DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: [Rumor] Nexus Prime Release Coming November 3rd?

1. DF News Team
    Member #
    Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
    Liked
    158 times
    Twitter
    DroidNCState
    Phone
    Galaxy Note 3
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuktanuk View Post
    How many phones have you seen in recent years that Don't have at least some bloatware!?? Root easily fixes that kind of crap. I'm more interested in the phone living up the the hype and not falling short like the Bionic did with a lot of people.
    Nexus phones are not suppose to have Bloatware. I just want Pure Google Ice cream with No Bloatware!!!
    Follow Me On Twitter DroidNCState
    Proverbs 3:5-6 5Trust in the LORD with all your heart And do not lean on your own understanding.6In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He will make your paths straight.
  2. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid
    A "pure Google phone" would have the native wifi tether function available. I doubt Verizon will allow this. They'll hijack it force users to pay them for tethering.
    Last edited by GrillMouster; 10-11-2011 at 08:16 AM.
  3. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    130 times
    Twitter
    TLB687
    Phone
    Note 3 rockin 4.4.2 Kit Kat
    Quote Originally Posted by illmatic636 View Post
    All I can speculate about that is the Nexus Prime will get direct software updates from Google and the Droid Prime will get it from Verizion. Unless there is a hardware difference. One may have touchwiz and one maybe be vanilla too
    Some1 said verizon would find a way 2 mess this all up.Well,we'll just have 2 wait and c. c.
    "I'll stop buying smartphones when they make One smarter than me."Where's the stylus pen on the new One?
  4. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    130 times
    Twitter
    TLB687
    Phone
    Quote Originally Posted by Preach2k View Post
    Nexus phones are not suppose to have Bloatware. I just want Pure Google Ice cream with No Bloatware!!!
    I want 2 get on ur ark.lol!!!!
    "I'll stop buying smartphones when they make One smarter than me."Where's the stylus pen on the new One?
  5. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    130 times
    Twitter
    TLB687
    Phone
    Quote Originally Posted by GrillMouster View Post
    A "pure Google [COLOR=#812528 !important][COLOR=#812528 !important]phone[/COLOR][/COLOR]" would have the native wifi tether function available. I doubt Verizon will allow this. They'll hijack it force users to pay them for tethering.
    Thank 4 the info.This doesnt look good ladies and gents,i smell a rat!
  6. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    103 times
    Phone
    OG Droid UD 3.0 -- GB :)
    Quote Originally Posted by Crankintopwater69 View Post
    I must say,i totally agree with u.Ill go as far as 2 say say,if the bionic wasnt built by moto,it would not have sold as well as it did.
    Did the bionic really do that well? I doubt it had any appreciable number of sales
    Google Interview Q&A

Apple CEO, Verizon COO
  7. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    401 times
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    A "pure Google [COLOR=#812528 !important][COLOR=#812528 !important]phone[/COLOR][/COLOR]" would have the native wifi tether function available. I doubt Verizon will allow this. They'll hijack it force users to pay them for tethering.
    Scary thought....What if VZW forces everyone wanting this phone to pay for a tethering package?

As for bloatware, does it matter if it's a pure google phone? It's almost enjoyable to delete useless system apps.
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    Quote Originally Posted by illmatic636 View Post
    I'm just speculating. But I won't put it buy them. Someone has to pay for the Lucas trademark. It just gets passed on to the consumer somehow. Fingers crossed for a pure version.
    Quote Originally Posted by Preach2k View Post
    I do understand the want for no bloatware, but this is a Nexus Dev phone which should have an unlocked bootloader. So I don't really understand the worry or complaining about it. If it comes with bloatware who really cares. Root it, which where all gonna do anyway, and flash stock andriod on it or one of the many many ROMS that will inevitably be available for it and problem solved.
  9. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    401 times
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    Quote Originally Posted by czerdrill View Post
    Did the bionic really do that well? I doubt it had any appreciable number of sales
    Haven't heard anything, but it's got to be doing pretty well, right? All the expansion of LTE and it's the first pretty beastly (despite what people on this forum say) dual-core LTE phone on VZW. Pretty decent promotion, too. It's not like the masses know about the upcoming phones that will put the Bionic to shame. There had to be a good number of people waiting for it, because the Bionic was all over phone threads I read on various non-tech forums.
  10. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    103 times
    Phone
    OG Droid UD 3.0 -- GB :)
    Is this actually true? Are the other nexus devices allowed carrier approved tethering for free while other phones are not just because its a nexus device? I don't think so but not sure. Tethering has always been "where your carrier allows". Google can't force a carrier to change their tethering policies.
    Google Interview Q&A

Apple CEO, Verizon COO
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Links