DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Verizon officially announces the Verizon Galaxy Nexus by Samsung

1. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    401 times
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    Quote Originally Posted by ??? View Post
    confirmed enough for me that it doesn't have one. a dev on twitter posted pics of a nexus he was playing with and showed a screen pic of the memory and said see, its not all for storage. like 4 gig of the memory was showing for other things. so i don't expect it to have a card.
    It may not come WITH a card, but could still have a card slot. Doesn't seem like it will, but it's otherwise the only spec on that leak sheet that would be wrong (that I see).
  2. RS Admin
    Member #
    Liked
    1688 times
    Phone
    moto droid
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by droid2drummer View Post
    Honestly, Locking a Google phone is quite silly...in my opinion....Lol But there are other reasons I'm sure...Like the worry of someone whom has no ideas to what a bootloader is, playing with the root files and flashing bad files..lol We know this has to be some part of the whole "Locked Bootloader" story....

You juss been TAPPED! by the drummer
    LIQUID 3.0 or Anything but Stock!!!!
    <><>-------------------PEACE---------------------<><>
    True but majority of the people getting the nexus and choosing it over a bionic, razr are doing so because they are aware of what they are getting into. On tmobile or sprint I can see people choosing the nexus over the other devices. But vzw has a solid line of android phones. Say what you want about moto and locked bootloaders, but the droid x hump look seems to draw people. At first I saw it as a guy phone but women are getting them too. The X started something and if you are motorola and you are getting those sells then they basically just said to our bluff "go ahead and leave". They now hold the cards and the "carrier wants it locked" is a cop out because they are locked on all carriers while other phones are not. Motorola is more concerned about the business and professional customers and they are going to want their phones secured. Vzw may be slow but they are listening and user now have a variety of devices to choose from that fits their needs.

BIG RED FINALLY GETTING THE NEXUS
    WHOOOOHOOOO
    I AM STOKED...

Verizon officially announces the Verizon Galaxy Nexus by Samsung-samsung-galaxy-nexus-verizon_thumb.jpg
  3. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    50 times
    Phone
    Droid 2 liberty and anything
    Quote Originally Posted by pc747 View Post
    True but majority of the people getting the nexus and choosing it over a bionic, razr are doing so because they are aware of what they are getting into. On tmobile or sprint I can see people choosing the nexus over the other devices. But vzw has a solid line of android phones. Say what you want about moto and locked bootloaders, but the droid x hump look seems to draw people. At first I saw it as a guy phone but women are getting them too. The X started something and if you are motorola and you are getting those sells then they basically just said to our bluff "go ahead and leave". They now hold the cards and the "carrier wants it locked" is a cop out because they are locked on all carriers while other phones are not. Motorola is more concerned about the business and professional customers and they are going to want their phones secured. Vzw may be slow but they are listening and user now have a variety of devices to choose from that fits their needs.

BIG RED FINALLY GETTING THE NEXUS
    WHOOOOHOOOO
    I AM STOKED...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Samsung-Galaxy-Nexus-Verizon_thumb.jpg 
Views:	24856 
Size:	35.0 KB 
ID:	41658
    Nice! And I just saw on engadget...the HTC Rezound will also be an option along with the Razor and Nexus Prime....Hell, they all look nice! And of course some nice things under the battery too! Lol The date says November 10th....We shall see?

4. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    OG Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by pc747 View Post
    I think it will be unlocked. At the beginning of the year it was said vzw will provide to unlocked devices by the end of the year. Besides locking the nexus would hurt sells.
    i hear you... verizon seems to like things their way, and we are a very small percentage of their customer base. i havent heard anything saying it would be locked, it just wouldnt shock me. i guess im trying not to get my hopes up too high. i kindof want this to be my next phone.
  5. RS Admin
    Member #
    Liked
    1688 times
    Phone
    moto droid
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by swikk View Post
    i hear you... verizon seems to like things their way, and we are a very small percentage of their customer base. i havent heard anything saying it would be locked, it just wouldnt shock me. i guess im trying not to get my hopes up too high. i kindof want this to be my next phone.
    They lock that device and it would be the biggest mistake they made since the thunderbolt. Rezound, well I like to call it the HTC Rebound because they need to rebound after their rep took a hit from the thunderbolt. Seriously finding out the nexus is locked down will cause many to change their minds including me.
  6. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    OG Droid
    I hope you guys are right. My D1 is getting long in the teeth, Its mini-usb port is crapping out. I need to get a new phone soon. I'm psyched that a nexus is finally coming to Verizon. I'm curious how much thicker the LTE version is going to be.
  7. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    96 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    I hope you guys are right. My D1 is getting long in the teeth, Its mini-usb port is crapping out. I need to get a new phone soon. I'm psyched that a nexus is finally coming to Verizon. I'm curious how much thicker the LTE version is going to be.
    so many d1'ers (including me) are gonna upgrade to galaxy nexus. its really kinda cool how we are all given an opportunity to separate but theirs a force binding us together, the galaxy nexus. I believe that google, samsung, and motorola were 100% aware that we were all eligible for new upgrades. the d1 was (from what i believe, correct me if im wrong) one of the most sold android phones and knowing their was an upgrade for us, they decided to release 2 god phones and a new os. thats genius there. trying to get us to go to the brand new upper tier phones. im surprised that no brand new phone with a keyboard was released as d1 users have a keyboard.
    diggy488 likes this.
    Droid 1

Roms I have used: Ultimate Droid, BB and petes gpa's, pe, cyan, ss,miui, liquid, and chevy.

Now-[U]GPA19

Galaxy Nexus!

Roms i have used:Revolution, romans, zygot, codenamedroid, Gummynex

Now-romans with Lean Kernel.

Android Rule
    1. When saying what phone or rom you have, make sure to include the word rocking or rockin as a verb in the sentence.
  8. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    OG Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by doublea500 View Post
    so many d1'ers (including me) are gonna upgrade to galaxy nexus. its really kinda cool how we are all given an opportunity to separate but theirs a force binding us together, the galaxy nexus. I believe that google, samsung, and motorola were 100% aware that we were all eligible for new upgrades. the d1 was (from what i believe, correct me if im wrong) one of the most sold android phones and knowing their was an upgrade for us, they decided to release 2 god phones and a new os. thats genius there. trying to get us to go to the brand new upper tier phones. im surprised that no brand new phone with a keyboard was released as d1 users have a keyboard.
    I'm pretty psyched with the options available at this point. When they started releasing LTE phones I was bummed my contract lasted until the beginning of november, but my little droid got its gingerbread from Cyanogen and kept truckin' along on Prime's kernel. Now I;m at the point I have to do acrobatics to get it to charge, I'm eligable for an upgrade and there's some pretty serious contenders. Not to mention a chance to try a whole new generation of Android OS. Bring on the Galaxy Nexus! Good times for all.
  9. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    50 times
    Phone
    Droid 2 liberty and anything
    I'm pretty psyched with the options available at this point. When they started releasing LTE phones I was bummed my contract lasted until the beginning of november, but my little droid got its gingerbread from Cyanogen and kept truckin' along on Prime's kernel. Now I;m at the point I have to do acrobatics to get it to charge, I'm eligable for an upgrade and there's some pretty serious contenders. Not to mention a chance to try a whole new generation of Android OS. Bring on the Galaxy Nexus! Good times for all.
    Yeah I'm hoping I can hold out for the Prime! When I told the guy while I was discussing my early upgrade special, he said the Bionic so many times I wanted to just get it already...lol When I asked him about the nexus and razor...he started stuttering...

10. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Twitter
    @DJNight2k
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    Finally the end is in sight for milking along my OG droid. The Battery is shot, the volume button is "stuck" so it keeps beeping like I am pushing it louder, its slower than molasses... And my upgrade became eligible on the 10th.. but i've been holding out for the prime.. Let's hope that big red doesn't wait till xmas for the release!
Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Links