DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Ice Cream Sandwich Features Likely to be Detailed along with Samsung Nexus Oct. 18

1. Editor in Chief
    Member #
    Liked
    2060 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Premium Member

Ice Cream Sandwich Features Likely to be Detailed along with Samsung Nexus Oct. 18

According to this latest report from PhoneArena, all signs point to Samsung and Google announcing Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich and the next Nexus device tomorrow, October 18th, at the AsiaD: AllThings Digital conference. Several features of the new ICS have been leaked or revealed and here is a compilation of some of them:
    • The aesthetics of the Android 4.0 OS have been changed to be more minimalist and to better differentiate from other operating systems, like iOS, etc.
    • Furthermore, a couple of icon features have been brought forward from Honeycomb, like the three virtual navigation buttons, and the visual multitasking.
    • ICS also iw working toward ending fragmentation and will become a single stop for both tablets and smartphones, with Google promising to release the source code.
    • Google has also promised regular updates and a unification of its update policy.
    • They will also introduce several Honeycomb-only features to phones including USB hub, that basically allows you to connect any peripheral device like keyboards and mice.
    • Google will release new APIs to devs, and will have some fancy new features like face recognition in the works.
    • Google Music has been altered, hinting at a potential Google suite of apps (Maps, Gmail, Latitude, etc.).

Google is calling this their “most ambitious release to date.” It's so close now you can almost start holding your breath! (Not really... don't want any of you folks passing out, unless its from excitement.) The above video is a repost of the Google ICS statue arrival. It seemed appropriate...

Source: GalaxyForums.net via PhoneArena
    Last edited by dgstorm; 10-17-2011 at 11:26 AM.
    gunit34328 likes this.
  2. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    103 times
    Phone
    OG Droid UD 3.0 -- GB :)
    This is the longest day. Ever.
    sbenson likes this.
    Google Interview Q&A

Apple CEO, Verizon COO
  3. RS Lead
    Member #
    Liked
    1042 times
    Phone
    Galaxy s4
    Premium Member
    Can't wait for tomorrow
  4. RS Admin
    Member #
    Liked
    1688 times
    Phone
    moto droid
    Premium Member
    naw its still a 24 hour day last I checked. Plus it will go through our usual progression of excitement, purchase it, hate it, then hype beast for the next device.
  5. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    103 times
    Phone
    Quote Originally Posted by pc747 View Post
    naw its still a 24 hour day last I checked. Plus it will go through our usual progression of excitement, purchase it, hate it, then hype beast for the next device.
    haha yeah but its just like watching the pot that never boils. i cant wait though
    Google Interview Q&A

Apple CEO, Verizon COO
  6. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    476 times
    Twitter
    Trusstopher
    Phone
    G-Nex
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by czerdrill View Post
    This is the longest day. Ever.
    I'm not sure... the announcement isn't until tomorrow night... I think tomorrow might be the longest day ever.... that or the four and a half hours between 2:30PM (Razr) and 7PM (Nexus) is going to be filled with a surprise Vigor/ReZound announcement that blows our minds and make the day fly by.
    gunit34328 likes this.
    If you always seem to have drama in your life, you are probably the one causing the drama.
    If customer service representatives or restaurant servers always seem to be rude to you, you are probably the one being rude.
    If your computer always seems to be freezing up on you, you're probably doing something wrong.

In my experience, drama begets drama, rudeness begets rudeness, and ineptitude begets ineptitude.
  7. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    103 times
    Phone
    Quote Originally Posted by Trusstopher View Post
    I'm not sure... the announcement isn't until tomorrow night... I think tomorrow might be the longest day ever.... that or the four and a half hours between 2:30PM (Razr) and 7PM (Nexus) is going to be filled with a surprise Vigor/ReZound announcement that blows our minds and make the day fly by.
    True, always look at the positives
    gunit34328 likes this.
    Google Interview Q&A

Apple CEO, Verizon COO
  8. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    712 times
    Phone
    D1/DX/DB/Nex/Note2
    Wow, it's a great week to be a pseudo-nerd!!
    czerdrill likes this.
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Galaxy Note 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Trusstopher View Post
    I thought the nexus release will be at 10AM HKT or 10PM EST?

EDIT: im an idiot...i keep forgetting not everyone in the US is living in EST lol enjoy that west coast weather...
  10. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    476 times
    Twitter
    Trusstopher
    Phone
    G-Nex
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Porterhouse0 View Post
    I thought the nexus release will be at 10AM HKT or 10PM EST?

EDIT: im an idiot...i keep forgetting not everyone in the US is living in EST lol enjoy that west coast weather...
    Good catch, I posted the Pacific time for the Nexus and the Eastern time for the Razr...should have just stuck to my own time zone (central)... so it will actually be a seven and a half hour gap...

EDIT because of your EDIT: Looks like we both made mistakes then haha
    If you always seem to have drama in your life, you are probably the one causing the drama.
    If customer service representatives or restaurant servers always seem to be rude to you, you are probably the one being rude.
    If your computer always seems to be freezing up on you, you're probably doing something wrong.

In my experience, drama begets drama, rudeness begets rudeness, and ineptitude begets ineptitude.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links