DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Apple Granted Slide-to-Unlock Screen Patent; Potentially Grim News for Android

1. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    353 times
    Twitter
    JefFullerMyself
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    All the other companies have to do is prove this simple gesture was used before Apple "invented" it and the patent becomes invalid. I really don't see this being an issue at all.
    Anytime someone dares me to walk a mile in their shoes I do it! Because, hey free shoes and I am now a mile away from that person!

Hatred is by far the ugliest trait any human can possess (think about it)
  2. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    59 times
    Phone
    Droid X2
    What's "flicking" or "bouncing" of photos? Sounds like fun.
  3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    20 times
    Twitter
    TrastX
    Phone
    Droid 2
    If fruits could sue, Apple would be in big trouble.
    Jesus said: This is my commandment, That you love one another, as I have loved you. Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends. You are my friends, if you do whatsoever I command you.

John 15:12-14
  4. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    89 times
    Phone
    Moto RazR HD
    Quote Originally Posted by OneTenderRebel View Post
    All the other companies have to do is prove this simple gesture was used before Apple "invented" it and the patent becomes invalid. I really don't see this being an issue at all.
    The issue is that Saint Apple even does this stuff and wastes tax payer dollars tying up courts with this nonsense. If they took the tens of millions that they allocate to their Legal Stormtrooper division and invested it in R&D, they might retake some of the lost ground in the phone market...
  5. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    353 times
    Twitter
    JefFullerMyself
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by SquireSCA View Post
    The issue is that Saint Apple even does this stuff and wastes tax payer collars tying up courts with this nonsense. If they took the tens of millions that they allocate to their Legal Stormtrooper division and invested it in R&D, they might retake some of the lost ground in the phone market...
    Like I said earlier, it will be interesting to see where Apple goes from here with the new CEO, will he carry on Jobs' vendetta or move on. I don't think all the lawsuits are just Jobs being pissed but after reading some of the Isaacson book on Jobs, it is a bit clearer how much he hated Android and most competition.
    Anytime someone dares me to walk a mile in their shoes I do it! Because, hey free shoes and I am now a mile away from that person!

Hatred is by far the ugliest trait any human can possess (think about it)
  6. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    89 times
    Phone
    Moto RazR HD
    Quote Originally Posted by OneTenderRebel View Post
    Like I said earlier, it will be interesting to see where Apple goes from here with the new CEO, will he carry on Jobs' vendetta or move on. I don't think all the lawsuits are just Jobs being pissed but after reading some of the Isaacson book on Jobs, it is a bit clearer how much he hated Android and most competition.
    He loved competition so long as he was winning. As soon as the scale tips and he starts losing, he is a man that cannot handle it.

Without that lunatic at the helm, it will be interesting to see where they go. Maybe they will get back to making new exciting products again...
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    37 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    It appears the hypocrisy of this forum knows no bounds. Really? Complain because a company had the fore site to protect their IP 6 years ago? It's totally justified to complain if someone take a rom themes it and calls it their own, but it's not ok to complain if they only use a small part of your UI? Which is it?
    HTC Rezound (personal)
    Droid RAZR(work)

Galaxy Nexus (play)
    Retired: Droid Bionic, D2, DX2, Moto Droid, HTC G1, NOKIA N95, HTC Titan, Moto RAZR V3, BB7130, NOKIA 8110, 8850, 9500
    Motorola StarTAC 75
  8. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    89 times
    Phone
    Moto RazR HD
    Quote Originally Posted by sb1831 View Post
    It appears the hypocrisy of this forum knows no bounds. Really? Complain because a company had the fore site to protect their IP 6 years ago? It's totally justified to complain if someone take a rom themes it and calls it their own, but it's not ok to complain if they only use a small part of your UI? Which is it?
    Apple patented SOMEONE ELSE'S IP. Another handset already had this feature on a phone. Apple took someone else's feature, and filled out a patent application for it and submitted it as their own.

It wasn't about protecting their IP six years ago, it was about them using the flawed patent laws to "legally" steal someone else's IP six years ago.

Big difference.
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    Droid 3
    Quote Originally Posted by SquireSCA View Post
    The issue is that Saint Apple even does this stuff and wastes tax payer dollars tying up courts with this nonsense. If they took the tens of millions that they allocate to their Legal Stormtrooper division and invested it in R&D, they might retake some of the lost ground in the phone market...
    This.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums
  10. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    Twitter
    @Android4life28
    Phone
    HTC Rezound, Droid 2 Global
    I feel that this patent is too vague and should be revoked. Just ridiculous how companies have to rely on patents to get ahead instead true innovation. This is why I switched from iOS!

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums
    Sent from my HTC Rezound
    Rooted Unlocked and Ready to Rock!

Current ROM: Newt's One XxX Sense 4.0

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Links