DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Apple Granted Slide-to-Unlock Screen Patent; Potentially Grim News for Android

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    HTC-Thunderbolt
    This is a perfect example of a company thats aware of its future and is doing everything they can to hold on. I wish these "patent" battles were more mainstream so everyday apple users could see how pathetic their beloved electronics company is, they can't compete so there going to make problems where they can.
    compchick813 likes this.
  2. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    DROID Charge
    Quote Originally Posted by akhi216 View Post
    Yeah the next thing you know they'll be trying to trademark use of the word Apple.
    I'm guessing you already know this, but they've been down that road, sort of...but they were always the ones under attack.

Apple Corps v Apple Computer - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
  3. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    I don't understand how Apple can sue based on an arbitrary finger gesture and Google isn't suing Apple for stealing the notification bar. That seems like a much more specific UI aesthetic. Google or Samsung needs to patent the facial recognition to unlock, and unlock pattern if possible and the fingerprint to unlock from the Atrix. This is getting beyond ridiculous. And someone please sue Apple for theft of the notification bar!
    compchick813 likes this.
    Liberty 2.0
    Liberated HC Theme
    Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/SoDroid
    (For Android & Tech News)
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Twitter
    sparty569
    Phone
    RAZR HD
    If forced to, cant Android switch to the Pull down to unlock, like MIUI uses? Or the, what I think is stupid, fit the puzzle piece into it's place to unlock?
  5. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    39 times
    Twitter
    @cush2push
    Phone
    Liquid Nexus v1
    DroidForums.net Developer
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SoDroid View Post
    I don't understand how Apple can sue based on an arbitrary finger gesture and Google isn't suing Apple for stealing the notification bar. That seems like a much more specific UI aesthetic. Google or Samsung needs to patent the facial recognition to unlock, and unlock pattern if possible and the fingerprint to unlock from the Atrix. This is getting beyond ridiculous. And someone please sue Apple for theft of the notification bar!
    i believe RIM invented that

remember steve jobs did say this is the year of the copy cat except if anybody copies apple im gonna rip their face off

Galaxy Nexus
    JellyBean

6. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    353 times
    Twitter
    JefFullerMyself
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    I'm sorry but how is it Apple's fault for being rewarded a patent?????? There is such a complete lack of understanding of how the patent system works here, it's really not even funny.
    Anytime someone dares me to walk a mile in their shoes I do it! Because, hey free shoes and I am now a mile away from that person!

Hatred is by far the ugliest trait any human can possess (think about it)
  7. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    39 times
    Twitter
    @cush2push
    Phone
    Liquid Nexus v1
    DroidForums.net Developer
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OneTenderRebel View Post
    I'm sorry but how is it Apple's fault for being rewarded a patent?????? There is such a complete lack of understanding of how the patent system works here, it's really not even funny.
    im not saying its apples fault it is the us patent system and the board who approves such ingenious ideas for patents apple is being rewarded for it kinda makes me think about applying for a few patents maybe i will get lucky

Galaxy Nexus
    JellyBean

8. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    353 times
    Twitter
    JefFullerMyself
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by cush2push View Post
    im not saying its apples fault it is the us patent system and the board who approves such ingenious ideas for patents apple is being rewarded for it kinda makes me think about applying for a few patents maybe i will get lucky
    Exactly! The tech patent system is so royally screwed up that patents are given all the time for incredibly stupid things. Apple is smart enough to take advantage and make money off of their stupidity. Android is not above this reproach, hence Google buying Moto, when that finally goes through you can guarantee Google will shell out some lawsuits of their own, and rightfully so.
    Anytime someone dares me to walk a mile in their shoes I do it! Because, hey free shoes and I am now a mile away from that person!

9. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    353 times
    Twitter
    JefFullerMyself
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    I will say this, reading some of the excerpts from the Jobs biography it was clear he had a pretty unhealthy hatred of Android and Bill Gates, I wonder if the lawsuits will die down after the current ones are settled. Be interesting to see if Apple moves on or carries on business as usual.

10. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    89 times
    Phone
    Moto RazR HD
    Quote Originally Posted by OneTenderRebel View Post
    Maybe because they took someone else's invention and patented it as their own. Isn't Jobs' hatred of Android the fact that he claims it is "stolen"? Apart from it being hard to steal a free open source OS... isn't taking someone else's invention and patenting it as your own considered stealing?

Sort of like me patenting the right mouse click and then trying to sue everyone, using the legal system for a revenue stream...
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Links