DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Gingerbread Update For Thunderbolt Coming.... Someday

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    37 times
    Twitter
    WMPerson
    Phone
    T-mobile G2x
    Premium Member

Gingerbread Update For Thunderbolt Coming.... Someday

Typically HTC and Verizon are the quickest to push out updates for their devices, but not in the case of the Thunderbolt apparently. The update for the T-bolt has been released a few times before, but for weeks now HTC has not delivered anything new to update our phones. One Thunderbolt owner noticed this, and after asking HTC on Twitter, HTC said they will be releasing the update "soon."

Soon has been months now, but let us hope we will get this update before ICS even gets released.

Via: Twitter
    There is probable a million things about me that you don't know. Check out my About.me page
    About.me
  2. RS Admin
    Member #
    Liked
    1688 times
    Phone
    moto droid
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by WenWM View Post

Typically HTC and Verizon are the quickest to push out updates for their devices, but not in the case of the Thunderbolt apparently. The update for the T-bolt has been released a few times before, but for weeks now HTC has not delivered anything new to update our phones. One Thunderbolt owner noticed this, and after asking HTC on Twitter, HTC said they will be releasing the update "soon."

Soon has been months now, but let us hope we will get this update before ICS even gets released.

Via: Twitter
    Given how buggy the updates have been for the tbolt from vzw/htc; yeah ill stay rooted and wait for the devs. My luck the next bug will prevent you from being able to make a phone call . Any way Im done with htc nexus prime here I come.
  3. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    198 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    What ever happened to the Incredibles GB update? I ask my brother he if ever got it and he said no. I thought they pushed it last month.
  4. Droid
    Member #
    Twitter
    zwegan
    Phone
    BAMFbolt
    I honestly LOVE my thunderbolt probably because I didn't have any of the random reboot issues, but it is a shame that I had to root and install BAMF Forever to get most of the functionality that it should have come with out of the box.

My main worry at this point is that there won't be an ICS release on this phone before they prettend it never existed.

I still have high hopes for the Vigor and since I have an upgrade available I will probably jump ship to it once I am sure it will be receiving ICS and an easy root method like Revolutionary.

I do not think the thunderbolt will get ICS in the next 12 months.
  5. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Phone
    iPhone 5
    Quote Originally Posted by zwegan View Post
    I honestly LOVE my thunderbolt probably because I didn't have any of the random reboot issues, but it is a shame that I had to root and install BAMF Forever to get most of the functionality that it should have come with out of the box.

My main worry at this point is that there won't be an ICS release on this phone before they prettend it never existed.

I still have high hopes for the Vigor and since I have an upgrade available I will probably jump ship to it once I am sure it will be receiving ICS and an easy root method like Revolutionary.

I do not think the thunderbolt will get ICS in the next 12 months.
    You probably prefer Sense; but certainly you will be able to run CM9 or some variant of it on your TB when such builds are available.

I too don't think HTC will put out an ICS build for the Thunderbolt. I think they want to quietly let the device fade away.
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    176 times
    Phone
    Moto X / 4.4
    Oh well. My TB is about to become my backup phone anyway. I'll be using Ice Cream Sandwich on my Nexus Prime LONG before my TB gets a GB update.
  7. Theme Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    39 times
    Twitter
    Bazar6
    Phone
    GNex & Xoom & OG Droid
    DroidForums.net Theme Developer
    Premium Member
    I quit looking for an update for the thunderbolt. The dev community is so much quicker at updating and fixing things much faster than manufacturers. Bamf's SoaB already has GB with Sense 3.5
    Moto Droid 1 : Project Elite v4.2
    HTC Thunderbolt : Sold
    Samsung Droid Charge : Stock
    Moto Xoom Wifi : CM10.1
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus : CM10.2

Links