DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: New Verizon MAP list with Galaxy Nexus and HTC Rezound!

1. DF News Team
    Member #
    Liked
    150 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Premium Member

New Verizon MAP list with Galaxy Nexus and HTC Rezound!

Well if you needed any more proof that the Galaxy Nexus was coming to Verizon (and soon) then here it is. It appears on Verizon's Minimum Advertised Price (MAP) list along with the HTC Rezound, the successor the the Thunderbolt. Both devices come in at $299 on contract which seems to be the norm for any high powered 4G device from Verizon. Also, both devices appear for November 10th (Yes two devices for one Thursday) which is a week later than what previous rumors suggested the Nexus was coming. I guess we'll find out more information this Tuesday but I think this MAP is probably pretty close to being accurate. I guess everyone should save up for the holidays because this is going to be one busy season full of new phones!

Via Droid-Life

gunit34328 and diggy488 like this.

3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    Phone
    Droid Razr

New Verizon MAP list with Galaxy Nexus and HTC Rezound!

Here just take my money, all of it.

I'm hoping that their thinking is right and the retail price will be under $600. Being I just bought this 9930 I will be paying full retail and selling this Blackberry.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid - -> HTC TBOLT
    http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dro...ml#post1773373

I hate to say it, but I told you so.
    Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk
    johnomaz and gunit34328 like this.
    My sig was too large.
  5. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Phone
    moto droid
    if that was so true look what it says about the timeframe on the bionic
    Quote Originally Posted by y0manda View Post
    http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dro...ml#post1773373

I hate to say it, but I told you so.
    Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk
  6. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Phone
    Droid
    Grrr, im sick of waiting I want my new phone like yesterday
  7. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    63 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    I hope there will be a price drop at launch or some kind of deal like how the bionic did.

Member #
    Liked
    96 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by hookerdj View Post
    if that was so true look what it says about the timeframe on the bionic
    good observation. but it does not really apply 100% to this as this is different event. all we can do is be patient and hope its nov 10th.
    Droid 1

Roms I have used: Ultimate Droid, BB and petes gpa's, pe, cyan, ss,miui, liquid, and chevy.

Now-[U]GPA19

Galaxy Nexus!

Roms i have used:Revolution, romans, zygot, codenamedroid, Gummynex

Now-romans with Lean Kernel.

Android Rule
    1. When saying what phone or rom you have, make sure to include the word rocking or rockin as a verb in the sentence.
  9. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    198 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    Is the MAP period how long the device will be around or how long it has to be at said price?
  10. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    712 times
    Phone
    D1/DX/DB/Nex/Note2
    I will always refer to the rezound as the Vigor!
    gunit34328 likes this.
  11. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    56 times
    Phone
    Home
    OK
    Let's just look at what we know to be a cold hard truth and what we only know currently as a rumor.
    Rumors are all regarding release dates, but nothing else like why the delay.
    In the case of The Bionic we had some rather concrete reasons for the delay, all which were pretty sound.
    And the major fact is that these companies are in business to make money. Well, the biggest time of the year for consumer purchases, especially in the current economic climate, begins the day after Thanksgiving. This would be like Reese's forgetting to get enough of their product out before Halloween. The iPhone 4s is on the market currently but Android has eclipsed the iPhone in market share and, relatively speaking, it occurred in the blink of an eye. Steve Jobs is deceased so the i everythings future is murky to say the least.
    I for one don't believe that the companies involved are foolish enough to blow a great opportunity to really make their 4th Quarter earnings shine to draw in more possible investors, especially if they can poach some of Apple's investors due to inate fears that arise when someone who embodies the very company leaves. And then to end up releasing their phones in what is historically the worst quarter for sales, especially bigger ticket items.
    Not to mention, only releasing it possibly a week or so after everyone has spent all of the money, and this is America so let's be honest, their available credit as well.
    No one would sit back and allow this calamity to occur to their company. They would be pouring everything into fixing whatever hitch possible and getting the product on the floors by Thanksgiving, hell or high water.
    To wait until January is tantamount to corporate suicide. It would open the possibility for the iPhone to gain some of their market share back, which only creates new momentum for iPhone to make a resurgence.
    It would guarantee horrible sales figures, regardless of levels of awesomeness. Disposable income is at a premium. They are well aware of the numbers of Verizon customers who have been sitting on upgrades, and still are using androids. And as we approach Turkey Day that number will continue to grow, and then very rapidly deplete.
    They are also aware that there are several higher level androids already released and people are not a patient or rational species when it comes to making purchases. Especially if those around them have new sparkling phones.
    I cannot believe that this will end up being the case. As it means opening the doors wide for both the iPhone and all competitors running android's OS to dominate them. We are creatures of habit and if someone uses an alternate companies phone running android's OS, there's a better chance they will purchase the same brand again. Brand loyalty is a big factor and a hard nut to crack once it forms.
    I say that the only acceptable issue that keeps the phones off the shelves on Black Friday, is if upon boot the phone eats its owner. And even then, it has to be over 51% of the phones in line for release. At 49% they still would probably release it since they are guaranteed to not lose the customers currently being digested to any phone companies in the future.

I have it from a reliable source that the Droid Oblivion was pulled only because of the whole eating the owners problem, and they still were going to attempt a release until the percentages hit 55%.
    I usually like to keep my sources anonymous, but I will break my rules on this one occasion only. My source was the now world renowned, Anonymous.
    Wait, that may be a bad move on my part.... Dang! Stupid! Stupid! Tell my mother I love her.

walkin the walk while tappin the talk
    danceswithbongs
    Rayv and BenRx like this.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links