Barnes & Noble Announces Nook Tablet & Price Reduced Nook Color and Nook Simple Touch
According to the latest news from the Barnes & Noble press conference from this morning, not only will we see the new Android-based Nook Tablet for $249.99, but B&N has also indicated the Nook Color will now be competitively priced versus the Kindle Fire at the same $199.99 price point. Furthermore, they announced that the Nook Simple Touch will be available for only $99.99. It seems as if B&N is really trying to get competitive again.
Here are some of the notable specs of the new Nook Tablet:
- Seven-inch IPS display with full lamination
- Videos up to 1080p and 11.5 hours of battery life
- 16GB of built-in memory with an a microSD slot included for more expansion.
- Multimedia content, wit Netflix and Hulu Plus pre-loaded on the device
- Access to 250 magazines and periodicals, as well as comics from publishers like Marvel
While the new Nook Tablet will be a bit pricier (by $50 bucks) than the Kindle Fire, there are some decent reasons to consider it over the Amazon product. First, it has double the storage and it is further expandable. It has a better display, more RAM, free in-store device support and is lighter. Furthermore, it doesn't have the annoying ads that will be on the Kindle Fire. What do you guys think?
Source: AndroidTablets.net via Barnes & Noble Nook Tablet Launch & More Press Release