DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: [Rumor] Nexus Prime Release Coming November 3rd?

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid
    Good to know.
  2. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    Quote Originally Posted by Trusstopher View Post
    What is the possibility that a device has a locked boot on some (or one) carriers but not others?
    I have no idea honestly. Wouldn't locking the bootloader defeat the whole purpose of the Nexus phone? These are supposed to be Dev phones right? Then again I suppose bloat may in some opinions too.

Quote Originally Posted by Crankintopwater69 View Post
    I wouldnt say we're complaining,we're just sayin,look @ the nexus s-bloat free,vanilla-and since this is a nexus phone,it should b as u said unlocked and bloat free-thats 1 of the many reasons we(u ,me and everybody else) want a nexus device.
    Right, I understand that too and hope that's the case. I'm just not going to be mad if its not, as long as its unlocked. For me the unlocked phone is more important then any bloat that could be on it.
  3. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    401 times
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    Quote Originally Posted by tgyberg View Post
    Like others have said, most people have no idea of any phone rumors. They see the ads for a "Droid" phone and it's dual core & 4G so they get it. And the timing of it had most early D1 owners right at upgrade time. I've been to a bunch of other forums and all of the Bionic sections are busy. I would like to know phone model sales numbers, does that get published anywhere I wonder?
    There's also a significant difference in the demographic of Android buyers....For the most part, people get an upgrade and they go into the store and pick out a phone to buy. With the IPhone, people know there's only 1 release a year and so if they plan to stick with IOS, then you get the mad crush of sales when it releases.

I'd expect the Bionic sales to be more consistent over time, and it will do pretty well over a year. Of course the other fact of Android is, even on a single carrier, a better phone is out in a few months. Probably partly why we see so many marginal refreshes and upgrades, and the OEM's have multiple models. The Bionic probably won't have staying power, but then Moto will have several other models. So they don't need, nor expect, a single model to sell like the IPhone, not for more than a few months anyway. They also have more competition - all else equal, when you split the Android pie it's nearly impossible for a single carrier to get more than 1/3, even 1/4, of that.
  4. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    103 times
    Phone
    OG Droid UD 3.0 -- GB :)
    Quote Originally Posted by tgyberg View Post
    Like others have said, most people have no idea of any phone rumors. They see the ads for a "Droid" phone and it's dual core & 4G so they get it. And the timing of it had most early D1 owners right at upgrade time. I've been to a bunch of other forums and all of the Bionic sections are busy. I would like to know phone model sales numbers, does that get published anywhere I wonder?
    I wouldn't rely on forum traffic as any indicator of total sales. Truth of the matter is most ppl who own these phones are not members of any forum. The numbers who are on the forums are actually a very small amount
    Google Interview Q&A

Apple CEO, Verizon COO
  5. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    476 times
    Twitter
    Trusstopher
    Phone
    G-Nex
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by loki993 View Post
    I have no idea honestly. Wouldn't locking the bootloader defeat the whole purpose of the Nexus phone? These are supposed to be Dev phones right? Then again I suppose bloat may in some opinions too.
    Which is why some people think that VZW will be getting the Droid Prime and everyone else will be getting the Galaxy Nexus... almost the same phone with just different "features"
    If you always seem to have drama in your life, you are probably the one causing the drama.
    If customer service representatives or restaurant servers always seem to be rude to you, you are probably the one being rude.
    If your computer always seems to be freezing up on you, you're probably doing something wrong.

In my experience, drama begets drama, rudeness begets rudeness, and ineptitude begets ineptitude.
  6. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    712 times
    Phone
    D1/DX/DB/Nex/Note2
    Quote Originally Posted by czerdrill View Post
    I wouldn't rely on forum traffic as any indicator of total sales. Truth of the matter is most ppl who own these phones are not members of any forum. The numbers who are on the forums are actually a very small amount
    I know better than that, but if there were no traffic it would sure make me wonder!
    Trusstopher likes this.
  7. DF News Team
    Member #
    Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
    Liked
    158 times
    Twitter
    DroidNCState
    Phone
    Galaxy Note 3
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Crankintopwater69 View Post
    I dont no how 2 root and flash ROMs,so thats y i perfer no bloat.
    I do not Root so that is why I want a Bloat free phone.
    Follow Me On Twitter DroidNCState
    Proverbs 3:5-6 5Trust in the LORD with all your heart And do not lean on your own understanding.6In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He will make your paths straight.
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Twitter
    @brandonjnunn
    Phone
    Number 48 - toro (VZW GNex)
    Google will not let a Nexus launch with bloat on it. At most they may go the way of Sprint that had a few apps on theirs, but they were uninstallable without root. There are reliable sources of information that have system dumps and are advising that it does not come bloated. I believe them.
    Android4Life
    Current:
    Droid Incredible 2 CM7 & Aeroevan's 0.7 CFS Kernel

OG Droid CM7 that I use as a VOIP Home Phone on Wifi

Replaced:
    Droid X CM7 Stock Clock Speed Undervolted

-Android user/abuser since December 2009-
  9. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    712 times
    Phone
    D1/DX/DB/Nex/Note2
    Quote Originally Posted by Preach2k View Post
    I do not Root so that is why I want a Bloat free phone.
    Not rooting a phone that's pretty much made for it? That should be illegal!
  10. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    146 times
    Phone
    Moto LS355
    Another rumor. This one says ICS and Nexus are delayed due to patent issues

Eldar Murtazin Says Google & Samsung ICS Event Is Delayed Due To Patent War | Android Headlines
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Links