.....??...my og droid was horrible with battery life..so i have chargers everywhere i go...i am covered...my options were non-removable sd card or battery..i chose the battery...looks like this is gonna be the wave of the future....like it or not....
  5. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Droid A855
    Quote Originally Posted by vonfink13 View Post
    you mean my new razr isnt magic.....??...my og droid was horrible with battery life..so i have chargers everywhere i go...i am covered...my options were non-removable sd card or battery..i chose the battery...looks like this is gonna be the wave of the future....like it or not....
    Sadly I agree. More new phones are moving in this direction. Until we see the new smart tech chips roll out and some of the further off tech like the next Gen 4G radios and carrier wave charging the newer phones are going to be hobbled. I bought a cell phone to be mobile and look for reliability, versatility, dependability, and rugidness. I admit I'm a hard man to please but I believe that I'm not asking for the world. They just don't want to build a better device they want to taunt us with flash and condition us into "needing" to replace our phones every 6 months to a year! My OG will out last almost anything that they have out! Yea it's not as flashy as the new models, it can't download kesha's latest in 3 seconds flat but I can't ever recall my life depending on that ever! With use management and a mind toward app priority my Droid will run all day long and be there when I really need it! If I wanted to be tethered to a charger I wouldn't spend 3 to 700 bucks on a phone! Flash and speed mean nothing when your without the means to change it, at that point that latest greatest lightning fast flashy piece of tech has no more use than tying a note to it and throwing it as a means to get your message out!
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    25 times
    Phone
    RAZR
    my og droid was dragging..seriously...i needed a new phone..and actually..for me..the razr is a better device...good luck in your search for the perfect phone...something tells me you are gonna be using that og droid for a very long time...
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links