Tonight seems to be the night for the Droid Pro and Droid 2 Global family to move up in the world. Motorola/Verizon are reportedly pushing the much-anticipated Android 2.3 update to these two devices as we speak. The update should not only bring your phone to the latest released version of Android, but also fix some issues you might, or might not, be experiencing.
Share your thoughts with us if you are getting the update.
Here is the change log for the Droid 2:
- Improvements in stability prevent lockups, resets and force
- close errors.
- Bluetooth devices will now select the correct audio recording level for optimal voice capture and alert you when your audio level is too low.
- Improved battery life while using Bluetooth.
- Access My Verizon without any force close errors.
- Reset Backup Assistant under Manage Applications menu.
- Enhanced connectivity when roaming in GSM/UMTS networks
- (Europe and India).
- Improved battery life during Wifi use.
- Exchange ActiveSync encryption fails after OTA update.
- Google Books added
- Accuweather added
- Amazon MP3 Store added
- Blockbuster added
- Adobe Flash Player 10.2 added
Now here is what you Droid Pro users should see coming your way soon:
- Improved contact syncing from multiple email accounts.
- Improved battery life while using Wifi and/or Bluetooth.
- Correct contact name is displayed when receiving SMS messages.
- Forward SMS message conversations correctly.
- Mobile Hotspot status is displayed accurately.
- Clock widget updates time correctly.
- GPS apps and programs no longer cause unnecessary device resets.
- V CAST Media Manager now comes preloaded.
Check out the Droid Pro or Droid 2 Global Update Page.