DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Galaxy Nexus; Droid RAZR; Galaxy SII; iPhone 4S - SmackDown Feature Comparison

1. Editor in Chief
    Member #
    Liked
    2049 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Premium Member

Galaxy Nexus; Droid RAZR; Galaxy SII; iPhone 4S - SmackDown Feature Comparison

Last night, the folks at Engadget posted a handy, but somewhat incomplete feature comparison between the new Galaxy Nexus and the Droid RAZR, but this morning, the folks at PhoneArena have taken it a step further and done a SmackDown comparison that includes those two phones plus the Samsung Galaxy SII and the iPhone 4S. You can see the feature comparison in the pic below. Perhaps this will help folks make an informed decision for purchasing when ready. Which phone looks better to you?

Source: PhoneArena

3. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Phone
    Droid
    I wanted the nexus but now I think ill wait till my full upgrade is here so i can get an even better discount and see what is coming in the horizon
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    15 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    I have anothe rline up for renewal in March so I will stick with my Bionic for now. Though in March I hope to see the Razr have ICS and would go that route if all these phones were the top of the crop still. I dont need much more then the Bionic right now but the screen and size of the Razr is VERY appealing. The non removeable battery is also a non issue for me.
  5. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    206 times
    Phone
    OG D1/G-Nex
    This graph is nice but it has a mistake, it says razr is a 4460. Most the other sites say 4430. :/ clearly not showing that the nexus has a better processor.
    Turtle bit me.I thought they were slow....they snap so fast. ................. <3
  6. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    G-Nex (fon), OGD1(alarm clock)
    anyone know about the glass types on these phones? I read about the gorilla glass and water resistance of the RAZR, curious what the nexus has for glass.....

signed,
    someone who is about to replace his D1 (that he dropped enough times to ask these sorts of questions)
  7. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by suzukimethod View Post
    anyone know about the glass types on these phones? I read about the gorilla glass and water resistance of the RAZR, curious what the nexus has for glass.....

signed,
    someone who is about to replace his D1 (that he dropped enough times to ask these sorts of questions)
    +1 on this question... Motorola makes some seriously tough devices.. I can't count how many times I've dropped my D1 on pavement, etc... it takes a licking... I also remember how tough the original RAZR flip phone was. I have a feeling I would have destroyed a Samsung phone by now.

I'm really leaning RAZR here, since the claim of a Q1 ICS update has already been published. The only thing making me cautious of the RAZR is the battery. I swap out batteries on my OG D1 at least once a day during heavy use or traveling... Not for sure if I want to be stuck a year from now with a phone that I can't swap batteries with and no where near an outlet or a charger.
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid Bionic
    wonder why they left the Bionic off the list?
  9. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    178 times
    Phone
    Moto X
    Quote Originally Posted by bgrubb7 View Post
    The only thing making me cautious of the RAZR is the battery. I swap out batteries on my OG D1 at least once a day during heavy use or traveling... Not for sure if I want to be stuck a year from now with a phone that I can't swap batteries with and no where near an outlet or a charger.
    The battery in the Razr should last a lot longer than the battery in the D1. 1800 > 1390
    Phone History: Moto Startac > LG VX6000 > Moto e815 > LG Voyager > Moto D R O I D > GALAXY NEXUS > Moto X
    Rockin': Moto X w/ Root!
    Clockin': Nada

Free Wifi Tether w/o Root
  10. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Samsung Droid Charge

I'm So Excited!

I gave my wife my Droid Charge so I could have her December Upgrade. I really cannot decide between the Galaxy Nexus or the Droid RAZR. I really want the RAZR but I'm afraid of having a locked bootloader. The Nexus is awesome except that I am rough on my phone, and the RAZR might hold up better with its gorilla glass and kevlar shell.

Since I have to wait until the first week in December, and these are supposed to be out in November, maybe one of them will have dropped in price. That'll be how I will decide I guess. I paid $300 for the Droid Charge, running Froyo, and am feeling like Verizon owes me a deal.
  11. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    16 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    This sheet is designed in favor of certain phones. Other comparisons, like engadget list more choices such as nfc. This also doesn't show the iphones pathetic speed of 800mhz, nor does it list the razr as most other sites have with a 4430

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Links