DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Verizon Unveils Mobile UC Client & Private Applications Store for Business at CTIA

1. Editor in Chief
    Member #
    Liked
    2049 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Premium Member

Verizon Unveils Mobile UC Client & Private Applications Store for Business at CTIA

Today at CTIA, Verizon announced a couple of useful new services for business users. The first is Verizon's Mobile Unified Communications Client. This service lets subscribers use their Android phone as if it were their office phone. Basically, with this client setup on your Android phone you can use your device and the folks on the other end will only see it as your work number. Furthermore, company services like voicemail, call hold, transfer and conference calls are fully accessible through the client. The client must be setup by your companies IT department and the service will cost $7 bucks a month. For now, the only devices that are compatible with the system are the Motorola DROID X, DROID X2, DROID 2, DROID 2 GLOBAL and DROID PRO, but VZW is working to add more devices to that list.

The second service Verizon debuted today was their platform-neutral Private Applications Store for Business. This service is designed specifically for businesses to enhance security and corporate control for their Android using employees. The PASB would help businesses manage any in-house or third party apps on corporate or employee smartphones and tablets, to help control devices that are not directly behind the company's firewall. The PASB includes a client for the device as well as admin portals and web-based portals for apps and content. It will be offered by Verizon on a per-user/per-month basis.

Here's a quote from Janet Schijns, VP of Business Solutions at Verizon Wireless,
    “Our Private Applications Store for Business is a win-win for employers and employees as it provides enterprises with the opportunity to leverage their existing application investments while also pro viding a seamless and secure way to manage new and innovative apps and provide access to content that is relevant for their business.
    Source: Verizon Wireless

3. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    395 times
    Phone
    HTC One M8
    I would love for my phone to show my work number. I use it all the time but hate when their caller ID shows my number and they list it as my work number. Sadly, I doubt my IT dept (which I am actually part of....i know, they are mostly retards in my dept unfortunately) would do this.
    -------------------------------
    HTC One M8
    -------------------------------

Links