We all knew this was coming but today's the day! Verizon has turned on 20 more 4G areas all over the US! On November 17 they'll turn on even more, but for now, here is the list of new 4G markets.
- Birmingham, Ala.
- Modesto and Stockton, Calif.
- Fort Myers, Fla.
- Bloomington, Elkhart, Evansville, South Bend and Terre Haute, Ind.
- Sioux City, Iowa
- Hagerstown, Md.
- Tupelo, Miss.
- Albuquerque and Santa Fe, N.M.
- Buffalo, N.Y.
- Asheville, N.C.
- Bartlesville, Okla.
- Jackson and Martin, Tenn.
- Greater Hampton Roads and Richmond, Va.
- Green Bay, Wis.
Verizon Wireless is also expanding its 4G LTE network in Los Angeles and San Diego, Calif.; Washington, D.C.; and Erie, Pa.
So have you guys tested out the 4G speeds in these areas? How do they look? I was in Richmond VA last weekend and the speeds there were are pretty slow (3G like speeds) but that's probably because they were just being tested and weren't officially up.