DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Samsung Confirms Oct. 27th Event for Galaxy Note, Not the Galaxy Nexus

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid
    If the announcement doesn't happen by the 19th I may go ahead and buy the 4S. I can always return it or sell it (they really hold their value) when the Nexus comes out.
  2. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    476 times
    Twitter
    Trusstopher
    Phone
    G-Nex
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by johnomaz View Post
    darn. I wsa hoping for Q1. I really want that phone, but my upgrade is in March. Hope its still around by then. Hope its easily modified too =)
    Don't think you have much to worry about, it should still be around and probably at a great price. And if it is not, that should me that something mind-blowing came along to push it out.

As far as the Note is concerned, first rumors I heard was that it wouldn't get a US launch... we may find out different on the 27th.
    If you always seem to have drama in your life, you are probably the one causing the drama.
    If customer service representatives or restaurant servers always seem to be rude to you, you are probably the one being rude.
    If your computer always seems to be freezing up on you, you're probably doing something wrong.

In my experience, drama begets drama, rudeness begets rudeness, and ineptitude begets ineptitude.
  3. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    476 times
    Twitter
    Trusstopher
    Phone
    G-Nex
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GrillMouster View Post
    If the announcement doesn't happen by the 19th I may go ahead and buy the 4S. I can always return it or sell it (they really hold their value) when the Nexus comes out.
    I see a lot of people with this "or just sell it" mentality if they decide to go with a different phone... it seems like such a pain to unload a high dollar device to me... what method do people usually use to sell off a new or slight used phone? What kind of value recuperation is usually expected? 75% retail?
    If you always seem to have drama in your life, you are probably the one causing the drama.
    If customer service representatives or restaurant servers always seem to be rude to you, you are probably the one being rude.
    If your computer always seems to be freezing up on you, you're probably doing something wrong.

In my experience, drama begets drama, rudeness begets rudeness, and ineptitude begets ineptitude.
  4. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    206 times
    Phone
    OG D1/G-Nex
    Quote Originally Posted by OneTenderRebel View Post
    There has never been on official release date or anything regarding the Nexus, so how can there be any delays???? People here rumors and take them as gospel and then get upset when the rumors don't prove true.
    While they didn't say specifically the nexus they did have it lined up for ctia and then canceled it. No phone is going to be announced through the media invitation as that would technically be announcing the device. The next best thing and its what they always do and did for this device was It was heavily hinted at, invited the media and lots of winks and nods for the CTIA event....Look at the invitation. Google event and Samsung event. They couldn't have been more clear without coming out and announcing the device...
    Turtle bit me.I thought they were slow....they snap so fast. ................. <3
  5. Beta Team
    Member #
    Liked
    450 times
    Phone
    The GALAXY NEXUS
    Trying my best not to invest much thought into the rumors, but I can't deny there's a sneaking dread creeping into the back of my mind...
  6. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    146 times
    Phone
    Moto LS355
    I need a new phone ASAP. My D1 can't last much longer. If there's no official word by the end of the month, I may have to go with the Bionic, or the Vigor.
  7. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    63 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    Im in the same boat...

what makes it worse for me is my wife decided to go with the stratosphere which launched today...so she will have a newer faster phone than me!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jcardona1 View Post
    I need a new phone ASAP. My D1 can't last much longer. If there's no official word by the end of the month, I may have to go with the Bionic, or the Vigor.
  8. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    712 times
    Phone
    D1/DX/DB/Nex/Note2
    Quote Originally Posted by Trusstopher View Post
    I see a lot of people with this "or just sell it" mentality if they decide to go with a different phone... it seems like such a pain to unload a high dollar device to me... what method do people usually use to sell off a new or slight used phone? What kind of value recuperation is usually expected? 75% retail?
    Ebay and Craigslist usually. The resale on phones is great. People will pay up to get a slight discount and be off contract.
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid
    Absolutely. And if you don't want an easy, no hassle way to sell outright, Gazelle will buy the phone. Right now they'll pay $165 for a basic iPhone 4. That's not bad considering the phone has been out a while, it's not much less than what most people paid for it new on contract, and a bunch of people are unloading that model now that the 4S is shipping (you get more if you sell before the model is announced). The 4S should command much more early in its life cycle.
  10. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    712 times
    Phone
    D1/DX/DB/Nex/Note2
    I just looked on ebay and the iphone 4 16GB on VZW is still getting $300.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links