We just experienced the live HTC press event, and the new HTC Rezound was the biggest topic of the hour. The phone was introduced by Jimmy Iovine from Beats. It has apparently been built from the ground up to focus on impressive audio, so that folks won't need a separate mp3 player. The new superphone from the top Android manufacturer in the U.S. has some impressive new specs and features, so let's dive right in!
- Verizon will be the Carrier
- Beats by Dre Audio & Logo - "music at its heart and soul"
- Beats headphones
- 4G LTE
- 16GB or 32GB of storage (with the microSD in)
- 1.5GHz Dual-Core processor (Qualcomm Snapdragon MSM8660)
- Newest Sense UI 3.5
- 1GB of RAM
- Comes with Gingerbread but is ICS Ready for early next year
- 4.3-Inch 720p HD Display (1280 x 720 res)
- 1620 mAh Battery
- 8MP and does 1080p video - Panorama images and Instant Capture - F2.2 lens and low-light sensors - built-in live effects for images and video, like slow motion
This phone is very powerful and feature-rich, and is being taken in a unique marketing direction for audiophiles. With HTC's famous quality, the Rezound definitely makes its mark for Android devices, and is impressive enough to make this holiday season a tough choice for consumers, when comparing all the other superphones available.
The phone will be coming to Verizon stores and Best Buy for $299.99 On-Contract on November 14th!
For more discussions be sure to checkout the HTC Rezound Forum
Source: DroidForums.net - HTC Announces the HTC Rezound Full Press Release