DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: [Quick Review] Sandisk Micro SDHC Class 6 Card

1. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    Droid Razr M
    And...it really does depend on what you are intending to use the phone/card for......

If you're just going to use the card to store documents, pictures, music.....a class 2 or 4 (at a cheaper price) should be fine. If you're going to use it to store and then be the source to display video.....you probably want a faster card. My concern when buying cards is the number of bogus/bootleg cards out there that aren't what they say they are.....be very careful, get your cards from a reputable dealer.

I had been moving apps to my card but when I saw how much free space I had on my phone itself.....moved them back. I've got "tons" of apps on my phone and have only used about 3gig of the 8 gig available.
    johnomaz likes this.
  2. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    400 times
    Phone
    HTC One M8
    Good review IMO. But with services like Pandora, Google Music and apps like AudioGalaxy, storing your music on your phone is, for most, a thing of the past. I know limited data plans kill that for some, but many of us still have unlimited plans.

As for the speed issue, I'm not sure if its really an issue on phones. I know for camera's being able to write faster to the chip is a must especially for burst shots and consecutive shooting but it is also up to the camera, and phone, to be able to take full advantage of the speed of the SD cards.

When my wife got her Thunderbolt, I swiped the 32gb microSD from it and gave her my 16gb card. I'm more than happy with it too. Its a class 4 chip.

As for the video saying you get better performing games with a faster SD card...really, really? The phones RAM is where the game is stored when its running. If you move the game to your SD card instead of built in memory, it may initially load faster, but should have no performance gain once its running from a faster SD card.
    -------------------------------
    HTC One M8
    -------------------------------
  3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by drtnsnw View Post
    And what does that have to do with a review of an SD card? Not sandisks issue that the nexus doesn't have a slot. Don't worry apple will pattend the no sd card and they will have to put one in

Chris
    They said it would be a good buy for the Nexus Galaxy (got the name wrong too) If you actually read the review you might have seen it =P
    HAHAHA apple probably will...
    Running SS5.6/Cushzero 2.3.7
    Loving the Gingerbread deliciousness
    O/C 1.1 Ghz Chevy low voltage kernal.
  4. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    403 times
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    The cloud storage is all well and good if you use your phone connected to wifi or LTE. For people on an airplane, or even just a weak 3G area, the storage is still necessary.
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by kodiak799 View Post
    The cloud storage is all well and good if you use your phone connected to wifi or LTE. For people on an airplane, or even just a weak 3G area, the storage is still necessary.
    +1 Tired of people telling me I don't need a SD card because of cloud storage, I don't always have signal so should I not be allowed to listen to my music? And I don't like to wait to listen to songs while it loads on the slowish 3G network.
    Running SS5.6/Cushzero 2.3.7
    Loving the Gingerbread deliciousness
    O/C 1.1 Ghz Chevy low voltage kernal.
  6. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by johnomaz View Post
    Good review IMO. But with services like Pandora, Google Music and apps like AudioGalaxy, storing your music on your phone is, for most, a thing of the past. I know limited data plans kill that for some, but many of us still have unlimited plans.

As for the speed issue, I'm not sure if its really an issue on phones. I know for camera's being able to write faster to the chip is a must especially for burst shots and consecutive shooting but it is also up to the camera, and phone, to be able to take full advantage of the speed of the SD cards.

When my wife got her Thunderbolt, I swiped the 32gb microSD from it and gave her my 16gb card. I'm more than happy with it too. Its a class 4 chip.

As for the video saying you get better performing games with a faster SD card...really, really? The phones RAM is where the game is stored when its running. If you move the game to your SD card instead of built in memory, it may initially load faster, but should have no performance gain once its running from a faster SD card.
    I have unlimited data but for me listening to streaming music or anything else is not preferable simply due to battery life...I can listen to music or podcasts off my sd card all day long over bluetooth and still have 40 % battery left at the end of the day with normal use otherwise...I can stream music or podcasts for maybe 5 to 7 hours (depending on app) before the batteries done.

As for the microsd card..I just bought a class10 32 gig off newegg for 50 bucks and it's been working great, noticably faster transfers than the 16 gig card that came in my og droid.
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    20 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Quote Originally Posted by DawsonMobley View Post
    I have unlimited data but for me listening to streaming music or anything else is not preferable simply due to battery life...I can listen to music or podcasts off my sd card all day long over bluetooth and still have 40 % battery left at the end of the day with normal use otherwise...I can stream music or podcasts for maybe 5 to 7 hours (depending on app) before the batteries done.

As for the microsd card..I just bought a class10 32 gig off newegg for 50 bucks and it's been working great, noticably faster transfers than the 16 gig card that came in my og droid.
    I was wondering if anybody was going to mention the fact that class 10 faster than class 6 cards have been on the market just as long... or how about the fact that the class rating indicate the transfer speed of the card. so why would I want to buy a class 6 card for over 100 dollars when I get my class 10 of the same size for under 80 dollars? not to blame the o p, but I hope you got the card for free and are allowed to keep it for doing your review. That would be a nice perk ! If not, I'd return it for a faster class 10 32gig patriot and pocket the $30-40 savings.

as 4 the cool looking design? That will have to remain your little secret unless you are going to wear it around you're neck as bling in a clear jump drive :,)

Props for your efforts though! not manY have the courage to post anything but negative cynicism... + 1 to you mate!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums
  8. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyteravyn View Post
    I was wondering if anybody was going to mention the fact that class 10 faster than class 6 cards have been on the market just as long... or how about the fact that the class rating indicate the transfer speed of the card. so why would I want to buy a class 6 card for over 100 dollars when I get my class 10 of the same size for under 80 dollars? not to blame the o p, but I hope you got the card for free and are allowed to keep it for doing your review. That would be a nice perk ! If not, I'd return it for a faster class 10 32gig patriot and pocket the $30-40 savings.

as 4 the cool looking design? That will have to remain your little secret unless you are going to wear it around you're neck as bling in a clear jump drive :,)

Props for your efforts though! not manY have the courage to post anything but negative cynicism... + 1 to you mate!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums
    Just keep in mind the class ratings on microsd cards can't really be trusted entirely...some class4 cards are faster than some class10 cards. You just have to look at the reviews for the one you pick out to determine whats a good deal and whats not.
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    HTC ReZound
    Quote Originally Posted by googlelover View Post
    They said it would be a good buy for the Nexus Galaxy (got the name wrong too) If you actually read the review you might have seen it =P
    HAHAHA apple probably will...
    Gotcha ya, didn't read the review just the post. Makes more sense. I would not get one without a sd card slot. I am out of coverage almost as much as in. This might be a great card for my new phone if htc ever releses it.

Chris
    HTC Touch Pro 2 (Windows mobile 6.5),HTC Incredible, HTC Rezound, Droid Maxx
  10. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    None
    I sort of rate my music by song. The ones I like alot get put onto the SD, the mid and lower songs I dont often listen to get put into the cloud. I have a signal everywhere I go, but still Its nice to have some songs on the SD just in case.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Links